Mental Health benefits under TeamCare?

cynic

Did mental health coverage get dropped under TeamCare? Currently provided by ValueOptions but I did not see any reference to mental health benefits - can anyone shed some light on this?

saintrick

It pays 80% and is not subject to the out of pocket max.

(g) Psychiatric,

Alcoholism and Drug
Abuse – Inpatient

Treatment Benefit

After Plan Deductible, 80% of covered charges for
up to twenty-one (21) days maximum per person,
per calendar year. Life-time maximum of forty-two
(42) days.

(h) Psychiatric,

Alcoholism and Drug
Abuse – Outpatient

Treatment Benefit
After Plan Deductible, 80% of covered charges for
up to thirty (30) sessions/visits per person, per
calendar year

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
There is not a bigger hole in our health care system than where it relates to mental health. Who among us couldn't benefit from seeing a therapist? Instead, we grease the wheels of Big Pharma, which only masks the bigger problem. Kind of snapshot of what this country is all about. Big business at the expense of the rest of us. God bless America and the free market.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
There is not a bigger hole in our health care system than where it relates to mental health. Who among us couldn't benefit from seeing a therapist? Instead, we grease the wheels of Big Pharma, which only masks the bigger problem. Kind of snapshot of what this country is all about. Big business at the expense of the rest of us. God bless America and the free market.

I've got 12 ounces of therapy in my hand.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
And it shouldn't.

Sure, it shouldn't. Not if you want to work on your marriage. Same goes with mental health. Ever wonder why so many people struggle with depression, anxiety and other mental issues? Because our health care system ignores it. Most drugs that get prescribed for mental health issues simply deal with the effects of an illness, not the causes. So our government and insurance will spend billions subsidizing Big Pharma, but spend nothing on the root causes.

Yeah, that sounds like a recipe for success. And our health care isn't broken?

It sounds like you've never known someone who has been affected by mental health issues. I have, and the cost to see a therapist on a regular business is prohibitive. So, they continue to suffer. But they can get cheap, addictive drugs that mask their troubles.

undies

My wife and I have been going to individual and couples therapy for years now. I dare say it has made us better people and even stronger couple. As stressful as this job can be, having a third party to talk to about your issues really makes a big difference.

cynic

Glad to hear that undies, so many do not utilize those benefits. So many stressors in people's lives including our teens with cyberbullying that it is good for them to have a "safe" person to talk to that won't judge - only help. IMHO, the answer comes from talking, not the latest antidepressant advertised on TV.

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
Glad to hear that undies, so many do not utilize those benefits. So many stressors in people's lives including our teens with cyberbullying that it is good for them to have a "safe" person to talk to that won't judge - only help. IMHO, the answer comes from talking, not the latest antidepressant advertised on TV.
i agree & I think many of the people that responded to the thread regarding depression would agree too.

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
I think UPS will still cover valueoptions in the same way it's suppose to cover the dental part of our plan. Don't quote me on that though...