Mechanic talk

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
I made a dam good living working at UPS---so did our mechanic. Neither one of us expected to be tipped. Now days most everybody has their friggin hand out. If they are well compensated (that's the key thing here) screw them--I'm not tipping. I tip waiters, bartenders and a few others (15 -20 %). I realize in some parts of the country UPS drivers expect to get tipped (seriously--- making 70K to over 100K a year and expect a tip?---get a life). There is a big difference between getting a tip and EXPECTING one. A UPS driver around here that EXPECTS a tip at Christmas or any other time is in for a big surprise. From my experience the whole tipping thing is more of a east coast thing---EVERYONE has their hand out there.
Not expecting anything either, but some of us are taking home less and less hourly and we aren't allowed to do as much overtime as we can take. No matter how well we do, we will never make money, so the bean counters look upon us as something to be completely minimized.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Are you talking PC or trailer
How much tar do you have e on your roof?
° = none
Package car. We had a brand new 165xxx series 10 cube with the roof leaking on the driver side. I just used a nitrile glove and scooped some tar out of the 5 gallon bucket and went over the seams at the front of the roof and it's been ok ever since. Of course I went over it with brown paint the next day.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Not expecting anything either, but some of us are taking home less and less hourly and we aren't allowed to do as much overtime as we can take. No matter how well we do, we will never make money, so the bean counters look upon us as something to be completely minimized.

Maybe you should start a GoFundMe page.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
cp000838-22t-engine-cylinder-block-93-97-audi-s4-s6-urs4-urs6-aan.jpg

Outhouse for 6 midgets.

Gear

Parts on Order
Its funny to hear you drivers say you shouldnt tip your mechanic because they get paid and the contract says requires them to work.

Dont you guys get tips during christmas for doing your job and completing work the contract says? You guys are so greedy. "More money for me, hahaha!" "I love money." "Money, money,money."

I dont think any full time UPSers should receive tips. We make more money then most workers.

Fellow mechs, remember everyone's comments this winter around christmas. Turn down those heater control valves, so the heat doesnt run as hot. Let those tires run down to the legal limits. Pull out the weather striping around the doors so the cold air blows in.

Loaders, screw up the loads.

Their tips they receive will compensate them for the difficulties.

wayfair

swollen member
Its funny to hear you drivers say you shouldnt tip your mechanic because they get paid and the contract says requires them to work.

Dont you guys get tips during christmas for doing your job and completing work the contract says? You guys are so greedy. "More money for me, hahaha!" "I love money." "Money, money,money."

I dont think any full time UPSers should receive tips. We make more money then most workers.

Fellow mechs, remember everyone's comments this winter around christmas. Turn down those heater control valves, so the heat doesnt run as hot. Let those tires run down to the legal limits. Pull out the weather striping around the doors so the cold air blows in.

Greedy???

I don't expect tips, especially money..

Go ride with any driver. I'm sure you'd appreciate your job a bit more.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1467141046.566025.jpg

Gear

Parts on Order
You guys dont get tips? Why do drivers deserve tips and no one else? Say a customer tips you, and then you give a tip to the loaders, unloaders and the part time car washers. They tipped your service which requires the truck being loaded, unloaded, washed and fueled. So some of that tip is theirs too. Notice I kept it to the part time employees, they're the only ones who deserve a tip.

Gear

Parts on Order
Greedy???

I don't expect tips, especially money..

Go ride with any driver. I'm sure you'd appreciate your job a bit more.

I shouldve stated not all drivers collect tips and are greedy. I apologize to you and the few others like you.

You've had to seen at some point with UPS what Im talking about. This is greedy company and environment. Greed doesnt stop at salary employees.