Midland Tx

Goldilocks

Heard more than half the station quit to go work in the oil fields for 45 dollars an hour, 2000 dollar sign up bonus, 2 year contract. CDL and Hazmat certification a plus but not required. 70 hours week

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I asked my friend who is in Plano (which is on other side of state) about this. He said they have been asking for volunteers. Offering to pay for hotel, food and mileage to get there. This station everyone quit from is supposed to be a smaller station.

IamFedEx

I bet Midland Texas is also in the lowest payscale category of Express. 10 year employees making 500 bucks a week. Good for them for getting the hell out.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
A tip of the ten gallon hat and congrats to everyone at the Midland Tx station that quit this sheethouse. The work in the oil fields isn't any picnic but the wages and benefits are great. Something that FedEx will never offer again.

Goldilocks

Think more within the last 6 months. Texas is booming again. Lots of UPS and and Fedex opening too. 17 dollars an hour vs 45, lets see about 160,000 thousand a year vs 30 dahhh. No brainer. Google oil field jobs, Hazmat drivers in Midland Tx

IamFedEx

The Oil Business is a hard life. Most of the people I work with are good people and would be up for the challenge if paid accordingly and given the opportunity. I would say the majority of the drivers at my station are operating at about 45% of what they could do if motivated. No one cares. Only a few purple juice drinkers left. There's no reason to give 100% anymore. This company has been mismanaged straight to the crapper.

vantexan

FedEx is starting couriers at $22.70hr in western North Dakota. Heck McDonald's, Taco Bell, and others are starting at $15hr in Williston, ND. Rent is through the roof. Midland has gotten more expensive too. I think the Midland payscale has gone up one or two payscales from the lowest.

Keystone

I took the time to look the jobs in Midland up and here's what they are offering:

Location MIDLAND TX-797110000
Full-Time/Part-Time Full-Time
Category Courier
Salary $15.90
Job Family FedEx Express
High School Diploma Yes
Preferred Language English
Work Schedule/Shift Monday - Saturday between 7:30 am to 6:30pm

hypo hanna

15.90? in that job market? LOL, no wonder they can't hire or retain drivers. The unbelievable stupidity of fedex management never ceases to amaze me.
I asked my friend who is in Plano (which is on other side of state) about this. He said they have been asking for volunteers. Offering to pay for hotel, food and mileage to get there. This station everyone quit from is supposed to be a smaller station.
Was there any bonus pay involved or where they expected to live in the hellhole that is Midland and away from their families for the good of the company?

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
15.90? in that job market? LOL, no wonder they can't hire or retain drivers. The unbelievable stupidity of fedex management never ceases to amaze me.

Was there any bonus pay involved or where they expected to live in the hellhole that is Midland and away from their families for the good of the company?

He didn't know for sure but thought there was no bonus. Surely people would jump at the chance to do this for the good of the company. LMAO!