Media Bias

Please explain?

I'm sorry, I thought it pretty well spoke for it's self. I'll explain what I meant. You don't like being told you are wrong, I don't like being told I am wrong, I would say most people don't either. The lyrics you posted reflect that the "artist" has heard preachers saying that the things he does are wrong and he doesn't like it. Thus the song, rap or whatever it is, is saying he does not want anyone telling him he is wrong in his thoughts and actions.

I'm not saying the "artist" is wrong, but the message he gets from the preacher, or whomever, is not a message he wants to hear.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I'm sorry, I thought it pretty well spoke for it's self. I'll explain what I meant. You don't like being told you are wrong, I don't like being told I am wrong, I would say most people don't either. The lyrics you posted reflect that the "artist" has heard preachers saying that the things he does are wrong and he doesn't like it. Thus the song, rap or whatever it is, is saying he does not want anyone telling him he is wrong in his thoughts and actions.

I'm not saying the "artist" is wrong, but the message he gets from the preacher, or whomever, is not a message he wants to hear.
I don't see the right or wrong issue but I do see a shunning of outside influence and persuasion. That's what I was going for - which falls within the realm of media bias and persuasive tactics for mind control, thought control, etc. Perhaps the author does understand and even agree with the preacher, for ex, but does not want to listen to them preach.

I don't see the right or wrong issue but I do see a shunning of outside influence and persuasion. That's what I was going for - which falls within the realm of media bias and persuasive tactics for mind control, thought control, etc. Perhaps the author does understand and even agree with the preacher, for ex, but does not want to listen to them preach.

The wording of the song doesn't support that he agrees with the preacher but I guess each listener/reader has has to interpret the stanzas .
Aren't we all influenced by what we read, hear and see? How do you know that the sources you learn from are any more correct than anyone else? Books , regardless if who writes them, are as much part of media as the TV or newspapers, maybe not on the same scale but the credibility level is equal as to the intent of the authors. One that you call a genius can well be another's fool.

wkmac

Let's turn the liberal media bias on it's head shall we. Let's compare the liberal Huffington Post and compare it to the right/libertarian Reason magazine (think Kochtopus when you think Reason) and let's use Sarah Palin coverage as the sample.

Sunday, November 13, 2011

HuffPo versus a Kochtopus Magazine

David Friedman writes:
During the 2010 elections, I found I had a new hobby—defending Tea Party candidates from claims that they were nuttier than they actually were. One pleasant surprise was the discovery that the Huffington Post, at least in the cases I looked at (example), was a reliable source of information, even when reporting on people whose views they obviously disagreed with.

One unpleasant surprise was discovering, on Reason.com, words attributed to a candidate, given in quotation marks, which the candidate had not said. The author of the piece had altered both words and meaning. When I pointed that out to him by email he defended what he had written. The misquote was only corrected after I pointed it out to someone else at Reason.​
Here's Friedman on another Reason story:
In a webbed "candidate profile" of Sarah Palin, Reason.com writes:
Regarding the invasions of Iraq and Aghanistan, she said, "Our national leaders are sending U.S. soldiers on a task that is from God."​
The actual quote is available in a variety of places. The following is from the Huffington Post; the accompanying video of the speech is no longer up:

"Pray for our military men and women who are striving to do what is right. Also, for this country, that our leaders, our national leaders, are sending [U.S. soldiers] out on a task that is from God," she exhorted the congregants. "That's what we have to make sure that we're praying for, that there is a plan and that that plan is God's plan."

What she is saying is not that the war is a task that is from God but that her listeners should pray that it is. She even says it twice over. Asking people to pray that something is true implies, not that you know it is true, but that you are afraid it might not be.

Reason converted "Pray that X is true" into "X is true." That is either incompetent journalism or a deliberate lie

source

moreluck

golden ticket member
What is it about OBAMAS COMPLETE statement that you and FOXED SPEWS and the word doctors on the right have a problem with?

The fact that what he said is true?

Give it your best shot.

Peace.
The point isn't WHAT he said, but that his protective media fails to mention it. I don't care if he calls America lazy because we have names for him too. AP and NYT is the point..they didn't cover his statement....................but of course, you don't get the point.

PASS

bbsam

Staff member
Then you definitely should stop forcing yourself to do anything you don't want to do.....It's what adulthood is about!
No. An adult will listen to differing opinions and make decisions as to their relevance. Suffice it to say I'm not surprised you have a different view of this.