Mexico was wonderful........9 months until I retire

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Meanwhile-in-Mexico...jpg

Packmule

Not sure id go to Mexico for moral reasons right now. That's one country that needs a kick in the butt for their corruption, drugs and allowing their people to illegally infiltrate a foreign nation.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
"
Not sure id go to Mexico for moral reasons right now. That's one country that needs a kick in the butt for their corruption, drugs and allowing their people to illegally infiltrate a foreign nation.
Who is buying the drugs?

Where is all the money that causes the corruption coming from?

Is it really fair to blame Mexico for the fact that most Americans are unwilling to do the jobs that the Mexicans are crossing our borders to do?

If there is a "kick in the butt" to be dished out I think that the United States is every bit as deserving of one as Mexico.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
I'm on another board about fishing. A guy from there retired, sold everything he owned, bought a 5th wheel trailer and moved to Paamul, Mexico. A landowner opened up a large RV park, and it is filled with retired Americans. You rent the land, but you buy the palapa (a native thatched roof) that covers your rv and also provides an open air home. It is gated and guarded. included in your rent is all utilities and garbage. You can walk out your door and swim and snorkel. The guy who moved down there loves it, and posts on the fishing website regularly. He had a 29 year old senorita move in with him. unfortunately, that didn't go over too well with his wife. She is back in the states. He claims a 3:1 ratio, women to men. A "target rich environment" he says. haha it is about 15 minutes from Playa Del Carmen.

Packmule

"
Who is buying the drugs?

Where is all the money that causes the corruption coming from?

Is it really fair to blame Mexico for the fact that most Americans are unwilling to do the jobs that the Mexicans are crossing our borders to do?

If there is a "kick in the butt" to be dished out I think that the United States is every bit as deserving of one as Mexico.
True enough. But the US side of this will hopefully see the first step toward fixing this in November.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
Dave, I was referring to the women to men ratio, not violence. As a matter of fact, the guy says there is no crime whatsoever where he lives. Their community is gated with guards that walk around the premises 24/7. He said you can leave a bicycle in your front yard and it will be there next year.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I'm on another board about fishing. A guy from there retired, sold everything he owned, bought a 5th wheel trailer and moved to Paamul, Mexico. A landowner opened up a large RV park, and it is filled with retired Americans. You rent the land, but you buy the palapa (a native thatched roof) that covers your rv and also provides an open air home. It is gated and guarded. included in your rent is all utilities and garbage. You can walk out your door and swim and snorkel. The guy who moved down there loves it, and posts on the fishing website regularly. He had a 29 year old senorita move in with him. unfortunately, that didn't go over too well with his wife. She is back in the states. He claims a 3:1 ratio, women to men. A "target rich environment" he says. haha it is about 15 minutes from Playa Del Carmen.

I would be worried about access to good medical care, as well as how much that "guard" is being paid. An older American in an RV in Mexico means $$$ and unlike the USA the bad guys know you don't have a gun.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
In order to live there, you have to prove that you have a certain amount of income. Not sure what that amount is. Yeah I'd be afraid of the medical aspect as well. I had an uncle who retired down there and he flew into the states every couple of months to use his VA benefits.