Message from the Supreme Court to the Repubilcans: DENIED!

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
The supreme court just rejected the republican case against "Obamacare" and it will have to take its course through the appeals process.

A major setback to those seeking to overturn the health reform act.

The case probably will not be heard now by the supreme court until AFTER the 2012 election.

This is "no bueno" for the republicans.

Peace.

moreluck

golden ticket member
This is only them losing a "fast track" to the SCOTUS.......It's gonna get there anyway, just goes the slower route now through the appelate courts. 2014 is when the mandate kicks in for "you must have ins" and they don't want to rule on something that hasn't taken effect yet.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
You know its funny Klien, the poll that FOX news used to convince its legions of followers that doctors would "QUIT" the medical world if "obamacare" passed, left out one little fact.

Those that said they would quit were already ready to retire or ending their practice in the near future anyways.

NOT ONE curent doctor with a working practice said they would quit with the new health care reform act. The older doctors said they would quit because they did not want to upgrade their practices to conform to the new law.

Its alot easier to stretch the truth on fox news and convince everyone that doctors will stop practicing medicine. As if a young doctor with hundreds of dollars owed in school loans, start up costs and such would just walk away deep in debt because of a new law.

Give us a break.

Peace.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Thats correct moreluck!!!

The appeals process will bog it down until then. The supreme court will not rule on anything that hasnt become law yet and the mandate in the law doesnt take effect until 2014. The repubicans wanted to make a political issue out of this in the courts prior to the 2012 elections and that just went down in flames. The costs of the case just increased for the plaintiffs 5 fold and with states facing budget crisis, I dont see where the attorneys general of the republican states will find the money to fight this case.

Peace.

klein

Für Meno :)
You know its funny Klien, the poll that FOX news used to convince its legions of followers that doctors would "QUIT" the medical world if "obamacare" passed, left out one little fact.

Those that said they would quit were already ready to retire or ending their practice in the near future anyways.

NOT ONE curent doctor with a working practice said they would quit with the new health care reform act. The older doctors said they would quit because they did not want to upgrade their practices to conform to the new law.

Its alot easier to stretch the truth on fox news and convince everyone that doctors will stop practicing medicine. As if a young doctor with hundreds of dollars owed in school loans, start up costs and such would just walk away deep in debt because of a new law.

Give us a break.

Peace.

Dammit, and here I was hoping to see doctors on browncafe soon.
Those that decided to quit and went on preload instead !

I guess that won't happen anytime soon now, maybe after 2014 ? LOL

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Its a good day to laugh at the republicans today with respect to health care, and by that , I mean all those who came on tv talking smack about how they were going to get to the supreme court and embarrass Obama before the 2012 elections.

Peace.....baaahahahahahahah

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Its a good day to laugh at the republicans today with respect to health care, and by that , I mean all those who came on tv talking smack about how they were going to get to the supreme court and embarrass Obama before the 2012 elections.

Peace.....baaahahahahahahah

Can I join you in a big laugh? I'm sure Rush and FOX will be all over the Commie Court (even though it's dominated by conservatives).

NOT ONE curent doctor with a working practice said they would quit with the new health care reform act.
The older doctors said they would quit because they did not want to upgrade their practices to conform to the new law.

Give us a break.

Peace.
Where did you get those "facts" ?

Just so ya know, most hospitals and doctor offices are already upgrading to the new " the government has to know all your health history" systems that are been forced down the throats of people. It won't be that long now before the federal government will know everything the doctors do when you are in their office, what meds and procedures are prescribed. IMHO, these are things the federal government has no need to know.

You should know how easy it is to stretch the truth, you've got a lot of practice at it.

brett636

Laugh all you want, but the fact of the matter is this law will become before the Supreme Court and it will get struck down to some extent or another. As far as using this as a means to embarrass Obummer its not necessary as he has plenty of things to go on to embarrass him with during the upcoming campaign. The man has simply done very little the public approves of, and should be replaced on January 20, 2013.

brett636

Just so ya know, most hospitals and doctor offices are already upgrading to the new " the government has to know all your health history" systems that are been forced down the throats of people. It won't be that long now before the federal government will know everything the doctors do when you are in their office, what meds and procedures are prescribed. IMHO, these are things the federal government has no need to know.

You should know how easy it is to stretch the truth, you've got a lot of practice at it.

He does a lot more than stretch it. He guaranteed me the Heller case(Case on right to bear arms) was going to lose before the Supreme Court, but we all know how that turned out now didn't we?

klein

Why would you be against a new standard, that actually prevents medicare fraud ?
For example, if you had your tonsils already removed, and go back to a doctor to get them removed, again - that raises a huge Flag !

Something like that happened to a buddy I once knew. He felt sorry for this person who had no dental bennies, so he gave him his dental card.
Well, guess what ? When my buddy used his dental bennie a year or 2 later, and wanted a tooth or more removed, or be cared for, - the insurance company caught on to it - since those teeth have already been removed prior !
Don't know the full outcome, but I'm sure he had to pay for the previous bill, and most likely some sort of penalty.

And another good reason to have a computerized medical report system, is not everyone keeps the same doctor all their lives, and they don't stay in the same city or state, either.
It's difficult at times, to get personal health records sent.
Don't you think if someone sees a new doctor, he/she will get better related healthcare, if the doctor knows instantly what the patients prior medical history is ?

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
He does a lot more than stretch it. He guaranteed me the Heller case(Case on right to bear arms) was going to lose before the Supreme Court, but we all know how that turned out now didn't we?

Brett,

it had a obvious outcome before it went to trial with 5 republicans and 4 liberals on the bench. The Ruling came down 5 to 4 which means 4 of the justices sided with me, making me partially right. This was and is a political issue used to motivate the right wing base. GUNS...OMG there going to take them away!!

Better wake Charley Heston from the dead so we can pull the guns from his dead fingers!

Peace.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Brett,

it had a obvious outcome before it went to trial with 5 republicans and 4 liberals on the bench. The Ruling came down 5 to 4 which means 4 of the justices sided with me, making me partially right. This was and is a political issue used to motivate the right wing base. GUNS...OMG there going to take them away!!

Better wake Charley Heston from the dead so we can pull the guns from his dead fingers!

Peace.

Partially right? Yeah, like coming in 2nd in a 2-man race!

Why would you be against a new standard, that actually prevents medicare fraud ?
For example, if you had your tonsils already removed, and go back to a doctor to get them removed, again - that raises a huge Flag !

Something like that happened to a buddy I once knew. He felt sorry for this person who had no dental bennies, so he gave him his dental card.
Well, guess what ? When my buddy used his dental bennie a year or 2 later, and wanted a tooth or more removed, or be cared for, - the insurance company caught on to it - since those teeth have already been removed prior !
Don't know the full outcome, but I'm sure he had to pay for the previous bill, and most likely some sort of penalty.

And another good reason to have a computerized medical report system, is not everyone keeps the same doctor all their lives, and they don't stay in the same city or state, either.
It's difficult at times, to get personal health records sent.
Don't you think if someone sees a new doctor, he/she will get better related healthcare, if the doctor knows instantly what the patients prior medical history is ?

All that you just mentioned is not the purpose of the electronic medical records but merely a side effect. The purpose is so a group of government employees can make a decision on what health care you can receive, that's not my opinion it is a stated purpose. You do realize that computer records are not exactly safe from the eyes of people that would choose to hack into those systems? So much for privacy. What makes you think there will be anyone changing doctors? In the past, anytime I have changed doctors I either picked them up from the former doc's office and took them to the new Doc or had them sent a couple of weeks in advance. Nothing like a little personal responsibility to get things done. Ho yea, I forgot, you don't believe in personal responsibility. My bad.

Brett,

Peace.
And how does that differ from the victory you are celebrating today? Plus, unless you are accusing Brett if lying you were wrong, not partially right.
Brett said
"He guaranteed me the Heller case(Case on right to bear arms) was going to lose before the Supreme Court." or do you claim that the appellate courts were stacked against you there too.

klein

All that you just mentioned is not the purpose of the electronic medical records but merely a side effect. The purpose is so a group of government employees can make a decision on what health care you can receive, that's not my opinion it is a stated purpose. You do realize that computer records are not exactly safe from the eyes of people that would choose to hack into those systems? So much for privacy. What makes you think there will be anyone changing doctors? In the past, anytime I have changed doctors I either picked them up from the former doc's office and took them to the new Doc or had them sent a couple of weeks in advance. Nothing like a little personal responsibility to get things done. Ho yea, I forgot, you don't believe in personal responsibility. My bad.

Gee, you should have lead the big fight against internet banking and purchasing products online, too.
Go back to the olden days, and re-install typewriters everywhere.

I don't give a damn who wants to hack a site and find medical records. Wow, how damaging that could be !!!! Beats hacking my bank account any day ! Now you're worrying me ! I won't be able to sleep !
Gee, and we had electronic setup for years, enabling doctors to get paid within 48hrs !
They need to go backwards, and wait for a check , like in the olden days. You're soo right, it's garbage.
I hope you still get checks from UPS and not direct deposit, too !
That's crap, you can't trust electronic transfers - what if that gets hacked ?????

I''m soo worried ! :(

Gee, you should have lead the big fight against internet banking and purchasing products online, too.
Go back to the olden days, and re-install typewriters everywhere.

I don't give a damn who wants to hack a site and find medical records. Wow, how damaging that could be !!!! Beats hacking my bank account any day ! Now you're worrying me ! I won't be able to sleep !
Gee, and we had electronic setup for years, enabling doctors to get paid within 48hrs !
They need to go backwards, and wait for a check , like in the olden days. You're soo right, it's garbage.
I hope you still get checks from UPS and not direct deposit, too !
That's crap, you can't trust electronic transfers - what if that gets hacked ?????

I''m soo worried ! :(
Well if you can't see the possible harm a hacker can do with the info in your medical records, there is no hope for you anyway. Go a head an re-insert your head where it is most comfortable for you. Also it possibility of hacking was all you got out of that, it reaffirms my opinion.

brett636

Brett,

Peace.

Um partially right? Your kidding right? There is no partial victory, its either you win or you lose. Heller won making that ruling the law of the land.

Not to divert this thread too much but the gun issue is an interesting one. I have visited liberal websites where the posters are so rabidly liberal(liberals don't really love this country, they just act like they do) they cheer the death of American soldiers, but when the gun rights issue comes up a lot of those same posters support gun rights rather than gun control. Even you, TOS, is in the minority of your own ideological wing when it comes to this.

klein

Well, as you know, trinkle, most all other countries have Government healthcare (besides Turkey).
Most of them have electronic systems in place, too.

Maybe, it's time for you to move out of the country, if you can't trust your government ?
You make the US sound like Libya or Egypt under Murbarak or Ghaddafi.
Big brother is watching you, and ready to arrest you. Esspecially if you abuse the healthcare system or commit healthcare fraud.

Somehow, you expect the government to improve healthcare, esspecially reducing costs on healthcare, but on the other hand, you don't want them to have any access to information that just might help them to succeed doing so.

I could value your point, if the US only had private healthcare and nothing else, and if you yourself wouldn't be getting tax breaks on your healthcare plan.
But, that's not the case.
The US government spends annually 30% of it's GDP on healthcare and growing rapidly.
By 2030, some estimate 50% of GDP will be spent on it.

You probably hope that's not the case, but the likelyhood is, it will happen.
Give the government some tools, to deal with such a problem. How else can they do their job ?