Medicare

moreluck

golden ticket member
As some are rapidly approaching the Medicare age.......any advice out there as to what to prepare for?

I was told to allow a couple months to research everything ,so I could choose wisely. I will start serious research after the first of the holidays. Have allowed myself 4 months.

CaliforniaPaul

If you are taking prescriptions through the UPS plan make sure you have a month or two for the conversion to Medicare part D. I almost ran out during the process even though I didn't change companys (Medco).

moreluck

golden ticket member
Hubby has checked all the info. and choices and has a hint to help. Just because a cost is higher, that doesn't necessarily mean the plan is better.

He said the prescriptions you personally take have to be figured in and that's different for everybody. The game is called "avoiding the donut hole". Getting some of your drugs from elsewhere like Canada or Mex. can buy more time in the year to not reach that hole.

He's finding out that his buddies on the golf course who have been on medicare for a few years have no idea what they have. Most have retired with their company's coverage.

At least if you make a mistake and pick the wrong coverage..........you can change it in one year.

We chose the medi-gap (friend) plan .

moreluck

golden ticket member
MEDICARE

Look clearly at the 2014 rate compared to the 2013 rate.

For those of you who are on Medicare, read the following. It's short, but
important and you probably haven't heard about it in the Mainstream News:

"The per person Medicare Insurance Premium will increase from the present
Monthly Fee of
$96.40, rising to:

$104.20 in 2012

$120.20 in 2013

And

$247.00 in 2014."

These are Provisions incorporated in the Obamacare Legislation, purposely
delayed so as not to confuse the 2012 Re-Election Campaigns. Send this to
all Seniors that you know, so they will know who's throwing them under the
bus.

Peggy Riehle
Internal Representative
Network Contracting

205-220-6778 205-220-6778

klein

Für Meno :)
That's why you need to vote for Romney !
He will abolish medicare and give you a $200 voucher per year, maybe even per month, instead.

Then you can seek out your own private insurance company.
I'ld like to see how much a 70 yr old pays in medical insurance privately.

Could it really be less then $247 mth ?
Good luck !

moreluck

golden ticket member
That's why you need to vote for Romney !
He will abolish medicare and give you a $200 voucher per year, maybe even per month, instead.

Then you can seek out your own private insurance company.
I'ld like to see how much a 70 yr old pays in medical insurance privately.

Could it really be less then $247 mth ?
Good luck !
This is where you are never paying attention. I've mentioned many times that the private medical ins. is about $770 per month per person. We actually paid that times 2 .....now,just for one person.

Romney is not abolishing Medicare (where's your proof for that?) put the beer down and stop your raving..........................He wants to repeal Obamacare (big difference) and get a better Health Reform that doesn't sink the country in debt!! About 60% of the people here want Obamacare repealed too.

You just make stuff up and then type it. Go back to your iced down beers!

klein

Here it is, and just don't get severly sick, or you won't have a house to live under or even to give away to your children once you pass away :

President Obama illustrated the importance he is placing on Medicare when, in a slap at Mr. Romney, he vowed this month: “I will never allow Medicare to be turned into a voucher that would end the program as we know it. We’re not going to go back to the days when our citizens spent their golden years at the mercy of private insurance companies.”

Mr. Romney, who would limit the government’s current open-ended financial commitment to Medicare, contends that Mr. Obama has no workable plan to prevent Medicare from going bankrupt. Under the Romney proposal, the government would contribute a fixed amount of money on behalf of each beneficiary, and future beneficiaries could use the money to buy private insurance or to help pay for traditional Medicare.

(google or yahoo "Romney Medicare" for more info) !!!!

moreluck

golden ticket member
Here it is, and just don't get severly sick, or you won't have a house to live under or even to give away to your children once you pass away :

President Obama illustrated the importance he is placing on Medicare when, in a slap at Mr. Romney, he vowed this month: “I will never allow Medicare to be turned into a voucher that would end the program as we know it. We’re not going to go back to the days when our citizens spent their golden years at the mercy of private insurance companies.”

Mr. Romney, who would limit the government’s current open-ended financial commitment to Medicare, contends that Mr. Obama has no workable plan to prevent Medicare from going bankrupt. Under the Romney proposal, the government would contribute a fixed amount of money on behalf of each beneficiary, and future beneficiaries could use the money to buy private insurance or to help pay for traditional Medicare.

(google or yahoo "Romney Medicare" for more info) !!!!

Do you even see what you post??? "Obama has no workable plan to prevent Medicare from going bankrupt."

So, Obama is OK with Medicare going bankrupt......and you're bitching about Romney?

klein

Do you even see what you post??? "Obama has no workable plan to prevent Medicare from going bankrupt."

So, Obama is OK with Medicare going bankrupt......and you're bitching about Romney?

No, you're the one bitching to pay an extra $100 per month to keep it alive.
But you rather pay an extra $2000 per month to have none (or Romney plan).

moreluck

golden ticket member
No, you're the one bitching to pay an extra $100 per month to keep it alive.
But you rather pay an extra $2000 per month to have none (or Romney plan).
Repealing Obamacare doesn't mean Not having any health plan !!! It's so hard to get a point across to a drunk, so I give up.