Mechanic talk

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Yeah, then my passwords would not work. I sent in for a new one. Maybe it will work after I jump through the security hoops.Looks like you get kicked out of the parts system after using it. Can't keep the window open any more. Me no like.

iamupser

Grease Monkey
I had a sup do a "hoods up" audit and checked the brake fluid and forgot to put the cap back on. Fluid dumped out but driver made it in with "spongy brake" (should have been a road call). That sup is a manager now. Go figure!

Gear

Parts on Order
Im sick of logging in and out all day. We have 4 guys and 2 computers. Only 1 person can be logged in at a time.
On off on off on off on off on
Allow? Yes
Run? yes
Then the 3 boxes you have to click yes. Warranty parts, previous history and what ever the other is.

YES RUN ALLOW God damnit!!!!!!!!!!!!

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Im sick of logging in and out all day. We have 4 guys and 2 computers. Only 1 person can be logged in at a time.
Allow? Yes
Run? yes
Then the 3 boxes you have to click yes. Warranty parts, previous history and what ever the other is.

Oh joy! I can't even get in yet still.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
I had a sup do a "hoods up" audit and checked the brake fluid and forgot to put the cap back on. Fluid dumped out but driver made it in with "spongy brake" (should have been a road call). That sup is a manager now. Go figure!
A 've gotten totally bogus items with these audits. No registration--no, it's there behind the accident report. Too much free pedal--no, I adjusted it perfectly already. This whole P clamp thing is getting out of hand IMHO. Even for sensor wiring? The worst that could happen there is a driveabilty issue...get a grip.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Allow? Yes
Run? yes

transmitting...

Indecisi0n

Why do I have to push so hard on the newer trucks brake pedal before it will release the shifter lock and allow me to put the truck in gear?

iamupser

Grease Monkey
Why do I have to push so hard on the newer trucks brake pedal before it will release the shifter lock and allow me to put the truck in gear?

Many of the new Freightliners have brake booster issues (stiff pedal). They should have a permanent fix soon, until then we keep replacing them and some last a while some don't. Could be you might have a brake light switch that isn't sensitive enough either.

Gear

Parts on Order
Any thoughts on the new timecard? Haven't had the opportunity to try it yet.

Say you select Accessories, then you want wiper arm. You can no longer just hit W and go down to wiper arm, you have to scroll through all the selections.

We have 2 computers, one regular square screen, the other wide screen. The normal screen bunches everything together. So having your timecard in upper and open repairs in lower makes them hard to view. But on the wide screen, everything is spaced better. Im not sure if its some type of setting or what. If I lower the normal screen view percentage anymore, I'll need a microscope to see anything. This wasnt a problem with AIS.