Memorable PCM's

curiousbrain

I have given some incredibly stupid PCM's in my journey through this company. I'm not sure why it was my responsibility, but "they" insisted I do it; so, I had fun with it. I'd read the garbage and make jokes about it, and remind everyone that safety is of paramount importance, all the usual hoo-hah. I'm not a drone, and if they don't like the way I do it, they can do it themselves - especially with something that is as flimsy as the average PCM.

However, when there was something important that had to be read, that actually had a real and tangible impact on everyone, I would do it right and people would listen and absorb the information - an example might be after the Sandy Hook shooting here. Sadly, an "important" PCM comes along maybe once or twice a year.

UPSER110

We had an "important" one this peak that stuck in my head. There was a hearse parked out front of the building. The PCM was about clearing the intersection and going home safely, and not riding in the hearse.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
We had an "important" one this peak that stuck in my head. There was a hearse parked out front of the building. The PCM was about clearing the intersection and going home safely, and not riding in the hearse.

I'm surprised they didn't use the hearse to shuttle misloads around....to save wear and tear on a package car

Kis124

My favorite is during diabetes awareness month, the PCM ends with don't forget about the bake sale after the shift. Otherwise, our pcms are like broken records.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
My favorite is during diabetes awareness month, the PCM ends with don't forget about the bake sale after the shift. Otherwise, our pcms are like broken records.

HAHAHA! As a former diabetic, the irony is not lost on me. I am now listed as glucose tolerance impaired.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
We had this maroon sup give a speech years ago at PCM about pre-tripping !! he said, and I can quote him till this day,,"I even pre-trip my bathroom in the am to make sure there is enough toilet paper, toothpaste and clean towels for the family "" we all just walked away starring at each other as to say WTF !! Get a life !!!

We had one tell us we should 'pre-trip' our bodies just as we pre-trip our trucks. I didn't feel particulary well that day and asked him if I could red-tag myself.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
We had a memorable PCM this morning, instead of the usual waste of time. The new South Atlantic District Manager visited my Hub. I almost had trouble recognizing my package car, it got washed for the first time in about nine months. The District Manager seemed like a pretty decent guy. He even participated the best he could in our morning stretches. He came across as a people person, and he has a sense of humor.

Limper

Out For Delivery
We had a memorable PCM this morning, instead of the usual waste of time. The new South Atlantic District Manager visited my Hub. I almost had trouble recognizing my package car, it got washed for the first time in about nine months. The District Manager seemed like a pretty decent guy. He even participated the best he could in our morning stretches. He came across as a people person, and he has a sense of humor.

Scratch, you actually do morning stretches at the PCM? Do all drivers participate? 80 drivers in my center, I would
guess maybe 3 or 4 would stretch while the others would just watch or eat a donut.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Scratch, you actually do morning stretches at the PCM? Do all drivers participate? 80 drivers in my center, I would
guess maybe 3 or 4 would stretch while the others would just watch or eat a donut.

My Center probably puts about 50 routes on the road a day, we are lucky if twenty drivers show up for the PCM. We do stretches, but they are pretty much a joke. You can't do a decent workout in two minutes.