Mechanics get turkeys and safety awards

Wiggy

2 People are dead and you make it a labor issue. Shut the heck up and go back in your hole you classless piece of cow dung. FDX lost a plane in China so your theory sucks and is just plane wrong to make.

You can spin it any way you like. UPS hates its employee's, not me.

Wiggy

Spin what you freaking loser. Your posts are beyond classes based on what happened today. Just shut up and go away.

Calm down there tomato head. You are trying to make it sound like I disrepected our fallen pilots. I have said my prays for them and believe me when I say that UPS mechanics care more for our pilots than you do.

iamupser

Grease Monkey
How crass could you be. I was a B1 mechanic in the AF making the equivelent of $7.00 per hour. working ungodly long hours and in all parts of the world. I NEVER complained about the money or the job. I took great pride in what I did and you know what, the bills got paid all the same. Unbelievable. Kinda reminds me of the attitude of Northwest Airlines, How did that work out? Fairly compenated!

That's a fair comparison isn't it? I know UPS likes to think of themselves as modeled after the military.
Thank you for your service though. :salute:

705red

Browncafe Steward
Mechanics, God love the sense of entitlement. So if I buy you a soda for doing a good job, does that mean I have to give you one every day. Have you taken a look at the economy? Read a paper next time you are sitting in your truck. Is there anything you are not owed.

The turkeys were spelled out under your benfit package. For UPS just to remove a benefit because they want to is not right. And under the maintenance of standards article in our contract says that they must maintain all benefits at the time of signing this agreement.

UPS has laid off people and forced them to split shift for well over a year now and they use the economy as a scape goat. Yet they are still hiring part timers to do the work that these people are laid off from.

Kudos to the Mechanics UNION for fighting this through. We have the same grievances going to arbitration real soon.
Air any way I can get a copy of that arbitration?

brownone

The turkeys were spelled out under your benfit package. For UPS just to remove a benefit because they want to is not right. And under the maintenance of standards article in our contract says that they must maintain all benefits at the time of signing this agreement.

UPS has laid off people and forced them to split shift for well over a year now and they use the economy as a scape goat. Yet they are still hiring part timers to do the work that these people are laid off from.

Kudos to the Mechanics UNION for fighting this through. We have the same grievances going to arbitration real soon.
Air any way I can get a copy of that arbitration?

Red, Cite the Article and page.

fxdwg

Long Time Member
Enjoy your turkey.........It's your "right". I am not ashamed to state how amazed I am at the simplistic vision some seem to have about "rights" and their Union-negotiated "rights"... I don't get a turkey...I just buy one if I want.

iamupser

Grease Monkey
Enjoy your turkey.........It's your "right". I am not ashamed to state how amazed I am at the simplistic vision some seem to have about "rights" and their Union-negotiated "rights"... I don't get a turkey...I just buy one if I want.

1st turkeys, then health insurance, then wages, stop the bleeding in the beginning, before it starts gushing.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Kind of grey area. When did you file the grievance?

It was filed right when they announced that they were stopping they turkeys. We also filed for the service awards and the stock 10%. The turkeys alone will add up to about a million dollars in 705 alone.

Great job 2727!!!!!!!

fxdwg

Long Time Member
You forgot the really most important thing - vending machines. And don't even think about raising prices for those Twinkies.

Good idea Hoaxster

Vending machines in remote areas of the Country that Vouchers could be redeemed for Turkey Chits. Grocery Stores far from those areas could redeem them between certain times and days. If otherwise, the Chit would be confiscated and the Bearer arrested and tortured.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You forgot the really most important thing - vending machines. And don't even think about raising prices for those Twinkies.

Good idea Hoaxster

Vending machines in remote areas of the Country that Vouchers could be redeemed for Turkey Chits. Grocery Stores far from those areas could redeem them between certain times and days. If otherwise, the Chit would be confiscated and the Bearer arrested and tortured.

fxdwg, this one flew right over your head.

brownone

It was filed right when they announced that they were stopping they turkeys. We also filed for the service awards and the stock 10%. The turkeys alone will add up to about a million dollars in 705 alone.

Great job 2727!!!!!!!

You complain that you may some day have to pay for benefits and get excited about a million dollar charge for turkeys. Nice attitude. Do you leave the lights on in the building on purpose, because you know it will cost UPS more money?

iamupser

Grease Monkey
Do you leave the lights on in the building on purpose, because you know it will cost UPS more money?

Sounds patriotic, someone has to keep the economic recovery going. Why shouldn't UPS help the recovery by spending money with the utility who will keep other workers (management too) on the job. Who would have thought leaving a light on when we left could be so beneficial for America?:smart:

brownone

Sounds patriotic, someone has to keep the economic recovery going. Why shouldn't UPS help the recovery by spending money with the utility who will keep other workers (management too) on the job. Who would have thought leaving a light on when we left could be so beneficial for America?:smart:

You are true fighter for freedom and the American way.

The mechanics cooking said turkey.

[video=youtube;X14iH0tkgFo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X14iH0tkgFo&feature=player_embedded[/video]