MFE being quoted

ManInBrown

Great line I got from a Ground Clown a few weeks ago. I noticed this "employee" leaves the bulkhead door open and the truck running at every stop. Truck is also out of sight. These are medical office buildings I see him at. So not only could someone steal the truck. But there are medical deliveries onboard. So when I see him a couple weeks ago I say

Me-Do you own the route?
Him-No. I work for the owner.
Me-Aren't you afraid someone is going to hop in and steal the truck?
Him-I hope someone does steal it.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Great line I got from a Ground Clown a few weeks ago. I noticed this "employee" leaves the bulkhead door open and the truck running at every stop. Truck is also out of sight. These are medical office buildings I see him at. So not only could someone steal the truck. But there are medical deliveries onboard. So when I see him a couple weeks ago I say

Me-Do you own the route?
Him-No. I work for the owner.
Me-Aren't you afraid someone is going to hop in and steal the truck?
Him-I hope someone does steal it.
You get what you pay for.

$625 a week with no benefits.

For basically the same job we do.

No wonder he WANTS the truck stolen.

bbsam

Staff member
When was the last time you were interviewed?

Spot on. Scammy's just grumpy that things at Ground aren't all roses and clover.
Good ball. I'm being complimentary. The reporter did a Google search. He should have sat across from MFE and hashed it out.

Bounty

Good ball. I'm being complimentary. The reporter did a Google search. He should have sat across from MFE and hashed it out.
I'm just curious bbsam, even the guys that are in it for the long hall at my terminal are not as pro fedex as you. Are you really a contractor or a higher up at fedex. You just seem way to defensive for the company.

bbsam

Staff member
I'm just curious bbsam, even the guys that are in it for the long hall at my terminal are not as pro fedex as you. Are you really a contractor or a higher up at fedex. You just seem way to defensive for the company.
I don't think I am pro FedEx. What I am is cynical about any attempt at taking them on. MFE has been quoted a couple times but when he tries to get a reporter involved to really get the story out there, nothing. Why? Does the media not care?

When an online petition to get the Whitehouse to address the business practices employed by FDX was active, the 100,000 needed signatures fell short...by over 99,000.

Lawyers eager to take on the IC structure have nothing to say in ISP states. Doesn't that seem the least bit odd to you?

FDX has things the way they want them. You either do business with them on their terms or you go elsewhere. It's no different than the revolving door at Express. They have the structure to call the shots; whether you and I like it is beside the point. They simply don't care and nothing you or I do will make them care.

Don't believe me? Pick up the phone and call the networks. Call 60 minutes. Call the Christian Science Monitor. Call Time magazine. Call your local news outlets. They don't care either.

We are on our own. Work within the guidelines of FDX or leave. Nobody cares.

CJinx

They didn't check his credentials before quoting him. His statement holds significantly less weight when you realize that MFE is an entry level Express lackey who hates his job and the company he works for and not a Ground contractor who would have the experience and first-hand knowledge to make such comments. It really is a shame that the author chose an anonymous post on Brown Cafe to quote because I'm sure that there are plenty of former and current contractors out there who might say the exact same thing but actually have the background and experience to qualify those statements.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
/
They didn't check his credentials before quoting him. His statement holds significantly less weight when you realize that MFE is an entry level Express lackey who hates his job and the company he works for and not a Ground contractor who would have the experience and first-hand knowledge to make such comments. It really is a shame that the author chose an anonymous post on Brown Cafe to quote because I'm sure that there are plenty of former and current contractors out there who might say the exact same thing but actually have the background and experience to qualify those statements.

I'm a 30 plus year Express employee with an advanced degree in a business field who has been around since before RPS even started. RPS was a scam, where the contractors were lucky to net $30k for a 60+ hour week. Why, oh why do you think Uncle Fred loved this business model, which was UPS Brown on the cheap, with an all owner-operator set-up. Then, Fred diverted hundreds of millions of Express profits to build-up the Ground infrastructure, stealing whenever and wherever he could from Express employees.

Smith gutted Express, and screwed his base of loyal employees straight in the butt, and he continues to take a poke whenever he can extract a few more dollars from us. Ground is the child of Express, and Express-style TMs run Ground the same way Express managers run Express, micromanaging every aspect they can. Sure, Ground has ISPs who are "independent", but totally dependent at the same time because it isn't really their business to run at all. Fred gives them a cut, but he runs the show.

As Smith built political power and alliances, he made sure Ground was covered and protected. The original model has lost-out legally time after time because courts rule that Ground drivers were (and are) employees. The ISP model is simply legal maneuvering that has, so far, made the new Ground business model above board.

FedEx Ground is a low-ball, low-rent operation that is unsafe, purely concerned about profit, and a magnet for low achievers such as yourself. Yes, I know nothing about Ground. Just look at their FMCSA score to see how "safe" the operation is. You and Dano should get together.

CJinx

30 years in the business with an advanced degree, and yet you stay doing ground floor work. You could have moved on. You could have moved up. You could have moved over to UPS and made scads more money doing the same work (on this very forum, you could have been Upstate :p). Instead, in your finite wisdom you chose to stay with Express. Who's really the low achiever?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
30 years in the business with an advanced degree, and yet you stay doing ground floor work. You could have moved on. You could have moved up. You could have moved over to UPS and made scads more money doing the same work (on this very forum, you could have been Upstate :p). Instead, in your finite wisdom you chose to stay with Express. Who's really the low achiever?

I don't care for administrative work or the 4 walls of a cubicle. I do other things to supplement my income, like investing and selling real estate. One of the reasons I stay is just to have some insurance, and another is to torment company lackeys such as yourself.

Just being part of Ground is like having an STD.

FedGT

/

a magnet for low achievers such as yourself.

Low achievers huh? Talk all the crap on the company and the model if you want, but keep the personal attacks out of it. I guarantee you I am at least 20 years younger than you, guaranteed I have made more than you trading in the markets and investing, had multiple investment properties succeed. Now on top of all of that I own a virtual recessionproof company to fund other investment opportunities that grows at 5-15% a year with no investment in sales to get that growth.
You sir compared to me are a "low achiever"