Merry Christmas, another Christmas Eve driving the brown truck!

brownboxman

For those of us who are drivers, there is a certain feeling to this day. Surviving the long hours of "peak season" , may not be different than the long hours of the rest of the year, but the work is faster pace with more pkgs and expectations. So to make it to Christmas Eve with the body a little more tired, and the mind a bit more weary gives us acertain feeling of accomplishment. putting all the "hourly vs. company" aside, take a moment today to get a feel for the sense of accomplishment we all deserve. It really is pretty amazing. This will be my 26th and last "peak day" before Christmas going to work for UPS, and I will savor it. Because for all the crap we endure, we all know there is a sense of pride in the accomplishment. Merry Christmas to all my "Brown" co workers!

jaker

trolling
Very well said. This day is either hit or miss. Sometimes I take a code 5 or I punch out at 9. Hopefully it's a code 5
Getting ready to leave the house and thinking the same thing , at least I still have a helper for today

Its the week after Christmas that bugs me more

over9five

Staff member
Anyone need a helper for the day? I can't run, but I move pretty fast. I have uniforms, black boots, and I know how to use a DIAD. If you run out of hours during the day, I can even drive for you!

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
i'll be there till 2am tonight i'm sure

screw family, wish i was playing Eve instead

2011-11-04-14-22-20.jpg
2011-11-04-14-22-20.jpg

upsman68

I look allright today but we were told to have a full call in and that we would be helping out the others. So I have no clue what time I will be home

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Very well said. This day is either hit or miss. Sometimes I take a code 5 or I punch out at 9. Hopefully it's a code 5

Well I was instructed to EC what ever I need to just be off by 6. Why? Because my sup wants to get home. Isn't it just great what this company has turned into.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I sent an ODS after my helper and I had lunch and another before heading back to center asking if anyone needed help. I was asked to call another driver who said he was all set. I asked if there were any stops left in building that needed to be delivered and was told no and to go home. I went home.

JakeD

Last day as a helper and i definitely appreciate the work that goes into driving and how it would be delivering alone most of the year. we had 180stops probably 250 packages. we went without lunch to finish faster and get it done at 3:30 (for me) then another 1hr-1.5hr for driver to do one last stop, pick up his trailer and get back to the center.

OVERBOARD

Don't believe everything you think
8.00 to 1632 I'm one of the lucks ones. Call a friend and he still had 80 stops left at 1700, he Dels. North of the center which was hit hard, south of the center got of pretty easy where I'm. Sucks to be in group 2.

upsgrunt

Our center was told to run 37 routes today; 52 routes went out- all over 10.5 hours. What reports and forecasts are they reading?

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
had a Code 5 and still worked over 9 hours. Quite a few people were still out when i came in. Our center got hit hard today

upsman68

Finished at Five. Took 60 stops from another driver. It's now 7:15 cSt They want me go help another driver. Lots of drivers eta are 9:00-10:00. We started at 8:20.