Michele Bachmans turn at the Stupid Wheel with Obama!

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Michele Bachman finds herself in her first serious controversy today as the house investigates her use of taxpayer money for a Tea Party Rally.

She, and three other republicans (Tom Price (R), Steve King (R), Todd Akin (R) use tax payer money illegally to fund a tea party rally. The amount $13,360.00 was taken from each representatives accounts and used improperly.

This money (taxpayers money) should be returned to the treasury.

How does this stand with Tea Party activists who are against wasteful goverment spending? Looks like the hypocrites are in plain view once again.

http://www.rollcall.com/issues/56_141/bachmann-plays-with-house-money-206599-1.html?pos=hftxt

Welcome to the Sarah Palin stupid train Michele!

Peace.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Quote:

"The money came from the Members' taxpayer-funded office accounts, despite House rules prohibiting the use of these funds for political activities. Bachmann's office insists the expense was a proper use of official funds.
Bachmann billed the event as a "press conference," which can be funded from official accounts. But no questions were taken from the press and, unlike most press conferences, it opened with a prayer, the national anthem and a recitation of the Pledge of Allegiance."

Peace.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Quote:

"The money came from the Members' taxpayer-funded office accounts, despite House rules prohibiting the use of these funds for political activities. Bachmann's office insists the expense was a proper use of official funds.
Bachmann billed the event as a "press conference," which can be funded from official accounts. But no questions were taken from the press and, unlike most press conferences, it opened with a prayer, the national anthem and a recitation of the Pledge of Allegiance."

Peace.

Even the great and powerful Obama has held press court where he took no questions! You call enough people stupid, it comes right back to you!

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
BUDDY,

Read a bit more carefully next time. Here, try it again.

"The ethics watchdog group Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington filed a complaint with the Office of Congressional Ethics at the time, claiming Bachmann had violated a clearer directive from the House Administration Committee that Member websites "may not include grassroots lobbying or solicit support for a Member's position." Bachmann had posted a release on her site announcing the event. The ethics office apparently investigated the complaint and dropped it."

This complaint is a separate issue, and not the one about the taxpayer money. Good try, but no cigar.

Bachman will ultimately "payback" the taxpayers and clear her name before this gets blown to all Holy hell! LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Next time buddy brown, keep it in context and read every word and every sentence, it may help you avoid (you know) sounding Sarah Palin-like.

Peace.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Michele Bachman finds herself in her first serious controversy today as the house investigates her use of taxpayer money for a Tea Party Rally.

She, and three other republicans (Tom Price (R), Steve King (R), Todd Akin (R) use tax payer money illegally to fund a tea party rally. The amount $13,360.00 was taken from each representatives accounts and used improperly.

This money (taxpayers money) should be returned to the treasury.

How does this stand with Tea Party activists who are against wasteful goverment spending? Looks like the hypocrites are in plain view once again.

http://www.rollcall.com/issues/56_141/bachmann-plays-with-house-money-206599-1.html?pos=hftxt

Welcome to the Sarah Palin stupid train Michele!

Peace.

As far as this particular stupid train, all you have to do is find the skeletons in the closet and you will see exactly what they will be challenging in their next debate.

Typical Tea-Bagger, do as I say and not as I do.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Whats next Michele? Crosshairs on your webpage?

""I want people in Minnesota armed and dangerous on this issue of the energy tax because we need to fight back. Thomas Jefferson told us 'having a revolution every now and then is a good thing,' and the people -- we the people -- are going to have to fight back hard if we're not going to lose our country." -Rep. Rep. Michele Bachmann, March 2009""

Sheesh, will they ever learn.

Peace.

""I want people in Minnesota armed and dangerous on this issue of the energy tax because we need to fight back. Thomas Jefferson told us 'having a revolution every now and then is a good thing,' and the people -- we the people -- are going to have to fight back hard if we're not going to lose our country." -Rep. Rep. Michele Bachmann, March 2009""

Peace.
Mole hills into mountains. rave on

Peace.
HAHAHA, talk about taking things out of context, hello pot. I'm thinking timeline is important to context. Bachmann's quote was made, in 2009, U.S. Rep. Gabrielle Giffords was shot in Jan of 2011. The uproar of objections and speculations surrounding the "cross-hairs" ans such didn't rise untill after the shooting. This must be an oversight on your part because we all know you would never be disingenuous; LOL peace LOL

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
HAHAHA, talk about taking things out of context, hello pot. I'm thinking timeline is important to context. Bachmann's quote was made, in 2009, U.S. Rep. Gabrielle Giffords was shot in Jan of 2011. The uproar of objections and speculations surrounding the "cross-hairs" ans such didn't rise untill after the shooting. This must be an oversight on your part because we all know you would never be disingenuous; LOL peace LOL

What are you talking about? Giffords has nothing to do with this quote. The quote speaks for itself. Tea Party rhetoric using "guns" as a metaphor for fighting democrats. A subtle suggestion that "guns" may have to be used in our country in order for the republicans to regain power.

Pandering to people who live in fear and feel the need to have guns for one reason or the other, and the ease of controlling the thoughts of those people with guns by suggesting that there may come a time to use them politically.

Trying to "tie in" Thomas Jefferson and "revolution" in the same sentence is completely ridiculous. This demonstrates how the right wing Tea Party will take things completely out of context in order to control their followers. It appears Tea Party people are inept at discerning facts from fiction. They listen to people like Michele Bachman who has MISQUOTED either the constitution or the founding fathers over and over all across the country in rallies and speeches.

In this statement alone, BACHMAN not only misquotes Thomas Jefferson, but she adds guns to the quote.

Here's what Thomas Jefferson really said " I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical. Unsuccessful rebellions, indeed, generally establish the encroachments on the rights of the people which have produced them. An observation of this truth should render honest republican governors so mild in their punishment of rebellions as not to discourage them too much. It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government."

In a letter to James Madison, and addressing farmers concerns, Jefferson references "rebellion" and NOT REVOLUTION.

Letter:
http://www.earlyamerica.com/review/summer/letter.html

Bachman changes words to incite the listeners, especially those with guns. Jefferson makes no mention of guns while talking about rebellion.

(IMO) Tea party followers are ignorant of history and havent paid one second of attention to what the founding fathers actually said, wrote or stood for. Its easy for republican politicians to travel the country belonging to an organization that touts the founders and the constitution making misrepresentations simply because they know the listeners will not FACT CHECK them.

The statement I posted shows Michele Bachmans ignorance of history and is just another of her many misquotes of the founding fathers.

My question was, "whats next michele. crosshairs on your webpage"?

Its the next logical step in her mis quote to the people listening to her. Asking for a subtle "revolution" demonstrates her inability to lead as a politician.

Only those likely to sleep with a gun to feel safe would understand Michele Bachmans intentions.

Peace.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Not me, I understand what the founding fathers said, wrote and intended, and if they were alive today, they would have NOTHING to do with the Tea Party.

Peace.

Lue C Fur

Evil member
Not me, I understand what the founding fathers said, wrote and intended, and if they were alive today, they would have NOTHING to do with the Tea Party.

And they would have nothing to do with your Messiah either because they would not have allowed the idiot Liberals to screw up America like they have.:wink2:

What are you talking about? Giffords has nothing to do with this quote. The quote speaks for itself. Tea Party rhetoric using "guns" as a metaphor for fighting democrats. A subtle suggestion that "guns" may have to be used in our country in order for the republicans to regain power.

Pandering to people who live in fear and feel the need to have guns for one reason or the other, and the ease of controlling the thoughts of those people with guns by suggesting that there may come a time to use them politically.

Trying to "tie in" Thomas Jefferson and "revolution" in the same sentence is completely ridiculous. This demonstrates how the right wing Tea Party will take things completely out of context in order to control their followers. It appears Tea Party people are inept at discerning facts from fiction. They listen to people like Michele Bachman who has MISQUOTED either the constitution or the founding fathers over and over all across the country in rallies and speeches.

In this statement alone, BACHMAN not only misquotes Thomas Jefferson, but she adds guns to the quote.

Here's what Thomas Jefferson really said " I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical. Unsuccessful rebellions, indeed, generally establish the encroachments on the rights of the people which have produced them. An observation of this truth should render honest republican governors so mild in their punishment of rebellions as not to discourage them too much. It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government."

In a letter to James Madison, and addressing farmers concerns, Jefferson references "rebellion" and NOT REVOLUTION.

Letter:
http://www.earlyamerica.com/review/summer/letter.html

Bachman changes words to incite the listeners, especially those with guns. Jefferson makes no mention of guns while talking about rebellion.

(IMO) Tea party followers are ignorant of history and havent paid one second of attention to what the founding fathers actually said, wrote or stood for. Its easy for republican politicians to travel the country belonging to an organization that touts the founders and the constitution making misrepresentations simply because they know the listeners will not FACT CHECK them.

The statement I posted shows Michele Bachmans ignorance of history and is just another of her many misquotes of the founding fathers.

My question was, "whats next michele. crosshairs on your webpage"?

Its the next logical step in her mis quote to the people listening to her. Asking for a subtle "revolution" demonstrates her inability to lead as a politician.

Only those likely to sleep with a gun to feel safe would understand Michele Bachmans intentions.

Peace.
I find it strange that before Giffords there was no mention of "cross-hairs", targets and/or guns mentioned by the left as being a bad thing in the use of metaphors(in fact democrats also "targeted" certain regions and opposing candidates with targets on maps before the tea party did) . That's where the uproar started. Your statement of, "when will they learn" related directly to the aftermath of the tragedy of that day.

Oh and BTW, pot you misqouted Bachmann. Nowhere in the quote you posted did she mention guns.

wkmac

So as I hear it about Michelle Bachmann, she's for a limited power state and wants to roll back the size of gov't. So is this really true in her case?

Really?

WASHINGTON -- Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-Minn.) has built a large part of her conservative appeal on strict opposition to federal intervention in the free market. Her real-time criticism of the Troubled Asset Relief Program earned her plaudits among the base voters who will soon decide Republican primary elections. Her pledge to repeal President Obama's health care law, on grounds that it imposes an across-the-board government solution, has become a focal point of her presidential campaign.
When it comes to the agriculture industry, however, Bachmann's record doesn't match the fiscal conservative hype. A Freedom of Information Act request for communications the Minnesota Republican has had with the Department of Agriculture shows that she leaned heavily on federal officials for help -- never more so than when it came to aiding the pork and dairy producers in her state.
On Oct. 5, 2009, Bachmann wrote Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack praising him for injecting money into the pork industry through the form of direct government purchases. She went on to request additional assistance.

Opps!

moreluck

golden ticket member
So as I hear it about Michelle Bachmann, she's for a limited power state and wants to roll back the size of gov't. So is this really true in her case?

Really?

Opps!

So does the gov't injecting money into the pork industry through direct purchases mean they bought hot dogs for their summer picnic or bacon for their employee breakfast celebration?