Mechanic at UPS

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
With a big target on my back for practicing union activities I don't dare start the truck first and then the seatbelt. As I was told, "When you are in the drivers seat and the truck is running you will have your seatbelt on.", I therefore always put my seatbelt on first.

upsdude

With a big target on my back for practicing union activities I don't dare start the truck first and then the seatbelt. As I was told, "When you are in the drivers seat and the truck is running you will have your seatbelt on.", I therefore always put my seatbelt on first.

Here it's "Anytime the vehicle is in motion". See we work for the exact same UPS, only different. LOL.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I start first then grab the belt. Doing so allows the rear camera to power up before the truck moves.

This is the way I was taught to do it but our DM told us at our PCM that they now want us to buckle up first and then start the vehicle.

I will continue to do it the way that I have been doing it as it has worked out well. I use the rear view camera quite a bit and starting first gives it time to warm up before I put the vehicle in gear.

Stugefreak

Why won't my mechanic fix my bulkhead door??? Brand new car, had it about 5 weeks, and the bulkhead door sticks/rubs while closing. It's driving me NUTS! He's greased it 15 times, and that works great for about 1/2 an hour.
His last response was, "Sorry, can't be fixed".
Why not?? IT'S A BRAND NEW CAR!!! EVERYTHING SHOULD WORK!!!

Sorry for the rant. Anyone heard of this problem getting solved?
The mechanic didn't design it. If it working properly he cannot redesign it. Since it is new there are probably no warn parts to replace to make it work better than it did from the factory. Take the time to talk to him if you haven't just don't keep writing it up he needs more info than most drivers scrawl on the DOT.

oldngray

nowhere special
pinhead necro2.jpg

Stugefreak

Why won't my mechanic fix my bulkhead door??? Brand new car, had it about 5 weeks, and the bulkhead door sticks/rubs while closing. It's driving me NUTS! He's greased it 15 times, and that works great for about 1/2 an hour.
His last response was, "Sorry, can't be fixed".
Why not?? IT'S A BRAND NEW CAR!!! EVERYTHING SHOULD WORK!!!

Sorry for the rant. Anyone heard of this problem getting solved?
Mechanic at UPS. Real hard job. You have to be able to fix exactly ONE type of vehicle.

It's not like being a real mechanic where you have to work on ANY type of vehicle.
package cars are not all the same. Not being a mechanic you wouldn't understand that

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
The mechanic didn't design it. If it working properly he cannot redesign it. Since it is new there are probably no warn parts to replace to make it work better than it did from the factory. Take the time to talk to him if you haven't just don't keep writing it up he needs more info than most drivers scrawl on the DOT.
You do realize that complaint is 7 years old?