Media Ratings

island1fox

:wink2:I always have to laugh when Bill O'Reilly beams when he talks about the Fox network ratings being so much higher than all other competitors.
This is the true reason and proof of media bias.
The country is very close to a 50-50 split on many major issues.
CBS,NBC,ABC,CNN,MSNBC are all left leaning and split the 50% they cater to.
Fox is the only right leaning network so the other 50% have no where else to go.
If another conservative or right leaning network would appear , Fox would drop by 50%
This is the real proof of left and right media bias, a very dangerous situation with no watchdog for the people !!!
O'Reilly on this issue -Wake up !! You really are not as great as you believe.

Lue C Fur

Evil member
:wink2:I always have to laugh when Bill O'Reilly beams when he talks about the Fox network ratings being so much higher than all other competitors.
This is the true reason and proof of media bias.
The country is very close to a 50-50 split on many major issues.
CBS,NBC,ABC,CNN,MSNBC are all left leaning and split the 50% they cater to.
Fox is the only right leaning network so the other 50% have no where else to go.
If another conservative or right leaning network would appear , Fox would drop by 50%
This is the real proof of left and right media bias, a very dangerous situation with no watchdog for the people !!!
O'Reilly on this issue -Wake up !! You really are not as great as you believe.

That sad thing is that the news which should be watching out for the people and be the watchdogs of the govt are doing a aweful job...when did the media go to hell?

moreluck

golden ticket member
I totally don't mind if somebody 'crows' who has actually accomplished a major win in the ratings......unlike the Messiah who boasts, but has accomplished nothing!!

moreluck

golden ticket member
For the 12th consecutive year, Fox is the most watched cable news network !!
They beat CNN and MSNBC combined viewership numbers.

oldngray

nowhere special
Good quote from Media Matters. There they admit they submit all facts to a prefabricated set of interpretations and enjoy their comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought. And they quoted a Democrat. Unusually honest admission from liberals.

ImWaitingForTheDay

Annoy a conservative....Think for yourself
ailes-runs-FOX.jpg

moreluck

golden ticket member
Fox News Channel (FNC), also known as Fox News, is an American basic cable and satellite news television channel that is owned by the Fox Entertainment Group subsidiary of 21st Century Fox. As of August 2013, approximately 97,186,000 American households (85.1% of cable, satellite & telco customers) receive the Fox News Channel.[1] The channel broadcasts primarily from studios at Rockefeller Center in New York City.
The channel was created by Australian-American media mogul Rupert Murdoch, who hired former NBC executive Roger Ailes as its founding CEO.[2] It launched on October 7, 1996,[3] to 17 million cable subscribers.[4] It grew during the late 1990s and 2000s to become the dominant cable news network in the United States.[5]

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
The same old folks who have nothing better to do all day than be brainwashed by fox news, tune in all day long. Some, like those on this board say they leave on FOX news for background noise.

Its the same 2.3 million people hour after hour who need to be constantly told the same thing over and over who tune in to fox. The channel that gives them the very red meat they need to satisfy their hate for the president.

Progressives dont need cable television to guide their lives. Unfortunately, the GOP crowd does. It cant break away from the false stories on FOX news, they cant help it, they dont know any better.

No matter how false or exaggerated the story on FOX news, the faithful watch intently.

Ratings dont make stories true.

If you look at the demographics of the fox news watcher, you will find that they are WHITE, OLD, mostly retired.

In other words, OLD PEOPLE. Sean Hannity's best demographic is ages 45 to 65 year old white men.

The GOP has nothing left to bank on other than the OLD WHITE person.

Sorry, but you folks are just too old to understand what happened to you.

TOS.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
The same old folks who have nothing better to do all day than be brainwashed by fox news, tune in all day long. Some, like those on this board say they leave on FOX news for background noise.

Its the same 2.3 million people hour after hour who need to be constantly told the same thing over and over who tune in to fox. The channel that gives them the very red meat they need to satisfy their hate for the president.

Progressives dont need cable television to guide their lives. Unfortunately, the GOP crowd does. It cant break away from the false stories on FOX news, they cant help it, they dont know any better.

No matter how false or exaggerated the story on FOX news, the faithful watch intently.

Ratings dont make stories true.

If you look at the demographics of the fox news watcher, you will find that they are WHITE, OLD, mostly retired.

In other words, OLD PEOPLE. Sean Hannity's best demographic is ages 45 to 65 year old white men.

The GOP has nothing left to bank on other than the OLD WHITE person.

Sorry, but you folks are just too old to understand what happened to you.

TOS.

I find it ironic that you quote and talk about FOX News more than anyone else on Brown Cafe ... maybe more than everyone else put together.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Bill O'Reilly has landed a pre-game (Superbowl) interview with Obama.
I bet his first question WON'T be "Are you a fan of red pepper hot sauce or green pepper hot sauce ?"

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
For the 12th consecutive year, Fox is the most watched cable news network !!
They beat CNN and MSNBC combined viewership numbers.

Dont you find it odd, that while FOX can claim its got the Highest CABLE news ratings in the USA, (which is still lower than the regular news on television) why dont they have ANY of the top 300 advertisers in the country buying airtime for any of their shows?

FOX news is stuck with the low end, crappy advertisers buying airtime at reduced prices.

If FOX news was soooo great, why wont FORD, GM, APPLE, SONY etc etc etc buy airtime on their cable news channel?

Why is it only drug commercials, doggie doors, hoodie footies, gold coins and other useless crap that is pitched on the highest cable news network?

Oh yeah I forgot, its not NEWS.

TOS,

moreluck

golden ticket member
Dont you find it odd, that while FOX can claim its got the Highest CABLE news ratings in the USA, (which is still lower than the regular news on television) why dont they have ANY of the top 300 advertisers in the country buying airtime for any of their shows?

FOX news is stuck with the low end, crappy advertisers buying airtime at reduced prices.

If FOX news was soooo great, why wont FORD, GM, APPLE, SONY etc etc etc buy airtime on their cable news channel?

Why is it only drug commercials, doggie doors, hoodie footies, gold coins and other useless crap that is pitched on the highest cable news network?

Oh yeah I forgot, its not NEWS.

TOS,
I don't know anyone today who still watches any advertisements........anyone with opposeable thumbs will surf to avoid ads. I don't watch any ads.........you must enjoy that crap.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Again, they thank you for watching and helping them remain #1.

Stay on topic, the issue is advertisers.. not ratings. Thats what im speaking about. Old people drugs, old people skin care, old people dentistry, old people showers, old people mobility vehicles... are the only things typically advertised on FOX news..

Gee? Now I wonder why that is? Hmmm? let me see, the only common denominator between all those things is...

OH yeah OLD PEOPLE. The most easily manipulated group of americans.

TOS.