Medco/express scripts

ikoi62

Is anyone else having problems with Medco since they were bought by Express scripts?
I have had nothing but problems
1. not shipping when it says it would
2.wrong medicine sent
3 My Dr sends in order while I'm there and they don't reply for close to a week.
4 letters saying we couldn't process script but a email saying they did.
plus the phone calls to my cell and home..its seems to have gone crazy to me.

Do we have to use them? My Hr person couldn't answer that. and didn't know who to ask.

over9five

Staff member
Is anyone else having problems with Medco since they were bought by Express scripts?
I have had nothing but problems
1. not shipping when it says it would
2.wrong medicine sent
3 My Dr sends in order while I'm there and they don't reply for close to a week.
4 letters saying we couldn't process script but a email saying they did.
plus the phone calls to my cell and home..its seems to have gone crazy to me.

Do we have to use them? My Hr person couldn't answer that. and didn't know who to ask.
I've had no real problem, except I used to get it THE next day. Now it takes two days.
You can use your pharmacy card at nearly any pharmacy, BUT it will cost more.

over9five

Staff member
Why would it cost more? Wouldn't you pay the co-pay whether you use mail order or go to your local Rx?

For us, almost all ExpressScripts are $5.
If you use your Teamster pharmacy card at a brick & mortar pharmacy, it costs more. My wife had surgery last week, and the antibiotics we had to get that day costed $20. I tried to get her to wait for the mail order.....!

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I have not had a real bad problem but...I got a call on the 28th saying a mail in was being processed, could not hear the person, and they did not say who they were (voicemail) and a email on the 1st of March saying it would be delivered on March 1st. Problem is it has to be signed for and it was attempted on the 28th. My wonderful driver took it to the neighbor, not something I do, but hes great.
I used to get an email, when it was being processed, and I could go to the medco site, and see when it was shipped, and would arrive, aside also from an email they would send, all worked well. I went to the site, and it did not even show it being received, (the mail in).
You can use Rite Aid, but with this script it is for 3 months, and they would only fill it with 150, when the script is for 180. Which causes more haggling with the docs office. So thats what I know.

barnyard

KTM rider
We had huge problems.

We documented them, including the names and times of the people we spoke with. We then called the local H&W number and told them. They were really interested by the operator that told us, "If you are having so many issues, why not go to your local Walgreens." The local H&W people said that the company had the contract to provide cheaper prescriptions at a reasonable cost. They were incensed by the 'go to Walgreen's' comment. They said they would fix it.

We have not had a problem since.

That is why I pay union dues. It costs my local money to have someone on staff to take care of that kind of stuff. People in RTW states that are not members are leeching on those services that member money provides.

DorkHead

Are you with a company or union health plan? I am covered by a union plan and get my scripts filled locally.

If you are on maintenance meds you (we) are required to use Medco delivered by private courier. It`s a $2.00 copay for 90 day supply. Much cheaper than using local pharmacies.