Meet the New Boss

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Well another supervisor is going away.
Which is unfortunate since I've liked my old boss. He was the type of SUP who had our backs and was very no-nonsense, at times harsh but a great leader.
He was also the one who introduced me to DQ Girl and likely tried to get info on me from her. Which is reasonable, guys are likely to spill the beans when asked by a bomb-shell blond. hahaha
But I digress. This new boss is a bit intimidating and I've heard other employees say he use to manage preload a long time ago and frequently adjusted employee hours to fix numbers.
This is a scary thought, but 25 year veterans have assured me that business will carry on as usual.
When a new manager starts up, should I re-submit my driving applications?
Working for free isn't fun, IDK why my co-workers are allowed to clock in an hour earlier than their start time.
But I digress. Today was the first day the new boss was in charge, so I waltzed into the management office and grabbed a safety meeting paper to present to the crew.
Boss got to watch, just like the one before. You have to make an impression, show them who and what you are immediately. Even if my crew doesn't care, its the top brass that needs to see what I'm capable of.
Now if only I can convince them to let me start an hour early like the guy who I have one year seniority on.
UPS must love employees who work for free. I don't want something bad to happen to my irreg crew, but if it does and we're not technically on-the-clock, what crazy repercussions might ensue. I doubt any of the three of us who come in earlier than the rest would even report an injury.
I've worked with a bruised toe, busted nose, dislocated finger and black-eyes. Nothing seems to stop me!

Ummmmm can somebody explain to me what the hell this person just said??

I feel dumber for reading this.

To the OP, ups offers EAP...ussssssssse iiiiiiit!!!!!!!!!

Dr.Brownz

Wo
Now if only I can convince them to let me start an hour early like the guy who I have one year seniority on.

Go to who ever runs your area, tell them you want the extra work from the lower seniority employees! If they say no you tell them grievance will be filled, go to your steward and say you want to file on this. LEAVE ALL EMOTION OUT OF IT. IT"S BUSINESS!!!!

arice11

Go to who ever runs your area, tell them you want the extra work from the lower seniority employees! If they say no you tell them grievance will be filled, go to your steward and say you want to file on this. LEAVE ALL EMOTION OUT OF IT. IT"S BUSINESS!!!!

thank you Dr. Brownz, glad someone was helpful

arice11

no its true, I decided to go in at 2am to see (our start time is 3.15am) and he was already there working, and by the look of it, he had already been there a good 15 minutes.
I know I have more seniority and if he is being allowed to show up, clock in and work a whole hour plus before his scheduled start time then IDK wtf UPS is doing

arice11

What did you do between 2:00 and 3:15?
I worked with them unloading the irregs and over-70lbs then taking them to their respective belts. While one SPAs and puts labels on, my co-worker is lifting a majority of those over-70lbs by himself and I would rather help him then just sit back and be a jerk about it.
Quite a paradox as I want to be the one who's allowed to clock in and work whenever I want to show up. But its UPS so seniority and safety is thrown out the window as long as it helps the managers numbers.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
"But its UPS so seniority and safety is thrown out the window as long as it helps the managers numbers".

You may not understand this, but working safely is YOUR responsibility!

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
My curse returns!
She was spying on me on the Building SUPs orders most likely, so a slight relevance to this thread.
And anyway I always thought it was a quaint but cool place to take someone out for a treat.
Y'all make it seem like I have no imagination on the matter, but sometimes I find the simple the sugar and the chocolate can be a fantastic way to meet someone.
Not that it was legitimate in the end, just a good idea.

Well another supervisor is going away.
Which is unfortunate since I've liked my old boss. He was the type of SUP who had our backs and was very no-nonsense, at times harsh but a great leader.
He was also the one who introduced me to DQ Girl and likely tried to get info on me from her. Which is reasonable, guys are likely to spill the beans when asked by a bomb-shell blond. hahaha
But I digress. This new boss is a bit intimidating and I've heard other employees say he use to manage preload a long time ago and frequently adjusted employee hours to fix numbers.
This is a scary thought, but 25 year veterans have assured me that business will carry on as usual.
When a new manager starts up, should I re-submit my driving applications?

WTF????

Who spied on who??

Working for free isn't fun, IDK why my co-workers are allowed to clock in an hour earlier than their start time.
But I digress. Today was the first day the new boss was in charge, so I waltzed into the management office and grabbed a safety meeting paper to present to the crew.
Boss got to watch, just like the one before. You have to make an impression, show them who and what you are immediately. Even if my crew doesn't care, its the top brass that needs to see what I'm capable of.
UPS must love employees who work for free. I don't want something bad to happen to my irreg crew, but if it does and we're not technically on-the-clock, what crazy repercussions might ensue. I doubt any of the three of us who come in earlier than the rest would even report an injury.
I've worked with a bruised toe, busted nose, dislocated finger and black-eyes. Nothing seems to stop me!

Now you are supervision with your own crew?

The only thing worse than a troll is a stupid troll.

Last edited:

By The Book

"But its UPS so seniority and safety is thrown out the window as long as it helps the managers numbers".

You may not understand this, but working safely is YOUR responsibility!
I think Arice's comment on safety is thrown out the window is referring to the coworker lifting those over 70's by himself., to meet the managers numbers.

arice11

I'm not trying to be confusing or stupid, just stating the facts as they are...so many haters on the prowl just cause their comfort zone seems jarred by my outrageous statements. Some people are o.k with with working before their scheduled time, and I guess so are the managers of UPS. I'm sure they love my co-workers willingness to be the guy who technically works for free. Corruption loves ambition, apparently.

I'm not trying to be confusing or stupid, just stating the facts as they are...so many haters on the prowl just cause their comfort zone seems jarred by my outrageous statements. Some people are o.k with with working before their scheduled time, and I guess so are the managers of UPS. I'm sure they love my co-workers willingness to be the guy who technically works for free. Corruption loves ambition, apparently.
Clock in..clock out... Donate to church.

arice11

WTF????

Who spied on who??

Now you are supervision with your own crew?

The only thing worse than a troll is a stupid troll.
I guess that is a strange sort of logic to follow, but I remember very clearly how my old supervisor searched for her and paired her up with me within the first couple days of him being manager. Then after we had delicious desert, he came to me with a sort of review that matched up with most of the words she used to describe me during said date...I mean word for word, as if she had reported directly to him. That's why I believe his curiosity of me was what prompted her to ask me out in the first place,
you dig?

PT Car Washer

I start whenever I feel like starting. Within reason. The boss never knows because I get called in at all different times. Usually "how soon can you get here?". I never cheat on time but I do get paid for every minute I work. Including changing clothes and washing up. And washing the truck and checking the oil. That could be an extra hour.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I start whenever I feel like starting. Within reason. The boss never knows because I get called in at all different times. Usually "how soon can you get here?". I never cheat on time but I do get paid for every minute I work. Including changing clothes and washing up. And washing the truck and checking the oil. That could be an extra hour.

You wash the truck before you go on-road?

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I guess that is a strange sort of logic to follow, but I remember very clearly how my old supervisor searched for her and paired her up with me within the first couple days of him being manager. Then after we had delicious desert, he came to me with a sort of review that matched up with most of the words she used to describe me during said date...I mean word for word, as if she had reported directly to him. That's why I believe his curiosity of me was what prompted her to ask me out in the first place,
you dig?

I was right, stupid troll.