Meaningless Fluff

moreluck

golden ticket member
24751507005c343c5573390e2e1715df.jpg

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....
The worst thing that you can do is think about it. Do that and you are done before you even start. Ignore (mentally) the heat, hydrate often, take advantage of those stops that have AC for a brief break and you will be just fine.

Thanks for that info; I work in heat 4 months of each year that would knock you down.

@soberups experienced the heat and humidity of the South recently when he traveled with his wife to attend the funeral of a member of her family. That trip was in March; the killer heat was still 2 months away.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Thanks for that info; I work in heat 4 months of each year that would knock you down.

@soberups experienced the heat and humidity of the South recently when he traveled with his wife to attend the funeral of a member of her family. That trip was in March; the killer heat was still 2 months away.
The heat/humidity in Georgia in March was as almost as bad as the worst heat/humidity we experience in Oregon in August. Maybe not as hot, but WAY more humid. We might have 3 or 4 days out of the whole year where it reaches 100, and it is seldom humid here.

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....
The heat/humidity in Georgia in March was as almost as bad as the worst heat/humidity we experience in Oregon in August. Maybe not as hot, but WAY more humid. We might have 3 or 4 days out of the whole year where it reaches 100, and it is seldom humid here.

We have weeks of 95 or greater, humidity early in the day will be close to or at 100%. You walk through that kind of heat.

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....
I lose count of how many 20 oz. Gatorades I drink each day, plus a jug of ice water. I have to stop in the early afternoon and buy a bag of ice to put in my cooler. What was there, has completely melted.

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....
Logically, 2 weeks of vacation should be twice as good as 1 week. However, the reality is that 2 weeks has a much greater value than that.

Must be on some kind of an exponential curve plan.

Of course, like everything in life, there is a trade off.
When I take 2 weeks together, that only leaves me with 5 single weeks remaining.