Meet the New Boss

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by arice11, May 16, 2015.

1. arice11

arice11 Active Member

A change of supervisors is nothing new to my preload, seems every year or so it happens.
    Its interesting to have these SUPs approach you and ask for the dirt on your fellow employees.
    I understand a new boss needs to learn all about the ranks bellow him but I get very uncomfortable when I get these questions such as "Who has the most attendance problems?" and who has the most trouble keeping up?
    Its not my place to rat on people so I give him vague answers and very little critical information on my co-workers.

Is this something that newly assigned Supervisors do very often?
    I remember being vetted by the higher ups before, and that was not a fun experience
  2. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

I make up stuff. "Watch out for him, he's unstable", etc.
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  3. YellowSox

YellowSox Member

Just tell them "I don't know" . The sups will figure it out themselves in time.
  4. Funfact

Funfact Well-Known Member

Let them figure it out. You don't throw your union brothers under the bus not matter how much you might dislike them.
    • Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  5. RonBurgandy??????????

RonBurgandy?????????? God is Great, beer is good , People are crazy.

Stare at them intensely straight into there eyeballs and have a mean look on your face, grind your teeth together and flare your nostrils and remain silent until they walk away.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  6. jumpman23

jumpman23 Oh Yeah

Have seen many Supes come and go and have still never seen 1 that impressed me at all, or had that it factor, or ROCKSTAR MENTALITY to get things done properly, differently "OUTSIDE THE BOX THINKING" and correctly. Basically what im saying is, none of them had that TRUE LEADER feel, that you actually had faith n them to steer the ship in the right direction and actually cared about his crew with compassion and wanting his crew to be sucessful. Not everybody is born to be a true leader, just the way it is, alot of people are simply content with MEDIOCRITY AND FAILURE.
  7. BrownDog5117

BrownDog5117 Member

• Like x 6
    • Funny x 2
    • Winner x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • List
  8. clean hairy

clean hairy Well-Known Member

When that has happened to me, I tell the new Sup "I have heard about you, but only form an opinion about others once I get to know them"
    "I am not basing anything about based on what others say, but by firsthand interaction with you."
  9. jibbs

jibbs Long Live the Chief

I just tried doing that just in front of my computer and felt :censored2:ing ridiculous, man. I don't think that'll work.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • List
  10. box_beeyotch

box_beeyotch Well-Known Member

It's just like when you're talking to the police. You have the right to remain silent, plead the fifth. If there's one thing any decent human being cant stand, it's a fxcking eat!!!
  11. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

See if they want to grab a cone at Dairy Queen.
    • Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  12. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

Oh no, What you call me?
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  13. A true leader doesn't dig for dirt day 1 anyways
    • Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  14. What an idiot. That's not how you start off new with a group of people. Already off on a bad foot.
  15. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

Sups are low on the totem pole so usually make a quiet entrance. It is the center manager's and above who come in with the attitude of kicking butt and making changes in an attempt to look good for their bosses.
  16. olroadbeech

olroadbeech Happy Verified UPSer

first of all why are they asking you?

secondly . tell them to" go to hell. I don't :censored2:ing rat!"

idiot. find out on your own.
  17. Richard Harrow

Richard Harrow Would you pay a dime to see this?

Request your shop steward. They'll walk away.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  18. MendozaJ

MendozaJ Active Member

You're over thinking this way too much. It's a simple, "I don't know."
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  19. RonBurgandy??????????

RonBurgandy?????????? God is Great, beer is good , People are crazy.

Yep. Exactly.