Message to all you runners!

QKRSTKR

Nothing wrong with a little daily exercise!!!! In all honesty I came in as a casual Nov 2010 and I ran for 3 seasons never taking lunches and always blowing out routes and finishing my work early and then helped others....every day. This past year I tuned it down a little and started taking my breaks although 1 hour is a little much and still finished my work on time and still helped others...every day. Well I got the life changing phone call this past week and I guess I need to pick a new user name because I finally made the big show. Now I just have to get the next 30 days out of the way. I can pretty much guarantee that if I didn't bust my ass for 3+ seasons running and gunning and get my name recognized then I wouldn't be where I am today. I ran for a different reason....not to get home early but to get hired and I have no doubt that it paid off. I will be more than happy to downshift at this point and travel in the middle lane for the next 25 years.

Are you a off the street hire, or coming from part time? If off street I'd say you are right. We go by seniority for new full time jobs, as long as you qualify, no need to run.

Congrats on getting in full time.

babboo25

Banned
Have you actually witnessed these so called "runners" actually running? Maybe they just work faster, dont chit chat as much as you. Sounds like they are working safe because they still have a job. If it takes you 50 minutes to eat lunch then maybe you should go work at the post office. I take 10-15 minutes, the other 35-40 minutes goes in my wallet. We are only contractually obligated to show "some" lunch. Life is too short for me to waste 5 extra hours a week in my UPS browns.

jaker

trolling
No they don't , they just look on the paper and start assuming things , I get it fom the bitter drivers at my hub but they can never say anything back good because I do what I am supposed to do out there

I still bonus when I have long days , Thursday started at 0800 punch out at 1835 with 145 stops and bonus 65 min

Sounds like I am running and gunning execpt I do it with walking and not talking

S

serenity now

No they don't , they just look on the paper and start assuming things , I get it fom the bitter drivers at my hub but they can never say anything back good because I do what I am supposed to do out there

I still bonus when I have long days , Thursday started at 0800 punch out at 1835 with 145 stops and bonus 65 min

Sounds like I am running and gunning execpt I do it with walking and not talking

how many miles?

S

serenity now

Have you actually witnessed these so called "runners" actually running? Maybe they just work faster, dont chit chat as much as you. Sounds like they are working safe because they still have a job. If it takes you 50 minutes to eat lunch then maybe you should go work at the post office. I take 10-15 minutes, the other 35-40 minutes goes in my wallet. We are only contractually obligated to show "some" lunch. Life is too short for me to waste 5 extra hours a week in my UPS browns.

are you showing lunch and working during that time? bonus center?

S

serenity now

No, I dont work for free. Yes we are a bonus center.

then how does the other 35-40 minutes go in your wallet?
how much lunch are you required to enter into the board each day?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I take my 40 back at the building almost every night. The reason is simple: I have no one to talk to while on break if I take it on area.

Are u that lonely? I just can't stand the thought of being back at the building and not going home.

On the rare occasion that all my break isn't taken before I get back ill be taking a pay actual.

stink219

I take my 40 back at the building almost every night. The reason is simple: I have no one to talk to while on break if I take it on area.

Are u that lonely? I just can't stand the thought of being back at the building and not going home.

On the rare occasion that all my break isn't taken before I get back ill be taking a pay actual.
thought the same thing. I enjoy the peace and quiet of lunch. And yes, I've seen drivers literally RUN. As soon as I punch in they take that hour away. Does a bonus center equate to the same wages. I average 125 stops and work 10 hours a day. 90k a year. I'm an hour to hour and a half paid over everyday. If I ran scratch I'd loose about 15k. How does a bonus center equate?

UPSGUY72

What they don't understand is how we make over $300,000 more than them over the course of our careers. "Hey honey, sorry I could never buy you a house. But at least I'm home an hour earlier than Brownslave and Stink!"

What if they are punching out under 8 and collecting there guaranteed 8. Um didn't think of that did you . Even bot working any ot you would still bring home $65,000 +.

JackStraw

As per contract we have to take lunch between 12-3. As for the runners,more power to 'em. Just don't expect the same from me.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
thought the same thing. I enjoy the peace and quiet of lunch. And yes, I've seen drivers literally RUN. As soon as I punch in they take that hour away. Does a bonus center equate to the same wages. I average 125 stops and work 10 hours a day. 90k a year. I'm an hour to hour and a half paid over everyday. If I ran scratch I'd loose about 15k. How does a bonus center equate?
I'm in a bonus center. Average around 90 stops/day, 220 miles and also work about 10 hours. Run about 8 hours bonus a week paid at time and one half. Shut down from 1:00 to 1:30 everyday for lunch and from 3:40 to 4:00 for breaks.

stink219

What they don't understand is how we make over $300,000 more than them over the course of our careers. "Hey honey, sorry I could never buy you a house. But at least I'm home an hour earlier than Brownslave and Stink!"

What if they are punching out under 8 and collecting there guaranteed 8. Um didn't think of that did you . Even bot working any ot you would still bring home $65,000 +.
Anytime these guys want to compare W2's, I'm game. I'd rather work 10 hours getting 90k instead of 7 at 65k any day.

some1else

Banned
In a bonus center a "runner" would take that route run and do about 170 (25 during "lunch"and 20 extra just running) put his lunch as 12-1 even though he was delivering that whole time. Would get the plan from 8.5 to 9.5-10 and skipping lunch and running will get him off about 90 minutes earlier. In my youth i would take the 45 stops to get the same money and off early no way now!!!
Do you get pension and health care "hours of service" credit for bonus/gaurantee pay?

UPSGUY72

In a bonus center a "runner" would take that route run and do about 170 (25 during "lunch"and 20 extra just running) put his lunch as 12-1 even though he was delivering that whole time. Would get the plan from 8.5 to 9.5-10 and skipping lunch and running will get him off about 90 minutes earlier. In my youth i would take the 45 stops to get the same money and off early no way now!!!

Do you get pension and health care "hours of service" credit for bonus/gaurantee pay?

You only need 1800 hours a year for full Pension credit that works out to 34.6 hours a week.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
You only need 1800 hours a year for full Pension credit that works out to 34.6 hours a week.
Technically speaking, in my local, I could work 45 days for full pension credit. Only need one punch per week and seven weeks vacation would give me my 52.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I'm in a bonus center. Average around 90 stops/day, 220 miles and also work about 10 hours. Run about 8 hours bonus a week paid at time and one half. Shut down from 1:00 to 1:30 everyday for lunch and from 3:40 to 4:00 for breaks.

In my center that's barely scratch.