Medical insurance out of local area upon retirement

creekwalker

I am looking to retire and relocate from mo to tx but no insurance plans available. Has anyone moved from one state to another that insurance was not available?? Local union hall just said had not had that happen before,all were medicare age.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I am looking to retire and relocate from mo to tx but no insurance plans available. Has anyone moved from one state to another that insurance was not available?? Local union hall just said had not had that happen before,all were medicare age.

I would think I carry the insurance through my local no matter where I live when retired. I could be wrong.

creekwalker

Yes, but only pays 40% instead of normal 80%. Teamstar can't be used in TX according to website and local union. Only other option is the basic and the most they pay is $20, the rest is your responsibility. Looks like a union this size would offer something that is good in any state. Just discouraged waited 38 years now have 1/4 of pension to outside insurance- no group rate.

tommysts

Hi I moved from Colorado to Texas, and haven't had any problems seeing a doctor, or being admitted to a hospital. The only problem we have had is, our insurance being raised from $600 a year to $6000 year. I realize some people pay much more than that, but it sure was a shocker when your already retired.

downtime8763

When I retired I asked the same question,but was told (and looked on paperwork to verify ) the we at my center had changed a few years ago to company insurance could go anywhere and use the best plane for that area.