Memphis Grizzles.......

Discussion in 'FedEx Discussions' started by DontThrowPackages, May 26, 2013.

1. DontThrowPackages

DontThrowPackages Well-Known Member

Anyone suddenly find themselves Rooting for San Antonio Spurs? :devil:

2. Route 66

Route 66 Flacid Member

anybody but a Memphis team or the Washington Foreskins

3. DontThrowPackages

DontThrowPackages Well-Known Member

It would hurt to tune to the NBA finals and see the Memphis Suites full of them grinning ear to ear....Happy hands ET Al.

4. MrFedEx

MrFedEx Engorged Member

Yes. Everyone hates Memphis, even the people who have to live there. Let's put MT3 at half-court and have a contest to see if anyone can throw him into the basket.

5. Route 66

Route 66 Flacid Member

yeah, what a crap town that place is...I spent 3 years there one week. Every convenience store I went into, the clerk was sitting inside a bullet-proof glass cubicle giving everyone the stink eye. Lovely atmosphere all the way - and that was over 20 years ago - I'll bet it's even nicer now....oh, and practically nobody there seemed to know how to drive as I recall.

6. MrFedEx

MrFedEx Engorged Member

Yep, it's truly a crap town. The first time I went to Memphis there were half a dozen stripped cars sitting on blocks on the way from the airport to the hotel. I was stuck there once for 3 weeks too, and after Mud Island (LOFL), Graceland, Beale Street, and the ducks at the Peabody Hotel, what's left except Catfish Corner and ribs? It is a NOTHING town.

When MEM got to be too much, a classmate and I decided to go try gambling at Tunica. We both wished that Hertz rented armored personnel carriers instead of cars.

A couple of years ago, some major FedEx vendor Tweeted what a crap town Memphis was how he was dreading having to be there, and FedEx execs somehow got ahold of the Tweet. Needless to say, he left town without making a sale.