Merry Christmas, another Christmas Eve driving the brown truck!

Rappin4J

Had 138 stops. 90 miles. Started at 8am. Picked up my helper at 9am. We were done at 230pm. Code 5. Glad to be home with my wonderful family Merry Christmas

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Our center was told to run 37 routes today; 52 routes went out- all over 10.5 hours. What reports and forecasts are they reading?

Hopefully Soberups will not see this.
This will blow his whole theory that some pimply faced geek in Corporate I.E. decides how many routes each center dispatches.

S

serenity now

This will blow his whole theory that some pimply faced geek in Corporate I.E. decides how many routes each center dispatches.

yes, but he will have a field day with the fact that they wanted 37 when 52+ were needed * wait for it

For those of us who are drivers, there is a certain feeling to this day. Surviving the long hours of "peak season" , may not be different than the long hours of the rest of the year, but the work is faster pace with more pkgs and expectations. So to make it to Christmas Eve with the body a little more tired, and the mind a bit more weary gives us acertain feeling of accomplishment. putting all the "hourly vs. company" aside, take a moment today to get a feel for the sense of accomplishment we all deserve. It really is pretty amazing. This will be my 26th and last "peak day" before Christmas going to work for UPS, and I will savor it. Because for all the crap we endure, we all know there is a sense of pride in the accomplishment. Merry Christmas to all my "Brown" co workers!
We are the best. We bitch and complain but when we go to bed at night we know we are the dominate worker in the industry. This counts for most and me for sure. At a boy

brownboxman

They started us at 730 I had 176 stops 244 pkgs 110 miles, I clocked off at 1710, what kept me going was that I will never work another Christmas Eve for ups again!

Indecisi0n

Was told it would be a early day for all. Most didn't punch out until 6:30 which was a little annoying. I understand getting in all those last gifts but how about drivers spending time with family? Isn't that important as well?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Was told it would be a early day for all. Most didn't punch out until 6:30 which was a little annoying. I understand getting in all those last gifts but how about drivers spending time with family? Isn't that important as well?

My very first Christmas Eve my father had come to spend the holidays with us. I felt bad for my (ex) wife as she ended up having to entertain him while I was working. I didn't punch out until after 1am Christmas morning and I was not the last driver in the bldg. Yesterday I punched out at 1530---I was not the first but certainly not the last---with the rest expected to be punched out NLT 1800.

Family time is certainly important but when you work in the service sector it often takes a back seat to the job.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Done at 4:15. Even sat for lunch at Burger King. Only day of the year I don't have the pressure of 35 pickups.

My helper and I were done so early I decided to make a courtesy sweep of my pickups as they are all on the way back to where my helper had parked and to the center. Most were closed and those that were open had little to nothing going out except for the UPS Store---they must have had 80 pkgs going out. I knew that they weren't planning on using my pkg car on Wednesday so I cleaned them out and will let the metro take care of it Wednesday afternoon.

Your boss should be ashamed of himself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!The one day out of the year that your customers do not want any excuses just there Xmas gifts!!!!If you hit the EC button so you could finish early you would be looking for a new job!!I hope his car broke down on the way home !!!!!!!Sorry that kind of B.S. really gets under my skin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We had guys who were asked to :TAKE THE DAY: We had other guys who were done at noon!! There was no excuses why an attempt wasnt made on Xmas eve, unless there house was on fire!!! Shame Shame on U BOSSMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
My helper and I were done so early I decided to make a courtesy sweep of my pickups as they are all on the way back to where my helper had parked and to the center. Most were closed and those that were open had little to nothing going out except for the UPS Store---they must have had 80 pkgs going out. I knew that they weren't planning on using my pkg car on Wednesday so I cleaned them out and will let the metro take care of it Wednesday afternoon.

A Couple of people tried to hand me ARS pkgs and I said no pickup today.

Johney

Our center was told to run 37 routes today; 52 routes went out- all over 10.5 hours. What reports and forecasts are they reading?

You can bet that center manager is going to get their ass handed to them on Wednesday for not following instructions. Although it was the right thing to do.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

A Couple of people tried to hand me ARS pkgs and I said no pickup today.

I am surprised that you would not have accepted them. Yes, they would have sat in the building until Wednesday night, but at least the customers would have been taken care of. We were told to accept any packages that customers hand to us.

W

want to retire

Spent Monday laid off from my Sun-Thurs feeder job. Seemed........normal......went to regular family gathering at 6pm like normal people. When I was in pkg....this was always a very stressful time as I never knew when I'd get there. My family was always great and waited for me no matter when I got there. 30 years of Christmas bs.