Media Ratings

moreluck

golden ticket member
Stay on topic, the issue is advertisers.. not ratings. Thats what im speaking about. Old people drugs, old people skin care, old people dentistry, old people showers, old people mobility vehicles... are the only things typically advertised on FOX news..

Gee? Now I wonder why that is? Hmmm? let me see, the only common denominator between all those things is...

OH yeah OLD PEOPLE. The most easily manipulated group of americans.

TOS.
Old people is what you are heading to!!! Destination old!!! There's no delaying, there's no avoiding....it's like goose poop....makes for a slippery hill and your legs are like fan blades slippin' and slidin' !.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
The same old folks who have nothing better to do all day than be brainwashed by fox news, tune in all day long. Some, like those on this board say they leave on FOX news for background noise.

Its the same 2.3 million people hour after hour who need to be constantly told the same thing over and over who tune in to fox. The channel that gives them the very red meat they need to satisfy their hate for the president.

Progressives dont need cable television to guide their lives. Unfortunately, the GOP crowd does. It cant break away from the false stories on FOX news, they cant help it, they dont know any better.

No matter how false or exaggerated the story on FOX news, the faithful watch intently.

Ratings dont make stories true.

If you look at the demographics of the fox news watcher, you will find that they are WHITE, OLD, mostly retired.

In other words, OLD PEOPLE. Sean Hannity's best demographic is ages 45 to 65 year old white men.

The GOP has nothing left to bank on other than the OLD WHITE person.

Sorry, but you folks are just too old to understand what happened to you.

TOS.
What's wrong with old white people?
I love old white people.

bbsam

Staff member
I used to listen to a lot of right wing radio. All day, every day. And then I'd get up early in the morning (2am) and listen to more. The same people who listened to Rush listened to Art Bell. After that, it was all crystal clear. WOC radio could be entertaining, but I couldn't take the news commentary programs seriously. FOX is no different.

upsgrunt

Stay on topic, the issue is advertisers.. not ratings. Thats what im speaking about. Old people drugs, old people skin care, old people dentistry, old people showers, old people mobility vehicles... are the only things typically advertised on FOX news..

Gee? Now I wonder why that is? Hmmm? let me see, the only common denominator between all those things is...

OH yeah OLD PEOPLE. The most easily manipulated group of americans.

TOS.

I've asked this before, with no reply, but what the hell.
How old are you?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I used to listen to a lot of right wing radio. All day, every day. And then I'd get up early in the morning (2am) and listen to more. The same people who listened to Rush listened to Art Bell. After that, it was all crystal clear. WOC radio could be entertaining, but I couldn't take the news commentary programs seriously. FOX is no different.
I feel you man. Back when I was driving 6-7 hours a night for work, I would listen to 3 hours of NPR. When they switched to classical music, I'd change over to 3 hours of conservative Lars Larson. It is really entertaining, and can be addictive.

At some point I just didn't have the stomach for it anymore.... even when you know it's just entertainment, the same old tired BS from the left and right media gets really old.

JL 0513

TOS, your criticism of Fox and its viewers are amusing. This talk of being brainwashed and manipulated coming from someone who voted for the biggest con artist in history, twice no doubt.

Falling for the hopey changey utopion nonsense. You and half the country not knowing a damn thing about the guy because your media essentially campaigned for him.

He never held a real job in his life yet you were tricked into thinking he could govern the country.

I wish more people would desire to be informed and watched some alternative media. Maybe this county wouldn't be spinning down the drain. They would've known that the destruction of our health care system was about to take place if Obama was elected. They would have known how radical this guy is.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
They would've known that the destruction of our health care system was about to take place if Obama was elected.
It could be argued that destruction is the greatest form of creation. In this case, he's destroying something that was already broken, it's kind of funny if you think about it (laugh or cry you choose for yourself).

Our healthcare system will most likely always be broken no matter who is in office, it has been since the government got involved in the 60's. The major players in the game don't run for office, they pull the strings from behind the curtain. I know atleast one person here who would say the system isn't necessarily broken at all, it was built to be this way all along:wink2:....

moreluck

golden ticket member
Feel good story of the day.

Via Breitbart:

. . .MSNBC just had its worst three month stretch in nearly 7 years. For Q3 2014, MSNBC is down double digits in total day and primetime viewership. Among total day, A25-54 demo viewers, MSNBC placed fourth, behind FNC, CNN and HLN. In primetime, among total viewers MSNBC was second behind Fox News and ahead of CNN and HLN.

In the all-important, advertiser-coveted 25-54 demo, Rachel Maddow, Chris Hayes, and Lawrence O’Donnell posted their worst showings… ever.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Even better, the network’s most shrill and condescending host, Rachel Maddow, had her worst quarter ever.

Via NY Times:

Rachel Maddow, the biggest star on the MSNBC cable network, just posted her lowest quarterly ratings results ever.

“Morning Joe,” MSNBC’s signature morning program, scored its second-lowest quarterly ratings, reaching an average of just 87,000 viewers in the key news demographic group.

And “Ronan Farrow Daily,” the network’s heavily promoted new afternoon show, which stars a 26-year-old Rhodes Scholar with a high-profile Hollywood lineage, has been largely a dud.

Though it has mostly happened quietly, which may be a comment on the cable network’s larger status in the media landscape, MSNBC has seen its ratings hit one of the deepest skids in its history, with the recently completed third quarter of 2014 generating some record lows.

Phil Griffin, the president of MSNBC, acknowledged that his network had been struggling, but put it in the context of the overall drop in cable news. “This has been a tough year all around,” he said. “All three cable news channels are drawing a smaller combined audience than they were five years ago.” He also emphasized that despite the plunge that caused it to trail CNN in the last quarter, the network remained ahead of CNN for the full year.