Media Bias --Super Bowl

island1fox

SF player makes comments about no gays on the team --he is slammed by Media --insulted 5% of population --forced to apologize.

Baltimore PLAYER uses media day to promote Gay Marriage --insults 50% of population --Media praises him -no apology necessary.

Now that is fair coverage by the news . If its Liberal or Progressive view--no problem. Conservative or traditional view --you must apologize. :sad-little:

Rediculous !!!

upsman2940

It's not ridiculous.... It's now common... That's the way opinions are shaped molded and blindfolded!! They are gonna get what want ... But when they do.... They aren't gonna be satisfied! Ever!!!!

island1fox

RTS,

To be very honest with you I could care less what football players think about social issues or political issues

This is a sporting event where I want to get away with all the nonsense on both the right and left.

Just annoyed me that if the media agrees with the social comment --player is praised for using the forum --if the media does not agree --the calls for apologies ???

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
RTS,

To be very honest with you I could care less what football players think about social issues or political issues

This is a sporting event where I want to get away with all the nonsense on both the right and left.

Just annoyed me that if the media agrees with the social comment --player is praised for using the forum --if the media does not agree --the calls for apologies ???

There is a real difference between statements ISLAND.

One was inclusive and benign, and the other was hurtful and disrespectful..

The 49er made this statement afterwards:

"The derogatory comments I made (Tuesday) were a reflection of thoughts in my head, but they are not how I feel," the statement read. "It has taken me seeing them in print to realize that they are hurtful and ugly. Those discriminating feelings are truly not in my heart. Further, I apologize to those who I have hurt and offended, and I pledge to learn and grow from this experience."

Do you see the word "discriminating" in the statement?

This is the difference between the two.

You may not like gays, and then again, maybe you do, I dont know. ( wink )

But these statements either way should never be made in a sports arena. He was actually answering a question poised by shock jock artie lange and he spoke before he thought about it.

Now he pays the price for his ignorance.

As for your 5% claim, look a little deeper bro, its larger than 5%. The GOP republicans alone have at least a 10% gay supporters in their LOG CABIN REPUBLICANS.

Peace

TOS

island1fox

Tos,

That is your opinion and your point of view.

My main point is the media bias.

Today's example------Your favorite Media -Faux--Reported the fact that the unemployment number went up TO 7.9 %

Msnbc reports that 156000 jobs were created .

Both true --Both Biased !!

I have said this to you before --usually do not like to repeat myself. I am not a dyed in the wool right winger --I can see the trees and the forest and I can believe but have not seen --that bears do ****:happy-very: in the woods.

From behind your Rose colored glasses you only see what you want---sad---because if me and YOU took on the Politicians --our Country would be in much better shape.

Wow -have to stop --sounding too much like wkmac.:happy-very:

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Tos,

That is your opinion and your point of view.

My main point is the media bias.

Today's example------Your favorite Media -Faux--Reported the fact that the unemployment number went up TO 7.9 %

Msnbc reports that 156000 jobs were created .

Both true --Both Biased !!

I have said this to you before --usually do not like to repeat myself. I am not a dyed in the wool right winger --I can see the trees and the forest and I can believe but have not seen --that bears do ****:happy-very: in the woods.

From behind your Rose colored glasses you only see what you want---sad---because if me and YOU took on the Politicians --our Country would be in much better shape.

Wow -have to stop --sounding too much like wkmac.:happy-very:

Listen bro, no matter how you try to straddle the fence, you are a right wing extremist, you just dont like the title.

The media was widespread on this issue. The ugly comments made drew more attention yes, and to the other, well, Ive heard worst coming from republicans.

Peace

TOS

texan

Listen bro, no matter how you try to straddle the fence, you are a right wing extremist, you just dont like the title.

The media was widespread on this issue. The ugly comments made drew more attention yes, and to the other, well, Ive heard worst coming from republicans.

Peace

TOS
Guess I am too (Right Wing)

Sort of missed you TOS. I wondered where you were.

You do present the Other Side with passion.

I always will defend anyone's right to post, as long as they observe the TOS.

Shalom
texan

island1fox

Liberals like TOS will always point to Bill Mayer, Jon Stewart and letterman and tell us that there vile comments are just comedy.

The SF player that was forced to say he was wrong was on a shock jock comedy show ---Double standard strikes again !!!

bbsam

Staff member
Liberals like TOS will always point to Bill Mayer, Jon Stewart and letterman and tell us that there vile comments are just comedy.

The SF player that was forced to say he was wrong was on a shock jock comedy show ---Double standard strikes again !!!
I can't speak for Bill or Dave because I don't watch them, but Jon Stewart is anything but vile and is very, very funny.

bbsam

Staff member
Actually, if you could post something from Stewart that is vile, I would like to see it. He really doesn't come off the least bit offensive at all, has had wonderful dialog with Newt Gingrich and John McCain on several occasions, and seemed genuinely charmed when interviewing Condi Rice. That he makes fun of folks on the right doesn't make him vile.

Just_another_day_at_work

Almost forgot a nice coincidence here too the twin brothers(coaches) facing each other like they watching each other in the mirror, just like our twin 2012 presidential campaigners.
And Beyonce will sing in the middle, hope she gets a nice purple dress or white/black one is good too. :biting:

island1fox

I can't speak for Bill or Dave because I don't watch them, but Jon Stewart is anything but vile and is very, very funny.

bbsam,

Got it--Got it ---You love Jon Stewart -----Main point is the double standard --if a Liberal person in the Media says something offensive concerning conservative traditions or principles --it is comedy.

When on a comedy show --such as the SF football player --He is forced to apologize.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
bbsam,

Got it--Got it ---You love Jon Stewart -----Main point is the double standard --if a Liberal person in the Media says something offensive concerning conservative traditions or principles --it is comedy.

When on a comedy show --such as the SF football player --He is forced to apologize.

What are the conservative traditions? What kind of nonsense is that?

Are we trying to mate our points to Bill Orielly's foot in mouth "traditional white america" comments?

Peace

TOS

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
bbsam,

Who forced him? I posted his statement, it clearly says that "HE" recognizes, and I see nowhere where he states he was forced to do anything.

can you show us where he was forced by someone and who that was?

peace

TOS

island1fox

Tos,

I know the thought of a TRADITION --That MARRIAGE is between a MAN and a Woman is foreign to you --I understand that - white race comment ????:sad-little:

I see how Liberals respect all points of view --as long as it matches theirs.

But Please ---Reading a written statement that someone else wrote for him ---once in a while deal with reality. It was obviously HIS idea and HIS statement of apology???? I think not.

Believe that --I have a Bridge to sell you.