MetLife Auto Ins seems to have a decent UPS discount, can anyone recommend them?

WyoBrown

Im shopping insurance and got a quote from MetLife, who apparently have a UPS discount? Their quote is decent but I want to make sure their service is too. Does anyone out there use MetLife for auto insurance?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Im shopping insurance and got a quote from MetLife, who apparently have a UPS discount? Their quote is decent but I want to make sure their service is too. Does anyone out there use MetLife for auto insurance?

Only complaint I have heard is that they drop you like a hot potato if you file a claim.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
And if you do have an accident, it will be your fault no matter what. Just like UPS.:biting:

Except at MetLife it cost you more money while at UPS it will affect your getting a Safe Driving Award gift.

Oh wait, no gifts anymore! So what does it matter at UPS?

rod

Retired 22 years
Every company gives discounts to sign you up -- but they start jacking their prices up almost imidiately. I think my Dad had the right idea. He would shop insurance companies every year comparing apples to apples. He very seldom had the same one 2 years in a row. I think he made a game of it.

klein

Für Meno :)
Well, they have online quotes now. Do a few of them. I just switched mine after my old one run out. A savings of almost 50% !

But guess what ? Even though my old insurance ran out, on the date I paid up to. (policy end). I just received a bill from them for $161.00.

They can screw themselves. I didn't renew it !

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

One of the best ways to save money on auto insurance is to have two or more insurance polices with the same carrier. I have State Farm for my auto and condo policies and receive discounts on both for doing so. You can also save 10% off of the comp/collision coverage if you take a Defensive Driving Course. I did ask my salesman if the training that we receive at UPS would qualify for any additional discounts and he said it does not. Also, increasing the deductibles will lower your premium, but you have to determine how much you want to pay out of pocket as opposed to how much you want to pay every 6 months.

over9five

Staff member
We have a discount on our auto insurance (Commerce) for having an AAA membership. It's 5 or 10%. Something to check into!

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I have my home, auto and motorcycle with GMAC. Very happy with them. Great discounts for UPSers. I saved well over 1000.00 every 6 mos switching my GMC to them from Allstate.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
She;s a UPS driver with a gun. High risk !
High risk? hmmmmmm I wasn't drinking on the job and I can legally carry a gun. You, however, cannot say the same thing.

Maybe you should not open your mouth with learning how to use smilies. I am far from high risk.

Last edited:

klein

Für Meno :)
No matter what some of you may think. As far as I'm concerned. My job was done, truck in depot, cash and turn in done.
No longer a danger to UPS.

But thats ok. If they want to play that way, they can shove thier job where the sunshine don't shine.

I pay $636.00 per yr auto, and $155.00 home.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I really don't give a damm what you think Klein and you and your opinions on gun laws and pit bulls can stay the hell in canada.