Mexico was wonderful........9 months until I retire

Discussion in 'Life After Brown' started by Maple Grove MN Driver, Feb 19, 2014.

1. Maple Grove MN Driver

Maple Grove MN Driver I like Money

What happened around here while I was in Mexico?

2. upschuck

upschuck Avatar bet gone wrong

The women were not satisfied.

3. upschuck

Habla espanol?

4. Lots of typing

5. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

You were gone?

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  6. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Kind of my thoughts.

I assumed he left like all the other 1 hit wonders.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  7. cosmo1

cosmo1 Just another internet hooligan.

We cried ourselves to sleep every night worrying about you.

Not really. Now I have to put you on ignore.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  8. The post Office, bought out UPS. Besides that, nothing much!

9. Overpaid Union Thug

Overpaid Union Thug Well-Known Member

I'm going to Mexico in June. For two weeks. :happy_new_year:

10. cosmo1

cosmo1 Just another internet hooligan.

Mod question: can I insinuate somebody is a DB without getting moderated?

Just wondering.

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  11. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

You might have to re-think your retirement plans. The market dropped a little since the first of the year. Not sure 4.3 million will be enough.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  12. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Lol I just told my wife this db@g on browncafe is apparently back from Mexico.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  13. Returntosender

Returntosender Well-Known Member

4+ million in USD must be a least 100 million Mexican Pesos. You could live like the King of the Mexico with that money.

14. over9five

over9five Moderator Staff Member

Wow, tough crowd!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  15. upschuck

Lots of snow for some folks. We failed at delivering Valentines this year. Same stuff, different holiday.

16. moreluck

moreluck golden ticket member

can you say Immodium AD ??

17. cachsux

cachsux Wah

One of us got lucky.

18. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

[​IMG]

19. moreluck

moreluck golden ticket member

Don't know if it's true, but a long time ago I remember reading where if you buy a house or lot in Mexico they can take it away from you......not like in the U.S. where you buy and it's yours.

Found this....

Purchasing Property
    Foreigners can own land in Mexico. If you find property in the restricted zone (within 50 kilometers of the coast or 100 kilometers of the border), you will need to apply for a fideicomiso. In this trust agreement, a Mexican bank takes title to the property. You, as the owner, will still enjoy virtually all rights, including using, selling, and naming a beneficiary to the land. In the interior of Mexico, you can own property in your own name. To do so, you will need to have an escritura (deed) prepared by a Mexican notary public.
    The notary public will play a very active role in the purchase of land. In Mexico, all legal documents must be signed before the notary public to be legitimate. Ask yours to check that all debts and necessary payments have been made on the land. If you are purchasing land from a developer, have the notary public affirm that there are permits for development and construction included. Do not sign anything until you have a clear understanding of what the document says.
    In addition, consider the following:
    1. Avoid purchasing land labeled as “egido.” This is communal agricultural land and can be a legal headache. It is best to stay away from it.
    2. Ask about water, sewer, and electrical connections. If these are not readily available, it can be very expensive to hook them up.
    3. Check into city ordinances. Some areas, such as Cozumel, only allow construction on a certain percentage of the property and issue height limits.
    Avoid getting wrapped up in “margarita fever” (initial excitement upon seeing the advantages of living in Mexico). Instead, take the steps one at a time. Do plenty of research, ask questions, and stay away from anything that seems suspicious to you. Pacing yourself throughout the process will help you find land you are ultimately satisfied with.

http://www.transitionsabroad.com/listings/living/articles/building_a_house_in_mexico.shtml

20. Overpaid Union Thug

Overpaid Union Thug Well-Known Member

Yes but I can also say "agua embotellada por favor" and "No me gusta la comida Mexicana"