Memorizing stuff now?

dillweed

Well, we all took the test a couple weeks ago. Yesterday our pt sup came up on the sort aisle and said everyone had failed it and our names were called at pcm to come in early today to try again.

I knew I had done all right on it so asked the ft sup after the sort which ones I had missed so I could work on them. He said it was yard control and we went up to check. He looked and said I hadn't missed a single one, nor had another sorter. What the heck? He said I didn't have to take it again.
Silly geese.

GSOUPS

I just don't think memorizing stuff like this is that hard. Usually I go over it in my mind over and over again while I'm picking off. Then when my supervisor springs it on me I'm ready to answer. Last week they did this to us after work. He told us to list the 8 keys to yard control and do it quick. I wrote them down in about 2 to 3 minutes and clocked out and went home. Everyone else was struggling with it. The next night he did the same thing with the 8 keys to lifting and lowering, I was able to write those down quickly as well.

I guess it's just a gift but I'm able to memorize stuff pretty easily. This stuff they ask you to know is pretty simple, doesn't take that long to learn.

fxdwg

Long Time Member
I just don't think memorizing stuff like this is that hard. Usually I go over it in my mind over and over again while I'm picking off. Then when my supervisor springs it on me I'm ready to answer. Last week they did this to us after work. He told us to list the 8 keys to yard control and do it quick. I wrote them down in about 2 to 3 minutes and clocked out and went home. Everyone else was struggling with it. The next night he did the same thing with the 8 keys to lifting and lowering, I was able to write those down quickly as well.

I guess it's just a gift but I'm able to memorize stuff pretty easily. This stuff they ask you to know is pretty simple, doesn't take that long to learn.

Eventually, they'll ditch the current drivel and come up with a bunch of new drivel to memorize. They did away with the six safe work methods, HABITS, etc. Sooner or later, the current drivel will be replaced with entirely new acronymns and methods.

Upsdriver88

All you are required to do is give you best effort. On the clock. But everyone's "best" is different. Tieguy's job depends on knowing this crap, yours does not. That's why these mid-level managment guys give hourly's such a hard time. They really can't do anything about how long it takes you to learn this dreamed up garbage.

Stolaroff77

Where and the hell do you find or get the 8 yard control keys .??? I have been looking every where for them.. I have found everything else but I would just like to look the damn 8 over and I cant find them anywhere

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Where and the hell do you find or get the 8 yard control keys .??? I have been looking every where for them.. I have found everything else but I would just like to look the damn 8 over and I cant find them anywhere
I'm sure your center manager/On-Road or any of your mgmt people could get you a copy, if you ask.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
Eventually, they'll ditch the current drivel and come up with a bunch of new drivel to memorize. They did away with the six safe work methods, HABITS, etc. Sooner or later, the current drivel will be replaced with entirely new acronymns and methods.

Yep. Just as you get it memorized, too. My favorite from HABITS (or should I say what little I bothered to remember of them, anyway) was about ergonomics, and something like how your back should be positioned like an upside-down astronaut. I'd love to see how much LSD is being dosed at the meetings where they actually think this crap up.

THE STIG

you wont get fired. make a half hearted effort and you will be fine. ive been here over 12 years and i dont know them alll by heart. if anyone complains about it i simply tell them, to check the record as i have no injuries. ever. so i must be using that elusive skilll that evades this company more and more everyday. common sense.

dddd wut 360 designated doors, designated walkways, designated break areas, drive the speed limit wear seatbelt, wear vest, use cones, take keys, 360 visibility