Message from the Supreme Court to the Repubilcans: DENIED!

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
This is the situation I am facing...
The immunomodulator I currently use to treat my multiple sclerosis will not be approved by governing authorities.
It is not approved in Canada or Great Britain.
It is approved by the FDA and I have used it since October 11, 2006.

The catch-22 is this...
I don't know if this drug is making a difference.
I am not willing to stop taking this drug.
This is a chance I am NOT willing to make.

I am a working adult with a condition that could easily place me on Social Security Disability.

I am fighting MS.
I do not want to fight everyone on BC.
I do not want to fight for my privilege as AN AMERICAN to choose, along with my doctor, the RIGHT treatment for MY MS.

And as an FYI...
I am not afraid of Mitt Romney.
Romneycare was a mistake and he knows it.

You see...
Ann Romney and I both have MS.
I know he understands the BS - I am facing.

You see...
The only thing certain about MS is the uncertainty.
What works for me, may not work for the next person...

Walk a mile in my shoes...that is while I can still walk without aid.

bbsam

Staff member
Thats correct moreluck!!!

The appeals process will bog it down until then. The supreme court will not rule on anything that hasnt become law yet and the mandate in the law doesnt take effect until 2014. The repubicans wanted to make a political issue out of this in the courts prior to the 2012 elections and that just went down in flames. The costs of the case just increased for the plaintiffs 5 fold and with states facing budget crisis, I dont see where the attorneys general of the republican states will find the money to fight this case.

Peace.
Let's not kid ourselves. If the Supreme Court wanted to rule on this case, they would. Fact is, if they ruled the way the republicans want them too, it's a slippery slope for stripping the government of all kinds of power. Nobody in government, SCOTUS included, really wants to see that.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Bottom line, the case will not see the supreme court for years. By then, the law will enact and taking it away will be next to impossible. In those years, if any of the sitting 5 conservatives resign, retire or be impeached (clarence thomas) Obama will appoint the next justice and the 5 to 4 will go the other way. Anything is possible.

Peace.

packageguy

The immunomodulator I currently use to treat my multiple sclerosis will not be approved by governing authorities.

The catch-22 is this...

I am a working adult with a condition that could easily place me on Social Security Disability.

I am fighting MS.
I do not want to fight for my privilege as AN AMERICAN to choose, along with my doctor, the RIGHT treatment for MY MS.

And as an FYI...

You see...

You see...

I understand what you are saying I have friends with MS I know it's not easy. and I agree what works for one doesn't for another.

moreluck

golden ticket member
So, by 2014 when this mandate is enacted, by then Obama will have already found & corrected all the fraud in medicare/aid because he said that was how he was paying for a lot of Obamacare.
When is he suppose to stop this fraud?? Why does he let it go on when he knows it's happening?

We are slowly finding out that you won't be able to keep your med. ins. plan if you like it. It probably won't exist.
We are also finding out that he grossly misrepresented the actual cost of his plan which will be much, much more than he told people. He lied. I don't want to hear about CBO because he gave the CBO only what #s he wanted them to have (garbage in, garbage out)
My feeling is that it's never too late to stop something that's not good for the country. !!!

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

The catch-22 is this...

I am fighting MS.

And as an FYI...

You see...

You see...

I've heard the "horror" stories about Canadian healthcare, and have found them to be untrue, although there may certainly be exceptions that I'm not aware of. I actually know a Canadian M.D. (he's a relative), and he very strongly supports their system. Nobody is denied care, and although there is waiting for some elective surgeries, it's a better way for this country to go.

The GOP and the insurance industry are working hand-in-hand to make sure they instill as much fear as possible into Americans in order to protect their profits. That's what it's all about, and although I'm not going to convince those who have consumed the Tea-flavoured Kool-Aid (Canadian spelling) to change their minds, perhaps you should do your own research on the subject. You're not going to ever hear any favorable information on FOX, or any of the usual Right Wing sources because they are "owned" by the insurance industry.

bbsam

Staff member
Ok Aj. I'm not going to fight you on this. But aside from your situation, the U.S. health system is dysfunctional and unsustainable. There are millions uncovered in any way shape or form and government and inustry are seemingly OK with that. Obama has staked his presidency on bringing change to that and although people mock and demonize him for it, I'm damn proud of him for it. I hope the president can take ironic pleasure on the day when people speak of "Obamacare" the same way they speak today of Social Security and Medicare. Though they are demonized by some, the masses love the programs and they are never truly cut. Though I would hope no change would come to the relationship you and your doctor have in treatment, I also can't see how we simply ignore the plight of millions and more frighteningly millions more every year.

upsgrunt

Ok Aj. I'm not going to fight you on this. But aside from your situation, the U.S. health system is dysfunctional and unsustainable. There are millions uncovered in any way shape or form and government and inustry are seemingly OK with that. Obama has staked his presidency on bringing change to that and although people mock and demonize him for it, I'm damn proud of him for it. I hope the president can take ironic pleasure on the day when people speak of "Obamacare" the same way they speak today of Social Security and Medicare. Though they are demonized by some, the masses love the programs and they are never truly cut. Though I would hope no change would come to the relationship you and your doctor have in treatment, I also can't see how we simply ignore the plight of millions and more frighteningly millions more every year.

Maybe you haven't heard, but Social Security and Medicare are in big trouble- you want Barry to be remembered for something like that?

upsgrunt

I've heard the "horror" stories about Canadian healthcare, and have found them to be untrue, although there may certainly be exceptions that I'm not aware of. I actually know a Canadian M.D. (he's a relative), and he very strongly supports their system. Nobody is denied care, and although there is waiting for some elective surgeries, it's a better way for this country to go.

The GOP and the insurance industry are working hand-in-hand to make sure they instill as much fear as possible into Americans in order to protect their profits. That's what it's all about, and although I'm not going to convince those who have consumed the Tea-flavoured Kool-Aid (Canadian spelling) to change their minds, perhaps you should do your own research on the subject. You're not going to ever hear any favorable information on FOX, or any of the usual Right Wing sources because they are "owned" by the insurance industry.

Proof please

Lue C Fur

Evil member
I've heard the "horror" stories about Canadian healthcare, and have found them to be untrue, although there may certainly be exceptions that I'm not aware of. I actually know a Canadian M.D. (he's a relative), and he very strongly supports their system. Nobody is denied care, and although there is waiting (waiting till you die or denied so they come to America) for some elective surgeries, it's a better way for this country to go. Really? Canadian healthcare system exposed...by Canadians:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2jijuj1ysw

The GOP and the insurance industry are working hand-in-hand to make sure they instill as much fear as possible into Americans in order to protect their profits. Looks like you been drinking the Obama Kool-aid and listening to the leftwing Media. That's what it's all about, and although I'm not going to convince those who have consumed the Tea-flavoured Kool-Aid (Canadian spelling) to change their minds, (Because your already brainwashed by your hero Obama and Rachel Maddow) perhaps you should do your own research on the subject. Research: Would that be from the lefty websites and the Liberals hero Chris Mathews? You're not going to ever hear any favorable information on FOX, (and if you go to all the MSM youll only get sugarplums and roses blow up your arse telling you how great it is) or any of the usual Right Wing sources because they are "owned" by the insurance industry. LMAO...kinda like GE and NBC and Obama...in bed togather and havin fun.

bbsam

Staff member
Maybe you haven't heard, but Social Security and Medicare are in big trouble- you want Barry to be remembered for something like that?
They are in trouble because congress has been using the funds for SS for everything but it's intended purpose. And either way, just because they are "in trouble" people don't want the cut when it comes time to cut.

moreluck

golden ticket member

You know Canada about as much as Klein knows the USA......

klein

Für Meno :)

You're not too far off, but, personally, I don't think Obamacare went far enough, and the public option was not included.
Canada had the same reckless healthcare system as the US, prior to the 1960's.
I was born under a company per profit insurance company and healthcare system right here, in Canada, myself.
In the mid 60's it all changed, and Canada never looked back. No need to, we see the crap we left behind right next door in the US.

The result was :
Access to good medical care as a universal right is a value that unifies the geographically vast and ethnically heterogenous country that Canada is, allowing citizens to move or change jobs while retaining health care coverage. Canadians are justifiably proud of their medical insurance program and value it so highly that Tommy Douglas (the colorful Baptist minister, premier of the prairie province of Saskatchewan and father of Canada’s universal health Insurance program) was voted "the greatest Canadian of all time" in a 2004 CBC poll.

DS, myself have both stated that we rather have our healthcare any given day, then that of the US.
People can do online searches and find both pro and contra.
However, with the recent healthcare debate in the US, and your huge population, even the internet has many more sites opposing Canada's great healthcare system.

And you, bbsam, are totally right with your words : "The U.S. health system is dysfunctional and unsustainable"
The fed can't afford medicare and subsidies anymore, and American corporations are struggeling with higher and higher insurance premiums giving them a major disadvantage of manufacturing at home.

moreluck

golden ticket member
"....There are millions uncovered in any way shape or form ..." (bbsam)

and many of those don't want coverage.....so let's force them to pay for something they don't even want.....and then fine them if they don't comply. That's gestapo tactics.

If you are upset about those uncovered, then just take care of those.....why make the rest of us change when we are comfortable with our present coverage. It's much cheaper to just hook up those that have no medical.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

"....There are millions uncovered in any way shape or form ..." (bbsam)

and many of those don't want coverage.....so let's force them to pay for something they don't even want.....and then fine them if they don't comply. That's gestapo tactics.

So you would rather pay for them, through increased premiums, to use the ER as their walk-in clinics?

moreluck

golden ticket member
So you would rather pay for them, through increased premiums, to use the ER as their walk-in clinics?

You left out the 2nd part of my post (conveniently) here it is..."If you are upset about those uncovered, then just take care of those.....why make the rest of us change when we are comfortable with our present coverage. It's much cheaper to just hook up those that have no medical."

So, I said to "take care of those"..........