Medical marijuana growers join Teamsters union

Babagounj

Strength through joy
The Teamsters added nearly 40 new members earlier this month by organizing the country's first group of unionized marijuana growers. Such an arrangement is likely only possible in California, which has the nation's loosest medical marijuana laws.
But it's still unclear how the Teamsters will safeguard the rights of members who do work that's considered a federal crime.​

Their newly negotiated two-year contract provides them with a pension, paid vacation and health insurance. Their current wages of $18 per hour will increase to $25.75 an hour within 15 months

badpal

The Teamsters added nearly 40 new members earlier this month by organizing the country's first group of unionized marijuana growers. Such an arrangement is likely only possible in California, which has the nation's loosest medical marijuana laws.

But it's still unclear how the Teamsters will safeguard the rights of members who do work that's considered a federal crime.

Their newly negotiated two-year contract provides them with a pension, paid vacation and health insurance. Their current wages of $18 per hour will increase to $25.75 an hour within 15 months
Now thats one union meeting i may attend. :happy2:

diesel96

Hey, mannnnn........<long pause>.................uhhhhh what were we talking about ?...........uhm Teamsters..... Oh yeah, extra vending machines man....geez, why am I so Gungry all the time.....

Big Babooba

I've just been hired on as a medical marijuana quality control tester to supplement my other job as a Hostess Snack Cakes delivery driver. I didn't think that I could handle all the hours, but the jobs compliment each other. It's a match made in Heaven! Only bad part is that I now weigh over 400 lbs.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Now the price of California Cannabis will just go up with these expensive Teamster pot planters. I predict the greedy growers will just farm out these high paying jobs to a third world country and there will be even more job losses because of this. Soon the qaulity of the reefer will go down and a cheaper version will eventually wind up on your local Walmart shelves.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
That dirtweed they grow down in California doesnt even begin to compare to the primo buds that are grown here in Oregon.

JonFrum

Somebody warn these guys, if they post on Browncafe, Upstate does not like to be called "Dude."

Especially if they pronounced it Dooooooooooooooooooood!!!

iowa boy

Now at least the union heads will have a good excuse as to why they do some of the crazy stuff they do!

The same context can be used with regards to some of the decisions made by management, (local, regional, and corporate,) within this company.

iowa boy

The Teamsters added nearly 40 new members earlier this month by organizing the country's first group of unionized marijuana growers. Such an arrangement is likely only possible in California, which has the nation's loosest medical marijuana laws.​

But it's still unclear how the Teamsters will safeguard the rights of members who do work that's considered a federal crime.​

And how the hell do they get a $7.75 raise in a span of 15 months?:pouting: You don't suppose someone was bribed with the goods, do ya?:bloodshot: