Metal rollers and T stands

working up a sweat

The hub I work in was built in 1997. Country club compared to previous set up. 1987-1997 was an old World War 2 hanger. 1997 to present next door is a state of the art UPS Hub.

U

uber

I'm working in a 2 year old $90 million dollar state of the art hub. Which is already starting to fall apart. I remember those days of rollers and T-stands though. I don't miss them one bit.

Johnny815

We have 3 belts in my hub. When I started working there about 4 years ago, I was put on the only belt with rollers. It sucked!! I had to load the heaviest trailer with rollers or load the next trailer which was a drop-frame. Dislocated my back in that trailer. Don't miss it one bit since I went to the sort aisle.

curiousbrain

Rollers, T-stands, load stands, and buckets to rest the rollers on so the pitch is right. Otherwise, the old "extendos" (although they are not really extendos) will literally fall out of the sockets they are in. Also, irregular carts are large carts with 5 to 7 small wheels, so that any large amount of weight put on them results in them grinding (as opposed to rolling) across the floor; more often than not, they just fall over because of some point of resistance.

But .. I digress.

upsman2940

We had a feeder driver once that couldn't get the legs of his pup to come down so he called his sup.... He was told to use jack stands till a mech was available.... So he saw the t stands and put one under it.... Then decided one wasn't enough so he put 2 and dropped the pup!! Need I say more!?

badpal.

avoiding brown kool-aid
Our primary belt got extendos about 3 yrs ago...local sort still uses rollers and t-stands. Don't miss it one bit!

menotyou

bella amicizia
OUr whole little center has one belt. Reverse for local sort, forward for preload. 3 doors for feeders. 16 or so doors for package cars. Mechanic in the corner. Women's room is one toilet, five lockers. Men's room has two, but they actually have a locker room. Picnic table under the stairwell(for the attic) for the break area.

That's how small my center is. I wish I had known that you need to be careful where you apply, as you can't transfer. Like Hell, you are there FOREVER!!!!!!!

barnyard

KTM rider
Our center has 4 or 5 belts, we will not get extendos until we move to a new building, which will not happen in my career.