Michael Moore Hit in the Face with Reality?

oldngray

nowhere special
Moore starts with a grain of truth then adds a lot of fiction to support his agenda. Of course anything that would refute him is either ignored or ridiculed in very biased ways. I did like his first film (about GM) but he used that as a springboard to create steadily worse hit pieces on anything he disagreed with, Not even close to being documentaries. If you treat them as fiction you might enjoy them but don't ever think of them as factual.

rickyb

just saw michael moores new movie where to invade next.

the french get amazing school meals. like fresh fish, and they have a real chef.

on french pay checks it shows where the taxes go. theres a long list unlike america which has 3 things. michael moore made a point of 60% of taxes in america going to the war machine. he also said in america when you have to pay out of pocket for college or retirement homes, or childcare, you can think of that as a tax. he pointed out that the french pay marginally more taxes than america.

the germans work 36 hours a week and get paid for 40. in big german corporations 50% of the boards of directors are made up of workers. this is capitalism, but its an example how theres not just 1 kind of capitalism. its a step in the right direction towards worker control of their jobs. the germans are apparently taught every day in school about the holocaust, and they apparently have signs around which used to show laws during the holocaust like "jews can only sit on the yellow benches" or whatever. moore suggested america adopt its own signs to remind americans of what the laws were during killing the natives, or slavery with the blacks. one sign was "all florida natives would have to relocate to oklahoma".

in portugal they have decriminalized all drugs for 15 years, and have focused on the healthcare aspect of it. the portugese cops encourged america to stop the death penalty.

michael moore also called the american for profit prison system slavery. in norway in the maximum security prison, the prisoners have their own shower so they dont have to worry about getting raped. and i forget which prison, but he cops were unarmed, and there was 4 cops for 120 immates or something.

he visited finland and they sent alot of bankers to jail and didnt bail out the banks and hte economy has recovered better than many countries apparently.

he visited italy where the workers get 6 weeks or so vacation. they can also bank vacation days, so the police officer had 90 vacation days banked. they also get a 1 month worth of pay, called the 13th month. they also get an extra 2 weeks if they get married for honeymoon.

he also showed how in some countries when they tried to implement or increase tuition the students organized and protested, but in america they are indifferent.

rickyb

michael moore said something about the south eastern states having to do with africans not being able to vote because of criminal record and that being the cause of them being red states. i think he said the african population is so large that they would normally vote democrat but because of rascist laws stopping them from voting they are red.

moreluck

golden ticket member
michael moore said something about the south eastern states having to do with africans not being able to vote because of criminal record and that being the cause of them being red states. i think he said the african population is so large that they would normally vote democrat but because of rascist laws stopping them from voting they are red.
Anyone who listens to Michael Moose .....well, fill in your own .....

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
the man made it sound like prisoner rape had been eliminated because they put in individual showers. As I am sure you can tell him there may be other places it happens.
Nice attempt at an insult. But ya I would agree..... if the six seasons of OZ I watched taught me anything, it's that there's plenty of places to get raped in american prisons. Not sure what your point is though. I still find it interesting that of the multiple rambling points he tried to make you focused on male on male butt rape.

newfie

Nice attempt at an insult. But ya I would agree..... if the six seasons of OZ I watched taught me anything, it's that there's plenty of places to get raped in american prisons. Not sure what your point is though. I still find it interesting that of the multiple rambling points he tried to make you focused on male on male butt rape.

I imagine you did find the subject interesting.