mgt dating

UPS Lifer

If I was still working and you came up to me and asked me that question I would tell you not to put your dip stick into the company oil well! You are playing with fire when you date co-workers. If things don't work out you will see this person everyday. If things get serious, there are those who may hit on your significant other and this will not set well with you.

Workplace violence cases seemed to more times than not, revolve around some romance situation or triangle.

... and then there is the sexual harassment that could hang over your head. Supervisors are real vulnerable to this. Chances are it will be harder to do your job!

Do I need to go on?

My final comment would be (if you were one of my supervisors) don't let me catch you dating anyone in my operation.

browndevil

Re: mgt dating employees

I have seen mgmt & mgmt date. Same sex too. But where I work people don't care and neither do I. But I think it is a company policy not to.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid

Yes they can date but if Corporate finds out the manager will get fired. We have a feeder driver who wanted to get married to a part-time sup...she had to get permission and agree to never go into full time management.

drewed

Shankman

YEA its pretty much a automatic firing bc most ppl try to CTA and lie, then its an integrity issue

ol'browneye

A couple I know met at UPS. He was her supervisor and they worked in the office. They kept it secret but he quit and got another job. When the higher ups found out they were getting married and realized they had to have been dating while they were both employed at UPS, they fired her!

H

hseofpayne

YEA its pretty much a automatic firing bc most ppl try to CTA and lie, then its an integrity issue
We had one manager sleeping with another managers wife. The guy was letting the other manager stay at his house during peak so he didn't have to drive so far back to his house. Sleeping with his wife was how the other manager repaid his hospitality. Now that's a lack of integrity! However, UPS didn't fire him, they just adjusted their schedules where they were never in the bldg at the same time. It's hard for the hourly employees to respect this man, we think he should have been fired. We have also had female(barely) management date female hourlys, again, nothing happened. But when a male driver wanted to marry a female porter, all heck broke loose. Driver quit, owns several old RPS/Fed-Ex routes now.

filthpig

Don't :censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2: where you eat.
That said, as far as I know, hourlies can date, etc. For management, it's much stickier. It's frowned upon for sure and it probably all depends on who your boss is, which we all know can change rather quickly.

I have known of three husband and wife drivers in the same center. The only problem is is one wants to go to management, they can't.
Management is stricter because the company does not want a manger to be in the position of being able to further the position of their spouse's rank in the company.

UPS Lifer

I think we need to clear up one point... Relationships between management folks do not constitute an "automatic firing". This is just not true. Years and years ago you could make a valid case for this but not now!

Two supervisors that I was close to got married and kept their same positions. One person was in HR with a promising career to move up to manager. It remains to be seen if this person will get a chance....

There is usually something that we may not be aware of to cause someone to get fired or have to leave the company.

For example, I also know of one division manager who had an affair with a feeder driver's wife and he left the company. He may have been given the option to resign or be separated. I say that because I know this person and he would not resign on his own!

writer

Preoad Supervisor
Interesting we are told we aren't to. However, on page 23 of the Policy Book provision is made if marriage takes place. LOL.

"...we discourage continuation of the full-time or part-time employment of any employee who marries another employee while either person holds a management position."

Never does it say one must quit or be fired.

UPS Lifer

Interesting we are told we aren't to. However, on page 23 of the Policy Book provision is made if marriage takes place. LOL.

"...we discourage continuation of the full-time or part-time employment of any employee who marries another employee while either person holds a management position."

Never does it say one must quit or be fired.

The real problem lies with a bad breakup or unprofessionalism because of the relationship. You never know if or how these relationships are going to play out. If you have decided to make a career at UPS or any company, than you could be hurting your chances for success.

writer

Preoad Supervisor
The real problem lies with a bad breakup or unprofessionalism because of the relationship. You never know if or how these relationships are going to play out. If you have decided to make a career at UPS or any company, than you could be hurting your chances for success.

UPS is one of the few companies that say anything about this anymore. Kind of like facial hair! 2 drivers in our center are married.

tieguy

Banned
I think I saw a poll somewhere one that showed doing the boss was the six highest rated fantasy.
With my luck reporting the boss for sexual harrassment would be number 5:happy-very:

confucious say the boss have all the power unless you do him then you have all the power.:happy-very:

over9five

Staff member
.....and Tie is management and never had a problem dating me! We kept it professional (as much as possible) in the workplace.