Microwave vs Oven

texan

How many use an oven for a Maria Callender Chicken pot pie vs a microwave? I just microwaved one, and it is not the best. Nothing beats an oven bake for frozen food, vs a microwave.

klein

Für Meno :)
I only purchase dual microwaves. Bought 1 of those 20 years ago and loved it... On my second one now, bakes the best chicken, turkey, roasts, pizza, you name it.

I hardly ever use my stove oven.

(dual microwaves the bake and nuke)

It's actually quite odd at times, when I have company over, they think I'm nuking the roast or whatever is cooking in it.
(I get in trouble Heehee) :)

texan

But I love roast chicken in oven sir. Love rost lamb in oven also. Can not imagine nuking them.

klein

But I love roast chicken in oven sir. Love rost lamb in oven also. Can not imagine nuking them.

You got it wrong texan - mine also works as a convection oven. (yes, I get to set the tempertures - 325, 350, 375, 400, 425, 450F or lower)....

Or even dual cook, half microwave and half convection - cooks the best chicken.... nice baked skin, yet juicy and very tender inside and takes only about 35-45 min, depending on the lbs.... (the nuke-convection oven figures it out, after entering the meat & weight details).

moreluck

golden ticket member
I still use the oven for pot pies and TV dinners. I only use my microwave for warming and re-heating leftovers....or frozen burritos.
Only an oven will give you a proper roast chicken or turkey....bake a cake......bake cookies. Remember, we were many, many years with just the oven when the microwave was unheard of.

I have dual ovens....the upper is convection and the lower is regular. Neither is a microwave. I have a microwave mounted beside my dual ovens.

I'm old fashioned that way....I still dice my own onions, use real garlic, make mashed potatoes from scratch...not instant in a box. I don't see Wolfgang and Paul Prudhomme or Giata or Paula or Ina or Mario using the 'nuker' very much!! I will follow their lead!!

klein

NNCF781S
Mid-size Inverter® Microwave / Convection oven

• Stylish stainless steel door & keypad
  • Half mirror glass finish
  • 4 way cooking
    - Microwave: defrosts, cooks or reheats food in minutes
    - Grill: crisp or toast the surface of your food
    - Combination: combines the speed of a microwave with baking of a convection oven
    - Convection: Bakes and browns with circulating heated air