Mechanic humor

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
I need to write up my hand truck...

Squeaks like mad when I push it...WD40 didn't do the trick...I think the wheels need to be removed and the bearings replaced and repacked...

Sup saw me pulling it and from where I lock it up and started giving me the drill about 'push don't pull/end-range motion' etc...

I turned it around and started wheeling it forward...it squeaks at the frequency that hits your brain like an ice-pick...

Sup said, okay, you can pull it...LOL

The springs are rubbing on the tires. Get the wheels reshimmed.:peaceful:

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
And put 3 lbs extra air in them. I can do .05 SPOHR more when they're slightly over-inflated.

I have to adhere to the charted inflation specs or risk disciplinary action if there is a PMI audit.:funny: The shimming thing is not a joke. The handtrucks are assembled badly.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
I'll do it myself on Monday...

What tools do I need to bring, what's the reshimming method, give me a breakdown...

thanks.

You just need a pair of pliers unless it's really messed up. Remove the kotter pins holding the wheels to the axle take the wheels off the axle along with whatever shims are on the outward facing side of the wheel. Take the shims you had on the outside and put them over the axle so the will be on the inside of the wheel. Put the wheels back on the axle and then put the kotter pins back on. Would probably be best if you leave at least 1 shim on the outside of each wheel. This should move the wheels outboard enough so they don't rub the springs. If you don't have enough to get the desired effect you could probably rob a broken one for more. Must be one around. There's plenty littering my center.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
You don't want your mechanic delivering your stops do you? Best let him do his job. Need the job security in this economy you know. Hint* sarcasm