Michele Bachman gets called onto the carpet! By a high schooler!

Buddybrown

Umm, did you forget reality baba...??

In 1992, the democrats lost control of the house and senate. The dems didnt take over control of the house and senate until nov 07, in the last 2 years of bush. The damage was done in the first 5 years of bush. It was nothing more than a rollercoster ride down the big hill from there.

What did you think happened?

Peace.

Your shooting money avatar is pointed at a mirror. The democrats don't know, don't care and will never even understand how to make a buck without government. They're fiscally irresponsible and morally inept. Obama is a first class liar and you subscribe to his nothingness. What happened to transparency, what happened to gitmo, what happened to ending the wars??? When will you and others of your suspended disbelieve ever realize that you belong in "Greece" with the rest of the entitled SOB''''s

glgl

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Your shooting money avatar is pointed at a mirror. The democrats don't know, don't care and will never even understand how to make a buck without government. They're fiscally irresponsible and morally inept. Obama is a first class liar and you subscribe to his nothingness. What happened to transparency, what happened to gitmo, what happened to ending the wars??? When will you and others of your suspended disbelieve ever realize that you belong in "Greece" with the rest of the entitled SOB''''s

glgl

Wow, watch FOX news much??

let me think about tearing this post apart, I dont know whether to waste my time or really bother to inform you as you probably wouldnt know what to do with the information.

Peace.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Michele bachman as a candidate has as much chance of being elected as donald trump did.

All the tough talk about being a "fiscal conservative" yet her record demonstrates something completely different. You have to love this "new" found conservative attitudes in the republican party. Lets take a look at Michelle Bachmans baggage:
images

When it comes to Minnesota Republican Rep. Michele Bachmann, the Tea Party rhetoric doesn’t always match the record. Should she launch a serious bid for president, Bachmann would likely find herself defending a slew of questionable votes and decisions, including on earmarks, pardons and farm subsidies.

Bachmann’s penchant for earmarks dates back to her days in the Minnesota state Senate. Despite her reputation as a fiscal conservative, from 2001-2006, then-state Senator Bachmann proposed more than $60 million in earmarks, including a $710,000 “Bond For Centerville Local Improvements Around Highway 14″ and a $40,000,000 “Bond for Lino Lakes And Columbus Township Highway Interchanges.”

Doug Sachtleben, Bachmann’s communications director, sought to explain the earmarks, arguing that voters resent “taking money from taxpayers in one state to pay for a host of wasteful projects in other states.” He added that voters “also expect that things like road projects should be done at the state level, where voters can have a say through the selling of bonds.” These are not absurd arguments — bridges have to get build somehow — but Tea Party activists may find the argument that earmarks are fine at the state level as appealing as Mitt Romney’s argument that individual health care mandates are fine so long as they are enacted at the state level.

The federalist argument is also severely undercut by the fact that since joining the U.S. Congress in 2007, Bachmann has appropriated more than $3.7 million in earmarks. What is more, when Republicans sought an earmark moratorium, Bachmann pushed to exclude transportation projects from the ban.
Bachmann may also be plagued by her involvement in a controversial pardon. In 2007, Bachmann wrote a letter requesting a presidential pardon for a convicted drug-smuggler and money-launderer named Frank Vennes. Vennes was convicted of money laundering in 1988 and pleaded no contest to a cocaine and weapons charge. Making matters worse, he and his wife donated a total of $27,600 to Bachmann’s 2006 and 2008 election.

On October 2, 2008, Rep. Bachmann wrote a second letter after Vennes’ home was raided by federal agents investigating his connection to a billion dollar Ponzi scheme, this time admitting: “Regrettably, it now appears that I may have too hastily accepted his [Frank Vennes] claims of redemption and I must withdraw my previous letter.” Bachmann’s spokesman tells me, Rep. Bachmann “has remained disassociated from Mr. Vennes and is saddened by the latest charges that were filed against him.” Some have questioned whether or not evangelical Christians like Bachmann may be naive when it comes to claims of redemption. Should Bachmann’s campaign gain steam, she will likely have to answer questions about her judgment.

Bachmann’s fiscally conservative positions will also need to be squared with the fact that from 1995-2009, the Bachmann Family Farm (still listed as being owned by her deceased father-in-law) collected $259,332 in federal farm subsidies. According to financial disclosures, Bachmann has personally reported income of between $15,001-$50,000 from “Bachmann Family Farm LP. Bachmann & Associates.” (Additionally, the Christian psychology clinic run by Bachmann’s husband, Marcus, has received nearly $30,000 in state funding since 2007.)
Bachmann’s team tells me the family farm was put in a trust in order to provide for succession, which means that while the financial disclosure paperwork shows her as benefiting by virtue of her role as trustee, she has not received any of the money and is not involved in any operational decisions. Nevertheless, for a candidate who portrays herself as a paragon of fiscal conservatism, this may raise difficult questions.

Putting aside questions of ideology and judgment, Bachmann’s effectiveness as a legislator will almost certainly come into question if she begins to gain traction as a candidate. Since becoming a member of the U.S. Congress in 2007, even her fans concede that her legislative career has been relatively unremarkable. During an interview with The Daily Caller, Matt Kibbe, president and CEO of FreedomWorks, called her an “articulate spokesman” for the Tea Party, but added: “She doesn’t have a long list of legislative accomplishments.”
In fact, during her four years and four months in Congress, Bachmann has sponsored and passed only two bills (one recognizing the 150th anniversary of Minnesota and one honoring public child welfare agencies) and three resolutions. (Note: Her Healthcare Fiscal Accountability Act in the current Congress has 91 co-sponsors and her St. Croix River crossing legislation has bipartisan co-sponsorship and the support of Democratic Minnesota Gov. Mark Dayton. She is also talking with Democratic Minnesota Sen. Amy Klobuchar about working together on this issue.)

Another concern about Bachmann has to do with her ability to manage and retain her congressional office staffers. Bachmann’s high turnover is a running joke on the Hill. As one conservative staffer who wished to remain anonymous told TheDC: “Any member of Congress who goes through five chiefs [of staff] is a nightmare.” (Bachmann is now on her fifth chief of staff in five years.) Former Minnesota GOP Chairman Ron Carey, who served as a Bachmann chief of staff, resigned from Bachmann’s staff after just five months. Carey recently told an AP reporter, “I don’t believe she would be ready for the position of the president of the United States.”

Sounds like another wannabee like Huckabee!

Peace.

Michele bachman as a candidate has as much chance of being elected as donald trump did.

All the tough talk about being a "fiscal conservative" yet her record demonstrates something completely different. You have to love this "new" found conservative attitudes in the republican party. Lets take a look at Michelle Bachmans baggage:
images

When it comes to Minnesota Republican Rep. Michele Bachmann, the Tea Party rhetoric doesn’t always match the record. Should she launch a serious bid for president, Bachmann would likely find herself defending a slew of questionable votes and decisions, including on earmarks, pardons and farm subsidies.
That's a little strange, I don't remember 0bama being to willing to defend himself for his very short past records and extensive affiliations. Maybe it's because she is female.

Bachmann’s penchant for earmarks dates back to her days in the Minnesota state Senate. Despite her reputation as a fiscal conservative, from 2001-2006, then-state Senator Bachmann proposed more than $60 million in earmarks, including a $710,000 “Bond For Centerville Local Improvements Around Highway 14″ and a $40,000,000 “Bond for Lino Lakes And Columbus Township Highway Interchanges.”

Not knowing the geography of Mn. all that well or the extent of the improvements, it's hard to tell if these two proposals should actually be called "earmarks". Of course earmark or not, it is spending of state tax payer money.

Doug Sachtleben, Bachmann’s communications director, sought to explain the earmarks, arguing that voters resent “taking money from taxpayers in one state to pay for a host of wasteful projects in other states.” He added that voters “also expect that things like road projects should be done at the state level, where voters can have a say through the selling of bonds.” These are not absurd arguments — bridges have to get build somehow — but Tea Party activists may find the argument that earmarks are fine at the state level as appealing as Mitt Romney’s argument that individual health care mandates are fine so long as they are enacted at the state level.
The argument that Sachtleben offers is sound on both points, state money spent on state projects and the selling of bonds. The author's comparison of bond elections and Romney's healthcare law is unequal merit. The voters get to decide if a bond election is passed or not, the voters had no vote on the healthcare law.

The federalist argument is also severely undercut by the fact that since joining the U.S. Congress in 2007, Bachmann has appropriated more than $3.7 million in earmarks. What is more, when Republicans sought an earmark moratorium, Bachmann pushed to exclude transportation projects from the ban.
WOW...3.7 million ???? What a big spender she is. She opposed an "earmark" moratorium on federally built US highways and interstate Highways, mmmm who's responsibility is that?

Bachmann may also be plagued by her involvement in a controversial pardon. In 2007, Bachmann wrote a letter requesting a presidential pardon for a convicted drug-smuggler and money-launderer named Frank Vennes. Vennes was convicted of money laundering in 1988 and pleaded no contest to a cocaine and weapons charge. Making matters worse, he and his wife donated a total of $27,600 to Bachmann’s 2006 and 2008 election.

On October 2, 2008, Rep. Bachmann wrote a second letter after Vennes’ home was raided by federal agents investigating his connection to a billion dollar Ponzi scheme, this time admitting: “Regrettably, it now appears that I may have too hastily accepted his [Frank Vennes] claims of redemption and I must withdraw my previous letter.” Bachmann’s spokesman tells me, Rep. Bachmann “has remained disassociated from Mr. Vennes and is saddened by the latest charges that were filed against him.” Some have questioned whether or not evangelical Christians like Bachmann may be naive when it comes to claims of redemption. Should Bachmann’s campaign gain steam, she will likely have to answer questions about her judgment.
What a rarity, a politician admitting they made a mistake in judgement and then taking personal responsibility for that mistake. When has 0bama done that?

Bachmann’s fiscally conservative positions will also need to be squared with the fact that from 1995-2009, the Bachmann Family Farm (still listed as being owned by her deceased father-in-law) collected $259,332 in federal farm subsidies. According to financial disclosures, Bachmann has personally reported income of between $15,001-$50,000 from “Bachmann Family Farm LP. Bachmann & Associates.” (Additionally, the Christian psychology clinic run by Bachmann’s husband, Marcus, has received nearly $30,000 in state funding since 2007.)
Bachmann’s team tells me the family farm was put in a trust in order to provide for succession, which means that while the financial disclosure paperwork shows her as benefiting by virtue of her role as trustee, she has not received any of the money and is not involved in any operational decisions. Nevertheless, for a candidate who portrays herself as a paragon of fiscal conservatism, this may raise difficult questions.
What is discribed in this paragraph isn't uncommon for family owned farm corporations. Like any other business they will try to maximize profits as any other business does. I would have to question if she was voting on a subside bill that would benefit her personal interest. I think ALL candiates should be asked the difficult questions.
The author also implies impropriety on her part of her husband's business, without more info on that particular event it would be hard to decide.

Putting aside questions of ideology and judgment, Bachmann’s effectiveness as a legislator will almost certainly come into question if she begins to gain traction as a candidate. Since becoming a member of the U.S. Congress in 2007, even her fans concede that her legislative career has been relatively unremarkable. During an interview with The Daily Caller, Matt Kibbe, president and CEO of FreedomWorks, called her an “articulate spokesman” for the Tea Party, but added: “She doesn’t have a long list of legislative accomplishments.”
OK, this is a really funny statement, does the author really want to state comparing "accomplishments" of legislative success?
In fact, during her four years and four months in Congress, Bachmann has sponsored and passed only two bills (one recognizing the 150th anniversary of Minnesota and one honoring public child welfare agencies) and three resolutions. (Note: Her Healthcare Fiscal Accountability Act in the current Congress has 91 co-sponsors and her St. Croix River crossing legislation has bipartisan co-sponsorship and the support of Democratic Minnesota Gov. Mark Dayton. She is also talking with Democratic Minnesota Sen. Amy Klobuchar about working together on this issue.)
Hmmmm, bi-partisanship? We can have none of that! LOL
Another concern about Bachmann has to do with her ability to manage and retain her congressional office staffers. Bachmann’s high turnover is a running joke on the Hill. As one conservative staffer who wished to remain anonymous told TheDC: “Any member of Congress who goes through five chiefs [of staff] is a nightmare.” (Bachmann is now on her fifth chief of staff in five years.) Former Minnesota GOP Chairman Ron Carey, who served as a Bachmann chief of staff, resigned from Bachmann’s staff after just five months. Carey recently told an AP reporter, “I don’t believe she would be ready for the position of the president of the United States.”
Sounds like she is pretty demanding alright and not always genteel in her dealings with her staff(employees), maybe she expects the to do the job they were hired to do.
I don't know if she is ready to be in that position either, but then I had the same thoughts about....you know who.

Sounds like another wannabee like Huckabee!
Now this part I do believe you wrote.
It's obvious that you didn't do the leg work on this extensive look into Bachmann's history so how bout providing your source?

Peace.
Yea, right

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll

Trip,

Sucks when another candidate carries around a 7 piece luggage set throughout the primaries. I never said I constructed the article, I simply highlighted the merits of the story. Bachman is doomed. You cant claim to be a pure conservative when your really a moderate going against everything the tea party stands for.

Peace.

moreluck

golden ticket member
How does your candidate not become doomed when he laid one way before election and flip flopped on his supporters afterwards? He has a record now and it comes down to ..."It's the economy, stupid"!!

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
How does your candidate not become doomed when he laid one way before election and flip flopped on his supporters afterwards? He has a record now and it comes down to ..."It's the economy, stupid"!![/QUOTE]

MORELUCK,

you finally are coming around. The economy is doing great by comparison to BUSHs 8 years and its getting better everyday. DONT LOOK now moreluck, the stock market is at 12500 teasin us with 13000. Under Bush he took the dow from 14000 to 6800.... thats the wrong direction maam unless you like going downhill.

The market loves obama, the 3 trillion dollars lost under bush has been regained and grown. More Companies have made record profits in the first 2 years of Obama than they did in 8 years of bush.

You are correct, its the economy STUPID.

Peace.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Bush left 6% Unemployment
Obama at over 9% Unemployment......oh yeah, that's better!
The stock market has been down 3 or 4 days in a row.......I know, I watch UPS everyday.
Houses are worth half what people paid for them....yeah, that's a great economy.
Gas was $1.83 when Bush left....Mine's over $4.25 now.

Gee, the improvement is incredible !! WAKE UP !!!!
Piece

Anybody that says the economy is doing just fine is in a coma !!!!

moreluck

golden ticket member
How does your candidate not become doomed when he laid one way before election and flip flopped on his supporters afterwards? He has a record now and it comes down to ..."It's the economy, stupid"!![/QUOTE]

MORELUCK,

you finally are coming around. The economy is doing great by comparison to BUSHs 8 years and its getting better everyday. DONT LOOK now moreluck, the stock market is at 12500 teasin us with 13000. Under Bush he took the dow from 14000 to 6800.... thats the wrong direction maam unless you like going downhill.

The market loves obama, the 3 trillion dollars lost under bush has been regained and grown. More Companies have made record profits in the first 2 years of Obama than they did in 8 years of bush.

You are correct, its the economy STUPID.

Peace.

That last line should be in quotes....unless of course you are calling me stupid. that would be against the TOS......you should change your name Terms of Service and you don't compute.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
(CNS News) — President Barack Obama and First Lady Michelle Obama own between $2.1 million and $10.25 million in U.S. Treasury securities, according to the president’s financial disclosure form released yesterday.
But all of that money is invested in short-term U.S. Treasury bills and intermediate-term U.S. Treasury notes. None is in long-term U.S. Treasury bonds.
By definition, according to the U.S. Treasury Department, Treasury “bills” mature in one year or less, Treasury “notes” mature in terms of 2 to 10 years, and Treasury “bonds” mature in 30 years.
U.S. Treasury bonds pay a higher interest rate than the shorter-term Treasury notes and bills, but they also carry a higher risk of their value being eroded by inflation.
…As listed on page 3 of the disclosure, the president and first lady own three blocs of U.S. Treasury securities. They own a bloc of short-term Treasury bills worth between $100,001 and $250,000 in a SEP/IRA. They own a much larger bloc of short-term Treasury bills worth between $1,000,001 and $5,000,000 that is not in an IRA. And they own a bloc of intermediate-term Treasury notes worth between $1,000,001 and $5,000,000.
It’s almost like he knows America’s going to hell in a hand basket thanks to his Keynesian policies.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
The Unraveling of a Ponzi Scheme

The news media in this country are in a stupor. Either out of ignorance, or complete leftist bias and fraud to protect their socialist hero Barack Obama, the mainstream media has turned a blind eye toward the enormous disaster facing our economy. The greatest Ponzi scheme in world history is coming to an end, leaving America on the precipice of economic Armageddon.
Bill Gross is the world’s biggest bond trader. He runs the PIMCO bond fund with over $250 billion under management. He recently disclosed through financial filings that PIMCO has sold every single U.S. bond in its portfolio. Local, state, federal bonds- all sold off. Gross knows bonds are about to default in record numbers. And most importantly, he knows that the last resort of the Federal Reserve buying our own government’s bonds at auction is a certain sign of Armageddon. When no one is left to buy your own debt but you, you have reached the end of a Ponzi Scheme.
Then there is legendary Wall Street investor Stanley Druckenmiller. He, too, is calling the Fed’s bond purchases a fraud and a Ponzi scheme. Druckenmiller says, “There is a phony buyer of $19 billion per week of Treasury Bonds.” The phony buyer he refers to is the U.S. government. Druckenmiller knows that when a country resorts to buying its own debt, we are seeing the last days of the Roman Empire.
Another Wall Street legend, Jim Rogers, spoke out at a business conference last week. He said he plans to short sell (bet against) U.S. bonds with both hands. Rogers added, “If any of you have bonds, I would urge you to go home and sell them. If any of you are bond portfolio managers, I would get another job…if I were you, I would think about becoming a farmer.”
The Ponzi scheme of printing fake money to pay real bills is coming to an end. The jig is up- there is no way to sustain America’s massive welfare state anymore. When the Stimulus runs out, states will face disaster. The federal government currently pays for 30% of the states’ bills. Without that welfare from the feds, the game is over for the states.
But that is just the start. The states pay 40% of the bills of their cities. As soon as that welfare ends, look for mounting numbers of municipalities to declare bankruptcy and default on their debts. The vicious cycle is only getting started.
On the federal level, the trustees of both Social Security and Medicare admitted just this past week that their massive Ponzi schemes are running on empty. Both funds are running out of money far sooner than projected. Social Security will now run a permanent deficit. It is also important to remember there is no money in the “lock box.” All that is in the lock box is worthless paper IOU’s. It has all been spent. The Ponzi scheme is unraveling.
The two scourges of any economy are unemployment and inflation. That is why those two statistics make up the entire “Misery Index.” The only expert I trust to give the true figures is John Williams of ShadowStats.com. He calculates those numbers the way our own government did until 1990, when they decided to rig the system to prevent panic and unrest. Based on pre-1990 calculations, today’s CPI inflation is now over 10% and unemployment is 15%. This 25% Misery Index is, by far, the highest in modern history.
Even more foreboding, 10% inflation is a leading indicator of hyperinflation on the way. Any rise in inflation would force dramatic raises in interest rates, which would eat up the entire budget. Game over for America.
http://biggovernment.com/waroot/2011/05/17/the-unraveling-of-a-ponzi-scheme/

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
The Unraveling of a Ponzi Scheme

The news media in this country are in a stupor. Either out of ignorance, or complete leftist bias and fraud to protect their socialist hero Barack Obama, the mainstream media has turned a blind eye toward the enormous disaster facing our economy. The greatest Ponzi scheme in world history is coming to an end, leaving America on the precipice of economic Armageddon.
Bill Gross is the world’s biggest bond trader. He runs the PIMCO bond fund with over $250 billion under management. He recently disclosed through financial filings that PIMCO has sold every single U.S. bond in its portfolio. Local, state, federal bonds- all sold off. Gross knows bonds are about to default in record numbers. And most importantly, he knows that the last resort of the Federal Reserve buying our own government’s bonds at auction is a certain sign of Armageddon. When no one is left to buy your own debt but you, you have reached the end of a Ponzi Scheme.
Then there is legendary Wall Street investor Stanley Druckenmiller. He, too, is calling the Fed’s bond purchases a fraud and a Ponzi scheme. Druckenmiller says, “There is a phony buyer of $19 billion per week of Treasury Bonds.” The phony buyer he refers to is the U.S. government. Druckenmiller knows that when a country resorts to buying its own debt, we are seeing the last days of the Roman Empire.
Another Wall Street legend, Jim Rogers, spoke out at a business conference last week. He said he plans to short sell (bet against) U.S. bonds with both hands. Rogers added, “If any of you have bonds, I would urge you to go home and sell them. If any of you are bond portfolio managers, I would get another job…if I were you, I would think about becoming a farmer.”
The Ponzi scheme of printing fake money to pay real bills is coming to an end. The jig is up- there is no way to sustain America’s massive welfare state anymore. When the Stimulus runs out, states will face disaster. The federal government currently pays for 30% of the states’ bills. Without that welfare from the feds, the game is over for the states.
But that is just the start. The states pay 40% of the bills of their cities. As soon as that welfare ends, look for mounting numbers of municipalities to declare bankruptcy and default on their debts. The vicious cycle is only getting started.
On the federal level, the trustees of both Social Security and Medicare admitted just this past week that their massive Ponzi schemes are running on empty. Both funds are running out of money far sooner than projected. Social Security will now run a permanent deficit. It is also important to remember there is no money in the “lock box.” All that is in the lock box is worthless paper IOU’s. It has all been spent. The Ponzi scheme is unraveling.
The two scourges of any economy are unemployment and inflation. That is why those two statistics make up the entire “Misery Index.” The only expert I trust to give the true figures is John Williams of ShadowStats.com. He calculates those numbers the way our own government did until 1990, when they decided to rig the system to prevent panic and unrest. Based on pre-1990 calculations, today’s CPI inflation is now over 10% and unemployment is 15%. This 25% Misery Index is, by far, the highest in modern history.
Even more foreboding, 10% inflation is a leading indicator of hyperinflation on the way. Any rise in inflation would force dramatic raises in interest rates, which would eat up the entire budget. Game over for America.
http://biggovernment.com/waroot/2011/05/17/the-unraveling-of-a-ponzi-scheme/

Do you have a life?

moreluck

golden ticket member
Hey, I'm retired. FedEx said Baba didn't have a life and they post almost the same amount....you should of picked Upstate = 10.87.