Memorable PCM's

Limper

Out For Delivery
The "Partners" seem to be mocking us a bit with their "Interesting Call-ins" thread. So I thought starting a thread about their PCM performance over the years is a little pay-back. Any emotional melt-downs? Any punches thrown? Any Hitler-like rants? Post 'em here......we want to know. The worst PCM moments of all time.

S

serenity now

just the standard rant * you losers are the worst in the district * now go out there and give me your best

Returntosender

"Sup" Do as I say, not as I do. "Sup" You guys are going to kill me. " employees "How ? "Sup" you guys give me high blood pressure. "employee smart @ss"maybe you have blood pressure cause of your diet? "

Leftinbuilding

Two come to mind.....1) A very frustrated high seniority driver ripped off his shirt, threw it at the supervisors feet and quit on the spot. This along with some very choice words. Amazingly, the company pursued him and brought him back with an inside position.

2) A newly-hired-off-the-street BD sales lady berated the drivers for not doing their part in giving her leads. She was talking to drivers who had been busting their butts for up to 35 years. Needless to say, it didn't sit real well. To her credit, she learned fast and became very effective in BD and the drivers grew to really like her. Kind of a rough start though.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
The "Partners" seem to be mocking us a bit with their "Interesting Call-ins" thread. So I thought starting a thread about their PCM performance over the years is a little pay-back. Any emotional melt-downs? Any punches thrown? Any Hitler-like rants? Post 'em here......we want to know. The worst PCM moments of all time.

Before I was a steward, I was assigned to a nuttier-than-squirrel-**** PT supervisor that was infamous for harassing employees and being pilled out at work. She sat us down one day before the sort:

Her: "You guys need to know we're the worst area up here. Our numbers aren't good, we have to get better or I'm going to start writing you guys up. I'm not getting in trouble for you guys not doing your jobs."

Me: "But this isn't a production job. You can't do that."

Her: "Yes I can."

Me: "No, you can't."

(this went on for a while until she got pissed and walked away)

My first PT belt supervisor had a PCM and literally told the 10 or 11 other employees that me and another guy were "on his hit list and were going to be fired" for load quality and missorts. I dropped my load rate down to a 180 and his FT came to talk to me. I told him the PT had threatened my job and that's why I was slacking. He cussed the PT out in front of the belt.. when he left, the PT came in and screamed at me: "The pen is mightier than the sword! Then pen is mightier than the sword, I got you!" Now every time I see him I smile, more than eight years later. He's been skipped over for promotion at least a half dozen times because he has more DUI's than Rick Flair.

When I was a pick-off, we had a FT sup that wrote on the misload report during peak: "SOME POOR KIDS ARE NOT GOING TO GET THEIR XMAS GIFTS BECAUSE OF YOU. THIS MAKES ME SICK."
I wrote under it: "GRINCH MODE, BABY" after I had just gotten done setting up the belt, in front of the PT sup.

I never said I was smart when I was younger.

pakmule

A roller dog for lunch
Our driver group was accused of "Driver conspiracy, Corporate sabotage" by our center manager because we did not answer our audit questions correctly.

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
I remember my whole work group being accused of theft because we had punched in on a time clock that was broken because the supervisor had previously directed us to. Someone in payroll paid us on the punch-in time which was about 5 hours before we actually started. All of us were expecting back pay from Christmas helper work so we didn't question the extra money. Thanks to his outburst the Union was able to let us keep the money.

Notretiredyet

Thru the years I've learned the art of appearing to care about whatever is being said, but all I hear is the sound of an adult talking in a Charlie Brown special. Works for me.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I think we had a good one after 9/11. I was not impressed with taking the eri quite soon after, but I think the center manager did a good job the day after, talking of being safe. And one time in my life I believed he meant it. We didnt know wth was going on, and one of the few companies who kept working, while most others closed down. Actually most closed down.

Many years ago, we had a center manager who was running us down because of what he said was a poor performance on delivering air on time. He said during the previous week, our on time delivery percentage was 98.2 percent. We thought that was pretty good and were just starting to pat each other on the back when he said, "That's not good enough. You'll have to do better!" Every driver in the meeting began laughing hysterically to the point that he had to end the meeting and send the drivers to the trucks. I still think about that meeting and chuckle.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Our center manager actually had to stand there one morning and read a PCM from corporate about heat stroke prevention and awareness, and the need to drink extra fluids when it was hot. This happened in late February, it was 36 degrees and there was snow mixed in with the rain that was falling outside. I missed the last part of the PCM in order to go to the shop and find a set of tire chains. Fortunately, I didnt get heat stroke that day.

Notretiredyet

Our center manager actually had to stand there one morning and read a PCM from corporate about heat stroke prevention and awareness, and the need to drink extra fluids when it was hot. This happened in late February, it was 36 degrees and there was snow mixed in with the rain that was falling outside. I missed the last part of the PCM in order to go to the shop and find a set of tire chains. Fortunately, I didnt get heat stroke that day.
Somewhere in a cubicle in Atlanta a report shows that PCM was successful in reducing heatstroke in your center that day. Expect that same PCM next year.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
Somewhere in a cubicle in Atlanta a report shows that PCM was successful in reducing heatstroke in your center that day. Expect that same PCM next year.

meanwhileinatlanta.png
qm.gif
atlanta.jpg
meanwhileinatlanta.png

stink219

A sup I had spent a 30 year career being a jerk, rude and a smart :censored2: to every driver. On his final PCM on his last day, I saw him breakdown in tears and say, "This company wouldn't be anywhere without people like you guys. You are the reason this company is great. Never let them make you feel otherwise. Thank you so much for helping me over the years." We all shook his hand and congratulated him. It was at this point when I realized that it wasn't that he WANTED to be a jerk, rude or smart :censored2:, he was REQUIRED to be.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
A sup I had spent a 30 year career being a jerk, rude and a smart :censored2: to every driver. On his final PCM on his last day, I saw him breakdown in tears and say, "This company wouldn't be anywhere without people like you guys. You are the reason this company is great. Never let them make you feel otherwise. Thank you so much for helping me over the years." We all shook his hand and congratulated him. It was at this point when I realized that it wasn't that he WANTED to be a jerk, rude or smart :censored2:, he was REQUIRED to be.
And with that I will just say, that is sad.

S

serenity now

in a similar vein, how about when they tell us we should wear light colored clothing, take frequent breaks, and avoid strenuous activity * WTF

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
During the swine flu "epidemic", we had a safety manager spend 10 minutes of a PCM talking to us on how to keep the our influenza chances low. She told us that we had to wipe our boards after every stop. One of the drivers asked her if we can pick up these wipes in the diad room.

She stared daggers at him " You make over 30 dollars an hour !! If you care about yourself, you will buy them !!

What a laugh walking to the cars !!! lol

DSM515

we had a new center manager tell us on his first pcm " I don't care if you guys get hurt, just don't get hurt on the job" not the right thing to say to 60 strong union guys. He didn't last a year in our center.