Microsoft Patents ‘Avoid Ghetto’ Feature For GPS Devices

texan

What do you think on the below?

REDMOND, Wash. (CBS Seattle) –
Microsoft has been granted a patent for its “avoid ghetto” feature for
GPS devices. A GPS device is used to find shortcuts and avoid traffic, but Microsoft’s patent states that
a route can be plotted for pedestrians to avoid an “unsafe neighborhood or being in an open area
that is subject to harsh temperatures.

Microsoft Patents ‘Avoid Ghetto’ Feature For GPS Devices CBS Seattle

moreluck

golden ticket member
What do you think on the below?

REDMOND, Wash. (CBS Seattle) –
Microsoft has been granted a patent for its “avoid ghetto” feature for
GPS devices. A GPS device is used to find shortcuts and avoid traffic, but Microsoft’s patent states that
a route can be plotted for pedestrians to avoid an “unsafe neighborhood or being in an open area
that is subject to harsh temperatures.

Microsoft Patents ‘Avoid Ghetto’ Feature For GPS Devices � CBS Seattle

I say to hell with the politically correct and Microsoft can call it whatever it wants.......BUT, will also suffer any repercussions from naming it insensitively..............maybe "avoid dangerous territory" or "avoid high crime area".

texan

I say to hell with the politically correct and Microsoft can call it whatever it wants.......BUT, will also suffer any repercussions from naming it insensitively..............maybe "avoid dangerous territory" or "avoid high crime area".

CBS and others named it avoid ghetto. That was not the original patent name.
Patent 8,090,532 - Pedestrian route production.

Last edited:

Catatonic

Nine Lives
CBS and others named it avoid ghetto. That was not the original patent name.
Patent 8,090,532 - Pedestrian route production.

Ghetto is a term I never liked.
Ghetto is what the Nazis called the areas they herded the European Jews (especially Polish Jews) into prior to the final solution.
However, I don't get all perturbed when someone uses the term Ghetto.

You can usually depend on the Liberal news people to use a derogatory racist term and get away with it.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Thats just nifty. I hate driving through downtown anywhere. I dont need my windshield washed or need to hand money to some loser under a stop sign who doesn't want to work as a Walmart greeter.