Medical BILL NOt covered

I just got a 2500$ medical bill today

"This claim is not payable because our records show your health plan coverage ended before you received these services. Your claim will not be considered unless your employer shows that your coverage was in effect at the time services were rendered. You are responsible for this amount."

i was only covered until the end of 09.. and now im not?

anyone have any idea how i fix this mess?

i'm still an offical employee as a part timer.

i never had any problems before with my insurance and covering my bills.

over9five

Staff member
Did you take any time off? I think you have to work a certain amount of hours to stay eligible. I know some of our FT drivers who like to take a lot of days off now have to be a little careful.

UPSGUY72

I just got a 2500$ medical bill today

"This claim is not payable because our records show your health plan coverage ended before you received these services. Your claim will not be considered unless your employer shows that your coverage was in effect at the time services were rendered. You are responsible for this amount."

i was only covered until the end of 09.. and now im not?

anyone have any idea how i fix this mess?

i'm still an offical employee as a part timer.

i never had any problems before with my insurance and covering my bills.

Your still a PT employee but your medical cover ended dec??????? We need a little more info. Nothing like getting half the story and trying to give a reasonable explanation or advise.

I was sick during the month of december but I only took 4 days off... Was I suppose to sign or up date something with insurance for the new year that i overlooked?

Thats the whole story I have no idea??? i'm really lost.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

My first call would be to HR. They will be able to tell you what your status is and, as Over said, if you worked enough hours in 2009 to continue your benefits in 2010. If HR confirms what the hospital said, you can (usually) set up a payment plan with the hospital/medical provider and, in some cases, they will work with you by reducing the bill. I hope that this was simply a clerical error on UPS's part and that the bill will be taken care of.

Thank you... It's just ODD I have been working there for 4 years, never had any problems, now after the new year im not covered. My insurance covered the exact same stuff in 2009 as i got done in 2010... I emailed the HR rep to see what he says about all this..

UPSGUY72

Thank you... It's just ODD I have been working there for 4 years, never had any problems, now after the new year im not covered. My insurance covered the exact same stuff in 2009 as i got done in 2010... I emailed the HR rep to see what he says about all this..

Might it be that you didn't fill out the yearly medical information update form they send out each year???? I know that happen once to me when my wife didn't send the form in by the end of the year. It can't be the hours they would have notfied you your insurance was going to get cancelled. Like Upstate said call your HR person or better yet the plan administrator office. Shuld only be a paper work issue you need to fill out.

Do they have these forms on the upsers site?

I sort of have a feeling it could be related to some type of paper work something i need to update or sign or whatever.. lets hope.
thank you

UPSGUY72

Do they have these forms on the upsers site?

I sort of have a feeling it could be related to some type of paper work something i need to update or sign or whatever.. lets hope.
thank you

No they send them out to you it through your plan administrator you might be able to do it over the phone if nothing has changed or they will send you the form. Once you fill it out they will pay the bill.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Ive had the same thing happen, dont fret it will just take an hour of your time on the phone to get it covered.
I needed a tooth fixed and my center manager took care of it. The denial said I hadnt worked at UPS long enough. I think I had twenty in when it happened but now with hippa you cant have hr do it. But HR can get you the verification you need.

iowa boy

Did the company switch you from BCBS to Aetna? Part-timers in certain states had their medical insurance change companies the first of the year, this is why I'm asking.

I was never told about any major changes..

I currently have aetna ppo and always had that in my 4 years at UPS..

it seems I'll have to wait until monday to see what aetna and my HR says about all this...

something just dont seem right about all this, make no sense.

At the beginning of the month I will occasionally get a medical bill back unpaid by insurance because UPS is late sending in the premiums to the administrator. Wife calls the doctor to resubmit the claim. Prolem solved. For that month anyway.

iowa boy

weird things is, Dental plan is good for 2010, but not medical... no idea why

BlackJack, Have you talked to any of the other part-timers you work with to see if their insurance changed? It just sounds to me like UPS changed your insurance from one company to another, and you didn't get any notification. I would suggest you call the 800 number for HR on Monday and ask them what insurance you should have. Like I said in my earlier post, UPS moved a lot of part-timers from one medical insurance company to another.

Just make sure you follow through and find out because one way or another, you are ultimately responsible for this medical bill if you dont get the insurance figured out.