Memorial day night shift - Do we have off?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by j0j081, May 25, 2008.

1. j0j081

j0j081 New Member

Kind of a dumb question but I have no other way of finding out before late tomorrow. For the night shift 11pm at Rockford, IL air hub do we have tomorrow off? I was sick yesterday so didn't have a chance to ask my sup. Thanks!

2. MonavieLeaker

MonavieLeaker Bringin Teh_Lulz

Everyone Is Off

3. looper804

looper804 Is it time to go home yet

I'm not from your area but I would think that you wouldn't have to report until 11pm Monday night.

4. j0j081

j0j081 New Member

Do you mean 11 pm Tuesday night because 11 pm Monday night is when I normally work? I am asking about 11 pm on the 26th.

5. looper804

looper804 Is it time to go home yet

Yes,11pm the 26th,not Tuesday.Monday.

6. tritese

tritese tritese

i work the night shift here (jacksonville).........sun-thurs 11:10pm, my holiday is sunday night and i report back on monday night........

7. j0j081

j0j081 New Member

oh okay. We work M-Th and Sat during the day so who knows then. Probably do in that case.

8. MonavieLeaker

MonavieLeaker Bringin Teh_Lulz

you work mon-thu..and then sat? thats odd

9. j0j081

j0j081 New Member

yeah that is what almost all of the part timers work here. I work at an air hub as I said before but on Saturdays we only have feeders.

10. SmithBarney

SmithBarney Well-Known Member

Sorry, but these are good questions to ask you SUP before you leave on friday..
    Not a bunch of people on the net that might have a different schedule than you.

11. j0j081

j0j081 New Member

like I said in my op I was sick on Saturday (which we usually work days on) so I didn't have a chance to ask. If worst comes to worst I'll just have to call an hour before but it would have been nice to know ahead of time.

12. raceanoncr

raceanoncr Well-Known Member

You kinda better do more than just ask on here. Different parts of the country, different hubs, different operations have different hours of employ.

Here, even being a f/t feeder driver, I've had to work holidays (double time, of course). Have had to work unscheduled days and scheduled days that were considered holidays.

Better check a little closer in your area.

13. I'm on vacation so I'm off anyways

14. j0j081

j0j081 New Member

YAY I DON'T WORK! Sup finally called me back. Happy Memorial Day!