Meet points?

kingOFchester

saw this another thread. What is meet points. How do you put that in DIAD. Does that change anything. If I meet with another driver do I put that in? If I meet with a bulk truck to get 1/2 my work does that go in? THX

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
When loading my package car every morning I use code P60 under other work. I believe it is coded as load time-skilled. If I must meet another driver for more parcels any time spent loading is coded as the same.

kingOFchester

Thanks, So i go out with 100 stops on truck. 12:45 I am empty, drive to meet Sup with the rest of my work at 13:00. Load truck until 13:15, do I put the entire 30 minutes in as load time? Does this time not count towards my dispatch? meaning I run .25 over dispatch, had I put in the 15 minutes load time during meet, i would of only been .10 clicks over?

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
In my center we don't even worry about that. I never put in any meet time or anything like that. If you instruct me to help someone else, then you should expect that there will be some "dead time" in my day

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Where I am at, we dont worry about how to "code out" time like that. Its simply part of your on-road time. If the bean-counters dont like how the numbers look, they are free to do whatever timecard editing they want in order to make those numbers look better.

We also file grievances when supervisors bring packages out to us unless they have an hourly riding with them and earning driver pay.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Thanks, So i go out with 100 stops on truck. 12:45 I am empty, drive to meet Sup with the rest of my work at 13:00. Load truck until 13:15, do I put the entire 30 minutes in as load time? Does this time not count towards my dispatch? meaning I run .25 over dispatch, had I put in the 15 minutes load time during meet, i would of only been .10 clicks over?
Your drive time to and from meet point is not to be included in load time. In my center only time actually loading parcels is to be coded out as other work. Any time coded out as other work doesn't count towards your over/under. You are paid by the hour, don't stress out about their numbers.

satellitedriver

When loading my package car every morning I use code P60 under other work. I believe it is coded as load time-skilled. If I must meet another driver for more parcels any time spent loading is coded as the same.
I also load my truck under "Other Work" and I use the code S on the second screen for skilled.
This adds no time allowance, but it does take that time spent out of the over/under time allowance for the delivery load.
In the old days before EDD, I was given a time allowance for loading my car that went into my planned day.
Basically, it was the same as if I made a pickup with that number of pkgs.
The time study geek for PAS/EDD did not know what a satellite center was so he just eliminated any time allowance for loading.
It took my center team a year and a half to figure out why I went from a 20yr under allowed driver to an 1hour over allowed driver.

packageguy

i just send a message through diad, and tell them i am at
meet point. And if a supervisors pulls up, I say thank you
here is your grievence.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Your drive time to and from meet point is not to be included in load time. In my center only time actually loading parcels is to be coded out as other work. Any time coded out as other work doesn't count towards your over/under. You are paid by the hour, don't stress out about their numbers.
​If I have to get on the belt to help preload my time goes under sort/load time and is charged to preload.

UPSGUY72

​If I have to get on the belt to help preload my time goes under sort/load time and is charged to preload.

Any time before you enter your leave the building time is charged to the pre-load. That is why they are always trying to rush you out ofthe building in the morning or tell you to code out approved meeting time if the PCM is longer than a couple of minutes.

I get paid by the hour and could careless about there made up under / over numbers. They know what I am doing and where every minute of the day they can figure why there number aren't being met.

Last edited:

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Any time before you enter your leave the building time is charged to the pre-load. That is why they are always trying to rush you out ofthe building in the morning or tell you to code out approved meeting time if the PCM is longer than a couple of minutes.
The difference being - if I don't do it I get called on my am time. If I do do it then it is clear where the time is spent. Our drivers get red circled nearly every day for excessive am time.

DS

Fenderbender
saw this another thread. What is meet points. How do you put that in DIAD. Does that change anything. If I meet with another driver do I put that in? If I meet with a bulk truck to get 1/2 my work does that go in? THX
I have never been instructed to code it as such,but just to cover my @ss,when I get a text msg to meet at toysrus at 13:15,
I put it in as an unscheduled p/u with the address and add the comment in remarks air meet p/u 21 stops.I complete it when I leave the meetpoint.

helenofcalifornia

We have been told many many times now that there is no "unscheduled stops" now. I guess some of the drivers were putting the drop off ARS packages as unscheduled, so the whole thing was axed. Then they should take it off the DIAD then, eh?

DS

Fenderbender
We have been told many many times now that there is no "unscheduled stops" now. I guess some of the drivers were putting the drop off ARS packages as unscheduled, so the whole thing was axed. Then they should take it off the DIAD then, eh?
Again things are so different from hub to hub.We do not have EDD.or PAS .We get ARS pickups as oncalls.
We have never been told not to use unscheduled p/u.
Our oncall cutoff time is 18:30 and they come from any maroon that can operate a computer.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I have never been instructed to code it as such,but just to cover my @ss,when I get a text msg to meet at toysrus at 13:15,
I put it in as an unscheduled p/u with the address and add the comment in remarks air meet p/u 21 stops.I complete it when I leave the meetpoint.

I just do what I'm told and let the $$ meter run.

If they have any questions about where I went, they are free to come and ask me and I will be more than happy to answer them to the best of my ability. If they are in any way frustrated about the amount of time I may have spent at a certain stop, they are free to go and share those frustrations with someone who might give a sh%t.

I'm not trying to sound like a jerk, but the reality is that they know every stop that I have, they know how many packages I have, and they have sensors and GPS that show how fast I drive, where I am, and how long I'm parked there. I'm easy to find and I have nothing to hide, so it really isnt any of my concern whether they are happy about their made-up numbers or not.