Memorial day

davidr236

Hi there I am new to ups. I started monday actually as a pre-loader, its been intresting so far. .Anyways I was just wondering if we get memorial day off or is it just a normal day. I have previous engagements and im pretty sure that being new my chances of getting that day off are slim to none. Thanks

area43

Theres old school and new school. When I got hired in 85 i was happy to have a job. The best pt job in the country. The last thing that was on my mind was a holiday, but i will have to say the paid holidays r nice. enjoy( :

area43

Get plenty of rest and go at it with a strong smart steady pace. Im not out to win the game, but to stay in the game. Good luck and God bless

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
My sort runs Sunday to Thursday and we ARE working the day before Memorial Day. This isn't a surprise considering we also work Easter Sunday! :mad: :mad: -Rocky

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
That pulls some vacuum.

Indeed...I'm going to be interested to see how much volume we can process on Easter Sunday, never mind the day before Memorial Day, due to the number of call-ins. I'd take Easter Sunday off unpaid but they refused the request, citing "volume processing needs." -Rocky

BrownHumor

Preloader
You will be surprised how your body adapts if you push it. Just don't do anything stupid like lift too many over 70's by yourself. Oh wait, I mean don't lift ANY over 70's by yourself... yeah riiiiiiight.

7 months on the preload now, and I can honestly say I am in the best shape of my life. It's like a 4-5 hour workout 5 days a week. I've lost 25lbs and am back to my high school weight. That was 14 years ago!

Now if only this job could get me my hair back... I get the feeling it may cause the opposite to happen. :tongue_sm

bh

MR_Vengeance

United Parcel Survivor
You will be surprised how your body adapts if you push it. Just don't do anything stupid like lift too many over 70's by yourself. Oh wait, I mean don't lift ANY over 70's by yourself... yeah riiiiiiight.

7 months on the preload now, and I can honestly say I am in the best shape of my life. It's like a 4-5 hour workout 5 days a week. I've lost 25lbs and am back to my high school weight. That was 14 years ago!

Now if only this job could get me my hair back... I get the feeling it may cause the opposite to happen. :tongue_sm

bh

what about those dirt you sucking in while loading?

aspenleaf

Indeed...I'm going to be interested to see how much volume we can process on Easter Sunday, never mind the day before Memorial Day, due to the number of call-ins. I'd take Easter Sunday off unpaid but they refused the request, citing "volume processing needs." -Rocky

We did a lot last Easter - I worked it since my sup was working that shift and she knew a lot of people would call in. Same thing happens on Mother's day and Father's day. . .but the packages still need to be moved in the system. What sucks for preloaders is the 4th of July - yes we get the day off but we can't stay up late (well if we want sleep we choose not to stay up late) to watch the fireworks since we have to be to work so early.