Met Customer option is now available

HomeDelivery

well after months of using the driver release option "other" and typing in "MC"

it was finally an added option button now during a recent update on Saturday:peaceful:

of course, back then i'd put more than just MC

i'd do something like "MC M DWAY WHT BAG", or "MC friend FD BERRYBOX", or "MC KID SD P", or "MC M G BIGTV"... but now, i don't have to thumb-text as much anymore

having a person sign for something that wasn't a sig-requested parcel wasted time especially if their last names were italian or some long-winded supercalifragilisticexpialidocious name:knockedout:

i'd still try to get a sig for those flat screen tv's still in case the customer is not trust-worthy & will try to claim that his big-screen tv was never delivered... cheapo walmart/amazon not paying extra for a sig:dead:

Doc Sorting Dude

You HD guys spend to much time doing crazy stuff liked you mentioned. If I was getting paid per delivery why would you spend time creating silly entries or getting sig's for a RLS? Many times I've thought how I would have done if Express paid us by Dels/Pups instead of hourly, not sure which one was more lucrative in the long run.

HomeDelivery

i dunno, the addition of the MC button option saves me all that typing in the driver release-other section

win-win

lowers claims/disputes & if they try to do a follow-up, they can easily state what the item was that they're looking for

i get lots of white bags with walmart/macy/victoria secret

or black bags w/ under armor

flat orange envelopes/ shut fly

etc...

STFXG

MC was an option years ago. They got rid of it because it's still your word against theres and if you were going to see the customer you should get a sig anyways. That was the logic for getting rid of it. Glad we got it back though. More accurate than just releasing it to the front door.

HomeDelivery

yea, if it's a questionable customer, i'd go for the sig...

otherwise, if in a safe suburban setting & the customer seems trust-worthy, then i'm hitting MC & moving on to the next stop... soo far this past year or more, no repercussions about using that option when i typed it out (zero claims/disputes)

UPS has those bad dr areas marked as "no-dr areas" they'll need a sig from the customer or they have to go pick the parcels up at the counter themselves "will call" ?

MaineGroundDriver

We had that button show up for a day or 2 mid-peak .. then disappear .. I noticed it was back this week .. I like .. saves me typing exactly what the button says .. "MET CUSTOMER" under other .. during peak I got lazy and just started typing "H2h"

STFXG

I always just driver released to
"Porch" when I met the customer. That way I knew when I had met them. Having porch, front door, side door and back door seems a bit redundant. Anyone have a porch that doesn't have a door?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I always just driver released to
"Porch" when I met the customer. That way I knew when I had met them. Having porch, front door, side door and back door seems a bit redundant. Anyone have a porch that doesn't have a door?

We have three pages of driver release options.

Using "porch" rather than "MC" may make it more difficult to get a positive response on a driver follow up.

STFXG

We have three pages of driver release options.

Using "porch" rather than "MC" may make it more difficult to get a positive response on a driver follow up.
Agreed. We only have a few options and a box for "other" where you can leave a description of where it was released. When they got rid of the MC option we were told not to manually enter MC in the "Other" box as an explanation and were instructed that we should get a signature in that situation. In other words, waste time.

Porch was a convenient way for me to know if I had met them in the case of a dispute. (I have a disputed delivery once every year or two and the company has only paid 1 claim in all my years. That claim is a long story involving a dishonest customer).

STFXG

We don't have to leave door tags on the package anymore and we have MC back. Things are looking up!

HomeDelivery

When they got rid of the MC option we were told not to manually enter MC in the "Other" box as an explanation and were instructed that we should get a signature in that situation. In other words, waste time.

ha, they didn't tell me that since i typed other stuff besides MC in the "Other" box... usually when they encounter a possible dispute, they can read all that crap that i quickly typed in the box to resolve it without me doing a follow-up/trace

HomeDelivery

Wish they would put "gate" in the DR options so I could quit typing it in. I don't open gates.

We have three pages of driver release options

and "gate" isn't one of them?!? :consoling:

we only have one screen with less than 10 options... KISS method works or else we dumb box monkeys will be as confused as some of your helpers/package mules when dealing with the scanner/diad:drinkntypesmili1: