Mid 30's feeling like high 60's

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by BROWNCAT, Oct 12, 2016.

1. BROWNCAT

BROWNCAT New Member

I've been working for this company for about 5 years, some part-time and some full time, I'm remembering when I started what HR guy told us, he said that this job requires a "Special Breed" of human, that not everybody is capable of doing the backbreaking hard job that UPS is... At first I was like "blah, blah... I'm capable of this and more, how hard could it be to unload/load amazon boxes and deliver them to houses in a automatic truck"... How wrong I was.... Now not even halfway through my career at UPS I feel like I don't even know If I'm going to survive 25 years of this without some type of surgery or some type of deep medical condition since I feel some type of pain/discomfort on every bone/muscle of my body... Not that "Special Breed" of humans I guess... Some times I feel like getting out of here in one peace now that I still can, but then I think where else I'm going to get the same benefits/compensation/pension package that I get here without a college degree. the dilemma is: Is this job really worth it? or Is what we get just a tiny fraction of what we are giving and is not worth it at all...

(Just thinking out loud on another day with another :censored2:ty load in paradise :dots:)

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  2. Just wait until you hit 50!!!!

3. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

Get to the gym and start lifting weights. It really helps.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  4. UPSER110

UPSER110 Active Member

Def start taking you breaks, don't jump out of the truck, watch your lifting,lowering, and twisting. This is a marathon. My self I have lost a few lbs by eating healthier which has helped my knees and ankles hurt less. I do need to start working out too.

5. KOG72

KOG72 Well-Known Member

Getting close

6. Just wait, my friend

7. KOG72

KOG72 Well-Known Member

I thought at first that this was a temperature thread,I was wrong.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Funny Funny x 5
    • List
  8. Hillbilly

9. scooby0048

scooby0048 This page left intentionally blank

Well, you're wrong. Just another Oh, poor me whiny thread. Now GTFO of here!

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  10. dookie stain

dookie stain Well-Known Member

This thread could be about my waist size after the lunch I just ate.

11. Overworked75

Overworked75 New Member

I know where you are coming from. I've been here for almost 16 years (10 full time) and never had a problem besides a sprained ankle back in the day. Now I found out about 1 1/2 months ago I have bulging/herniated discs in my back. It really puts things in perspective as I'm 40 and have a wife and two kids to take care of. I know I'm not the only to have these issues, but it does worry me a little because this job hasn't gotten any easier. Good luck to you in whatever you choose.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  12. KOG72

KOG72 Well-Known Member

One and only

13. scooby0048

I hear those are nasty painful and don't always get fixed properly causing more pain.

14. tacken

tacken Active Member

They will push us all to the breaking point. And then put a younger cheaper model in.

15. Overworked75

Overworked75 New Member

I wish I knew if they heal or not. Never had any problems when I was younger playing sports. I often think about how I will make it another 15 years. I definitely don't want to end up crippled because of any job!

16. onehandsolo

onehandsolo Active Member

Bite the bullet and hire a personal trainer for a few months. I good trainers will help you with your balance and strength. Also maybe try finding a good Chiropratic

17. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

Golden Corral?

18. scooby0048

Good luck to ya then.

19. cosmo1

cosmo1 Just another internet hooligan.

Shouldn't have mentioned that.

20. dookie stain

dookie stain Well-Known Member

I wish...pizza buffet