Michelle Obama

moreluck

golden ticket member
25s8svp.jpg

rod

Retired 22 years
Free lunches for everyone for the next 4 years at a school district not far from me. They also said that in this school system 75% of the students already qualified for free or reduced cost meals. 75 firkin %. It's time we quit being the worlds babysitter and took care of a few of our own problems.

oldngray

nowhere special
Free lunches for everyone for the next 4 years at a school district not far from me. They also said that in this school system 75% of the students already qualified for free or reduced cost meals. 75 firkin %. It's time we quit being the worlds babysitter and took care of a few of our own problems.

A lot of Somali immigrants near there?

moreluck

golden ticket member
My friend taught in a border town in Texas and they would bus in kids for the free lunch program at his school......the problem is they were not students of this school and were all illegal.

rod

Retired 22 years
A lot of Somali immigrants near there?

Actually no. A few American Indians but for the most part just a normal Scandinavian/German/Polish area. The Somalis hang around Minneapolis/St. Paul area. I think every person at the Mpls. airport is Somali.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It's being funded by taxes.

Rural schools grant.....that's funny.
The district is now providing free breakfasts and lunches to all of its students at every grade level. "We feel that offering the meals at no charge to all students will ensure that all young adults will get healthy meals," NAC Superintendent Laura Marlow told the Press-Republican.
The arrangement is made possible through the community eligibility provision of the federal Healthy Hunger-Free Kids Act of 2010, which grants funding to qualifying high-needs schools to operate their breakfast and lunch programs.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
The district is now providing free breakfasts and lunches to all of its students at every grade level. "We feel that offering the meals at no charge to all students will ensure that all young adults will get healthy meals," NAC Superintendent Laura Marlow told the Press-Republican.
The arrangement is made possible through the community eligibility provision of the federal Healthy Hunger-Free Kids Act of 2010, which grants funding to qualifying high-needs schools to operate their breakfast and lunch programs.
Where exactly do you think this money came from?
Hint hint, it starts with a T.

moreluck

golden ticket member
It used to be that your parents gave you healthy meals.

texan

It used to be that your parents gave you healthy meals.
It is such a mystery how you Moreluck, and I made it to our ages without
the governments intervention on our diet in our upbringing and school.

The Brown-bag we brought each day somehow allowed us to be alive in
our late 50's and 60's. Amazing is it not?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right

Imagine if you had parents who didn't give a crap about you. Where would you be then? That's the situation a lot of the kids on free and reduced lunch are in.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Imagine if you had parents who didn't give a crap about you. Where would you be then? That's the situation a lot of the kids on free and reduced lunch are in.
It's also the situation that some parents mooch off of the taxpayer.
And it's probably the situation that you are 100% ok with parents mooching off of the taxpayer.

moreluck

golden ticket member

It's amazing I didn't get beat up for the garlicky meatball sandwiches I brought to school for lunch.....luckily it was an Italian neighborhood so I wasn't alone.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
So where are their parents ( who probably are just kids themselves ) ?
What was that quote a few years back , oh ya , It takes a village to raise a child .
But when your village is gov't assisted housing with people who only know a EBT card & drugs as sources of income one can guess as the type of upbringing they have .
But it's no really their parents fault , it was the way their parents taught them to live . The nice democrats will always feel guilty and provide everything you need .

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
So where are their parents ( who probably are just kids themselves ) ?
What was that quote a few years back , oh ya , It takes a village to raise a child .
But when your village is gov't assisted housing with people who only know a EBT card & drugs as sources of income one can guess as the type of upbringing they have .
But it's no really their parents fault , it was the way their parents taught them to live . The nice democrats will always feel guilty and provide everything you need .
So what's your solution?