Members of Local 396, I urge you to vote NO on this proposal!

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Our package drivers and feeder drivers are a majority NO vote. There are those that will vote yes, as long as the local hands them a jacket, a briefcase or a hat! Our part timers have to understand what is at stake for them in this contract.

Spread the word. VOTE NO.

Peace

TOS

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
“The worst crime against working people is a company which fails to operate at a profit”

​ Samuel G Founder of AFL-CIO
So what your saying, if we don't give in to this concessionary contract, then we will cause UPS to be what? Bankrupt?
UPS can and should do alot better for it's employees. I can not believe that every single local that represents UPS teamsters recommended for us to accept this TA. It's crap. It does have some raises, and benefit increases, but the rest is all give aways on the part of present UPS teamsters or future UPS teamsters.

anonymous4

“The worst crime against working people is a company which fails to operate at a profit”

​ Samuel G Founder of AFL-CIO

Thankfully UPS doesn't have such a terrible problem. Shills on this forum with substantial post counts trying to pawn turd as diamond.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Members of 396, if this couldnt get any worse, it did. If you read the National Master agreement on the Western Conference "obligations" on health care, you will find that the western conference has until november1st to complete its evaluation for health care, or we GET DUMPED INTO CENTRAL STATES.

Further, and most important, IT DOES NOT SAY THAT THE WEST HAS TO MATCH OUR CURRENT BENEFITS!!!! The WEST only has to "equal or exceed coverage offered by the central states plan"..... IT SAYS NOTHING about matching our current benefits!

DONT BE FOOLED by your agents, or even R. H himself.

READ, READ, READ...... understand what the language says.

VOTE NO!

Peace

TOS

brostalss

If I don't see something ironclad when it comes time to vote, I'm voting NO. I'm not going to vote yes on an unknown. I will accept nothing less than Blue Cross or better.

FEGuy

If I don't see something ironclad when it comes time to vote, I'm voting NO. I'm not going to vote yes on an unknown. I will accept nothing less than Blue Cross or better.

Hmm. Well, you will accept whatever is written if this contract is approved. We've enjoyed "cadillac coverage" for a long time. Welcome to the "real" rest of the world.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Hmm. Well, you will accept whatever is written if this contract is approved. We've enjoyed "cadillac coverage" for a long time. Welcome to the "real" rest of the world.

With your logic, then UPS should eliminate healthcare for us. We can be just like Wal-mart. Wouldn't that be a real "Welcome to the real world"?

undies

Members of 396, if this couldnt get any worse, it did. If you read the National Master agreement on the Western Conference "obligations" on health care, you will find that the western conference has until november1st to complete its evaluation for health care, or we GET DUMPED INTO CENTRAL STATES.

Further, and most important, IT DOES NOT SAY THAT THE WEST HAS TO MATCH OUR CURRENT BENEFITS!!!! The WEST only has to "equal or exceed coverage offered by the central states plan"..... IT SAYS NOTHING about matching our current benefits!

DONT BE FOOLED by your agents, or even R. H himself.

READ, READ, READ...... understand what the language says.

VOTE NO!

Peace

TOS

Where can I find the Western Conference Language? Thanks!

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll

I posted the actual language, but the MODS didnt post it for me. Sorry.

You have to view the language regarding the WESTERN CONFERENCE in the Memoradum of Understanding at the rear of the contract. There are TWO to pay attention to.

ONE addresses the health insurance for west specifically, and the other addresses the C.S. H&W and their ability to CHANGE BENEFITS at any time.

Peace

TOS

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
For our PART TIMERS in 396, READ THIS VERY CAREFULLY.... what do you think this means???

Memorandum of Understanding

[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]Teamster United Parcel Service Negotiating Committee (Union) and United Parcel Service, Inc. agree that it was their mutual intent that if a part-time employee completes his assigned duties and leaves work in less than three-and-one-half hours he shall be considered to have forfeited the right to his daily three-and-one-half hour guarantee. This shall not affect an employee’s right to a minimum three (3) hour daily guarantee.

Peace

TOS

[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][/FONT][/FONT]

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Lets try this again....

This is IMPORTANT language in the Memorandum of Understanding section relating to health care in the CS H&W
- 43 - Memorandum of Understanding

United Parcel Service Inc. (UPS) and the Teamsters UPS National Negotiating Committee (Union) provide the following in order to detail the benefits available through Central States Health & Welfare plan. Nothing within this Memorandum of Understanding shall affect the Central States Health & Welfare Trustee’s right to modify benefit levels.

Peace- vote no!

TOS

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll

For the western conference explanation of what "THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO CREATE" read this....

United Parcel Service, Inc (UPS) and the Teamsters UPS National Negotiating Committee (Union) agree to the following in connection with Article 34 of the 2013-2018 National Master Agreement:
In recognition of the request from the Western Conference Negotiating Committee and Local Union 177 to evaluate and prepare a proposal to provide medical coverage for employees within their jurisdiction rather than having them transition to the Central States Health & Welfare Plan (CS H& W), the parties agree that any such proposal will be considered by the parties if presented before November 1, 2013. Any such plan must provide benefits equal or superior to those provided by the CS H &W Fund for a contribution rate that does not exceed that paid to CS H&W Fund. The proposal shall be subject to approval of the Co-Chairs of the Joint Negotiating Committee.

browned_out

For the western conference explanation of what "THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO CREATE" read this....

United Parcel Service, Inc (UPS) and the Teamsters UPS National Negotiating Committee (Union) agree to the following in connection with Article 34 of the 2013-2018 National Master Agreement:
In recognition of the request from the Western Conference Negotiating Committee and Local Union 177 to evaluate and prepare a proposal to provide medical coverage for employees within their jurisdiction rather than having them transition to the Central States Health & Welfare Plan (CS H& W), the parties agree that any such proposal will be considered by the parties if presented before November 1, 2013. Any such plan must provide benefits equal or superior to those provided by the CS H &W Fund for a contribution rate that does not exceed that paid to CS H&W Fund. The proposal shall be subject to approval of the Co-Chairs of the Joint Negotiating Committee.

Just recieved a text from my steward, I am in the western conference. Then text states that we are going into the central states h/w plan, some low lights in the text.

We are no longer going to be able to retire under 55 with medical

When retiered no child coverage

At 65 no more supplement to cover costs that medicare won't cover

If you die your spouse will only get medical benefits for 3 years then they stop

I cannot verify this info right now, but will be making some calls to the BA today. These give backs might seem small to some, but for those of us in the western conference who are close to retirement (peer 80) or those who have retiered, this is not good.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Just recieved a text from my steward, I am in the western conference. Then text states that we are going into the central states h/w plan, some low lights in the text.

We are no longer going to be able to retire under 55 with medical

When retiered no child coverage

At 65 no more supplement to cover costs that medicare won't cover

If you die your spouse will only get medical benefits for 3 years then they stop

I cannot verify this info right now, but will be making some calls to the BA today. These give backs might seem small to some, but for those of us in the western conference who are close to retirement (peer 80) or those who have retiered, this is not good.

You are correct. The agents in the west are just begining to deceminate this information as an attempt to "soften" the blowback from the membership. The ULTIMATE goal for the west was to give the "impression" that they were fighting for the membership, delaying dumping us into the central states, and then in november, come to us and say:

"well, we tried hard to find a workable plan, but we were unable to find an affordable plan, so we are going to transition you into the central states plan"...

If you read the segment I posted in the memorandum of understanding, it CLEARLY states what the west was to accomplish. This CONFLICTS with what the agents and local officers "initially" said when the TA was announced.

1) Locals said "your benefits will stay the same, nothing will change. ( truth ) we will lose our Blue Shield PPO coverage on december 31st 2013 and in its place, we will be covered by an inferior insurance plan to what we had.

(the reason?) The MOU states that the west "NEED ONLY" meet or exceed the coverage provided by the C6 schedule of the CSH&W and it DOES NOT STATE that they must MEET or MATCH our current Blue Shield PPO benefits. This is a FACT. It also states that the west CANNOT spend more money than is allocated to the central states, so, in other words, even if they could MATCH our current benefits, THEY CANT spend the money to do so if its more expensive.

Lastly, although the locals are telling everyone that they have it all figured out, its not true. Whatever they propose, it has to be submitted to the negotiating committee long before WE ever see or hear about it.

I urge a NO VOTE on this proposal on this aspect of the contract ALONE.

The real question is "WHAT CAUSED THE TEAMSTERS TO ATTEMPT THIS CHANGE IN THE FIRST PLACE?"

Peace

TOS

browned_out

You are correct. The agents in the west are just begining to deceminate this information as an attempt to "soften" the blowback from the membership. The ULTIMATE goal for the west was to give the "impression" that they were fighting for the membership, delaying dumping us into the central states, and then in november, come to us and say:

"well, we tried hard to find a workable plan, but we were unable to find an affordable plan, so we are going to transition you into the central states plan"...

If you read the segment I posted in the memorandum of understanding, it CLEARLY states what the west was to accomplish. This CONFLICTS with what the agents and local officers "initially" said when the TA was announced.

1) Locals said "your benefits will stay the same, nothing will change. ( truth ) we will lose our Blue Shield PPO coverage on december 31st 2013 and in its place, we will be covered by an inferior insurance plan to what we had.

(the reason?) The MOU states that the west "NEED ONLY" meet or exceed the coverage provided by the C6 schedule of the CSH&W and it DOES NOT STATE that they must MEET or MATCH our current Blue Shield PPO benefits. This is a FACT. It also states that the west CANNOT spend more money than is allocated to the central states, so, in other words, even if they could MATCH our current benefits, THEY CANT spend the money to do so if its more expensive.

Lastly, although the locals are telling everyone that they have it all figured out, its not true. Whatever they propose, it has to be submitted to the negotiating committee long before WE ever see or hear about it.

I urge a NO VOTE on this proposal on this aspect of the contract ALONE.

The real question is "WHAT CAUSED THE TEAMSTERS TO ATTEMPT THIS CHANGE IN THE FIRST PLACE?"

Peace

TOS

TOS, do you know when we will see the southwest rider? Also, will we vote on both or just the master TA?

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
TOS, do you know when we will see the southwest rider? Also, will we vote on both or just the master TA?

I inquired about the Southwest package rider today, and I was told my my executive officers of my local that it would be released shortly. It was unclear why it was being held up, but my guess is that there are also concessions in there too. Watch out for the loss of addendum 2 on discipline.

That would be the largest concession in the west next to the health care disaster we are currently watching unravel before our very eyes.

Peace

TOS

undies

It scares me to hear how many fellow employees don't know anything about this new TA and even more so that there are some that think it's ok to concede our benefits!