Mid-Atlantic area busier than peak.

STFXG

Why are FedEx Ground drivers underpaid so severely when compared to a UPS Driver? What makes FedEx Ground such a great company to work for?

Economics. Someone will accept the job so why pay more than needed? UPS gets what they do because of the union. It's as easy as that.

FedEx Ground isn't a great company to work for. They just pay well enough to deal with the headache.

Code43

Economics. Someone will accept the job so why pay more than needed? UPS gets what they do because of the union. It's as easy as that.

FedEx Ground isn't a great company to work for. They just pay well enough to deal with the headache.

Fair enough.

dvalleyjim

You sold out and the best deal you could get to continue driving is 150 stops, 13 hour days for $160 and 1 week of vacation. I think I'll pass on your advise. Someone with your experience should command much more than that, but hey negotiating's not for everyone.
You still know very little. I sold out with a profit of over a 1/4 million dollars. I don't need to work but I'm still young. So what if I like what I do. I don't own it. I'm not getting scammed and I'm too young to retire. I could run my bosses' business or yours for that matter. You are arrogant and should humble yourself.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
You still know very little. I sold out with a profit of over a 1/4 million dollars. I don't need to work but I'm still young. So what if I like what I do. I don't own it. I'm not getting scammed and I'm too young to retire. I could run my bosses' business or yours for that matter. You are arrogant and should humble yourself.

If you're doing it because you like it, then God bless you, but anyone smart enough to run a business would be doing that instead of working those hours for that money.

bbsam

Staff member
1/4 of a million...in 5 years that likely 3/4 of a million.

It will be fine

I do 125 to 150 stops in a 172 mile area. I get to work a 7:30 am and get home at 8:30 pm I make $160.00. That's 15/hr straight pay with only 1 weeks vacation per year. Tell me this is not a rip off you so called business men. This is a scam and the drivers are the ones that are paying the price.
If you think it's a business fine. I always knew it was a scam. I sold when it became only a scam for FedEx and no longer for me. I've seen both sides of the scam and the drivers are not compensated the same as the competition.
You're a bit hard to follow, is it a scam or no? The whole operation is a scam and drivers get the worst of it, so that's why you sold out and became a driver? Your best option in life was to take what you consider the worst position in an organization? You really put in 13 hr days 51 weeks a year because you just love delivering boxes since you don't need money? I should humble myself to your wisdom so someday I can get a sweet deal like you have going? I'll take my 2 hr days for substantially more income, thanks.

STFXG

Sounds like someone went through a good old fire sale and became a driver... What did you do to get your walking papers dvalleyjim?

1fedexFAILURE

So why doesn't ground try to move to unionize??

dvalleyjim

If you're doing it because you like it, then God bless you, but anyone smart enough to run a business would be doing that instead of working those hours for that money.
I sold my last three routes for 250000.00 I sold my other 5 routes earlier. I had to move to the East Coast for family reasons. I'm not interested in a flame war with you people. I don't care what you think. I went from absentee contractor who doesn't care about his business, according to FedEx, to ISP poster boy talking to FedEx lawyers about how they should precede after getting their asses handed to them in the first CA lawsuit. I was a contractor ambassador to help bring the CA contractors on board with the new agreement. I have nothing to prove to you people and will not post on this again. Good luck. If you don't know it's a scam then are in denial. That being said, you can make money and not work if you have good drivers. The drivers make your business, not you and you will succeed or fail because of them. This goes back to my original point about how drivers aren't fairly compensated. Enough said. Been there, done that.

bbsam

Staff member
I sold my last three routes for 250000.00 I sold my other 5 routes earlier. I had to move to the East Coast for family reasons. I'm not interested in a flame war with you people. I don't care what you think. I went from absentee contractor who doesn't care about his business, according to FedEx, to ISP poster boy talking to FedEx lawyers about how they should precede after getting their asses handed to them in the first CA lawsuit. I was a contractor ambassador to help bring the CA contractors on board with the new agreement. I have nothing to prove to you people and will not post on this again. Good luck. If you don't know it's a scam then are in denial. That being said, you can make money and not work if you have good drivers. The drivers make your business, not you and you will succeed or fail because of them. This goes back to my original point about how drivers aren't fairly compensated. Enough said. Been there, done that.
You are arguing something that nobody is denying. Drivers are not fairly compensated.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
I do 125 to 150 stops in a 172 mile area. I get to work a 7:30 am and get home at 8:30 pm I make $160.00. That's 15/hr straight pay with only 1 weeks vacation per year. Tell me this is not a rip off you so called business men.

why are you working for such a low pay scale? oh because we're dumb enough to take it!

i'm in a similar boat right now because our stops per day didn't dip that much from peak season... i start at about 7am loading/micro-sorting the packages to the van (without pay~ that's the scam for the drivers)

then on-the-road at 930-10am. depending on the area/traffic/weather i'll get done by 830-930pm

sure, some of us will not enter our start time as 7am on the powerpads, just because we aren't getting paid to load our own vehicles.

i'd take a manager's job if i were you, and be just a supplemental / backup driver to slip-seat if something hits the fan

or re-negotiate your salary pay (or pay per stop)
and stay on the road

Crozz

why are you working for such a low pay scale? oh because we're dumb enough to take it!

i'm in a similar boat right now because our stops per day didn't dip that much from peak season... i start at about 7am loading/micro-sorting the packages to the van (without pay~ that's the scam for the drivers)

then on-the-road at 930-10am. depending on the area/traffic/weather i'll get done by 830-930pm

sure, some of us will not enter our start time as 7am on the powerpads, just because we aren't getting paid to load our own vehicles.

i'd take a manager's job if i were you, and be just a supplemental / backup driver to slip-seat if something hits the fan

or re-negotiate your salary pay (or pay per stop)
and stay on the road
If you loading for your loaders then your contractor is failing. My home guys come in at 8:00 and my ground guys come in at 8:30. We dispatch around 9:00-9:15. All my guys average 40-45 hours a week with lunch excluded. I can't pay like express and UPS so I make sure that I get everyone home by 5-5:30.

It will be fine

If you loading for your loaders then your contractor is failing. My home guys come in at 8:00 and my ground guys come in at 8:30. We dispatch around 9:00-9:15. All my guys average 40-45 hours a week with lunch excluded. I can't pay like express and UPS so I make sure that I get everyone home by 5-5:30.
Don't you have pickups? No Kinkos with their 6 pm pickup? The earliest the guys with Kinkos can get back to the building is 6:30-6:45.