Midnight or Preload?

BlackCoffee

I have worked on the Midnight shift for over 5 years. I've been told that preload is a lot easier. The sorters receive the package with a colored dot on them signifying which belt they go to AND the packages are received from the unloaders at a much slower pace than on the midnight shift.
They actually slow down the speed of the belt.

NoRespect

Everyjob has pros and cons . I feel unloading and loading which is mainly the nights job is far more easy than loading 1000-1300 pieces into package car in a 4 1/2 shift on the preload.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I mean i heard it is easier than the twilight and especiaslly easier than midnights which is the toughest shift.

thoughts?
Preload is the busiest shift. Why you ask? Because the ground trailers do not have to be done by a specific time....technically. Preload....package cars must be wrapped by a certain time.....the air must be delivered by 1030am. Unless the hours of the preload shift work better in your life.....stay where you are.

NoRespect

bleedinbrown is right the slide is a seniority base area and you would get less hours being on the slide. Loading routes give more hours but like i said it is 900-1300 piece assignments that need to be done at a certain time. I see primary guys only get their 3 1/2 hours guarantee a day only. Well its up to you.