MFE being quoted

Bounty

The contractor model is a scam, and has cost fedex hundreds of millions of$ and will cost hundreds of millions with the pending lawsuits. Not including the new lawsuits that ISP will cause. I know it will be a few years but I can't wait.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The contractor model is a scam, and has cost fedex hundreds of millions of$ and will cost hundreds of millions with the pending lawsuits. Not including the new lawsuits that ISP will cause. I know it will be a few years but I can't wait.

Spend millions to make billions? Sounds like a plan to me.

bbsam

Staff member
That's pert of the new Agreement that many find troubling. We have to agree to go to mediaton rather than be part of class action suits.

FedGT

Very, very wrong. Contractor model has cost FedEx nothing. It has had a minor set back of a few hundred million over the last 10 years compared to the 3 billion it brings in per quarter.

A 10% cost of a single quarter to settle years of lawsuits I would hardly call "costing FedEx"

MAKAVELI

Very, very wrong. Contractor model has cost FedEx nothing. It has had a minor set back of a few hundred million over the last 10 years compared to the 3 billion it brings in per quarter.

A 10% cost of a single quarter to settle years of lawsuits I would hardly call "costing FedEx"
Ground does not profit 3 billion a quarter.

upsyo

So as FedEx looses these lawsuits.... could UPS sue FedEx for damages to its own business because Fedex was operating illegally and undercutting UPS?

MAKAVELI

Where did I say profit? Bring in, in terms of business they bring in per quarter.
Just wanted to clarify your statement. A few hundred million is not " nothing ". Sure in the grand SCAM that ground is, it's a small percentage of the total profits. But by no means does FedEx view those costs of as " nothing ". They do view them as the cost of keeping the SCAM going. And those costs will only increase in the years to come as $228 million was paid just to California. There will be more states to settle with.

FedGT

Just wanted to clarify your statement. A few hundred million is not " nothing ". Sure in the grand SCAM that ground is, it's a small percentage of the total profits. But by no means does FedEx view those costs of as " nothing ". They do view them as the cost of keeping the SCAM going. And those costs will only increase in the years to come as $228 million was paid just to California. There will be more states to settle with.

I don't think you can quote "nothing" since I did not say that. I said it was a minor setback, which it is. Even with more settlements a quarter billion every few years is still a minor set back to the growth monster which is FedEx Ground.

FedGT

Your words not mine.

That was attributed to something else. You are not grasping the meaning of what I said.

Was not to imply, there was no financial cost but to infer that if your cost to do business is $200,000,000 in 10 years but what you get out of it is $300,000,000 per quarter this is not costing FedEx anything compared to if they did not have the Ground segment at all.

The statement I was referring to was:
Which is an untrue statement. Because how could this model be costing FedEx hundreds of millions when they have profited BILLIONS over the years. So once again I will stand by what I said if this model is producing billions in profits and costs hundreds of millions over 5,10,15 years spans. The model is not costing FedEx anything since they are coming ahead at ridiculous levels over their cost.