might be voting yes...

tejano408

that not true the last two years is split your BA didn't tell you. and you must not have kids because if you look at the TA the benefits suck compared to company benefits right now. most of your raise will go to the co-pays and prescriptions. and like my BA told us you give an inch they will take a mile so it would be better not to give them the opportunity to do it. so VOTE NO

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

that not true the last two years is split your ba didn't tell you. And you must not have kids because if you look at the ta the benefits suck compared to company benefits right now. Most of your raise will go to the co-pays and prescriptions. And like my ba told us you give an inch they will take a mile so it would be better not to give them the opportunity to do it. So vote no

Participating provider!!!!!

OMG

All the company has to do is offer a good raise over the span of a contract and to some people thats an automatic YES vote. IMO that is. Part time employees have been getting the shaft on starting wages for years. When I started in 1988 starting pay was $8 hour.

I have been with Central States for years so I do not know how it compares to the company plan. I pay my deductible and my co-pay and life goes on. I do agree that with the addition of 150k new members you would think that there would be some better coverage offered as an incentive.

Griff

I have some serious questions about the union and the union members if this terd gets approved.

Guess i'll be downshifting all the way to 1st gear from 3rd gear. Management might have to work longer hours for less pay but I certainly don't.

Hey runners, you'll have to take 50 stops off me while I eat my lunch instead of the usual 20. Ha-ha-ha

balland chain

All the company has to do is offer a good raise over the span of a contract and to some people thats an automatic YES vote. IMO that is. Part time employees have been getting the shaft on starting wages for years. When I started in 1988 starting pay was $8 hour.

I have been with Central States for years so I do not know how it compares to the company plan. I pay my deductible and my co-pay and life goes on. I do agree that with the addition of 150k new members you would think that there would be some better coverage offered as an incentive.

From what I read, the members who are already in the CS plan will not get any improvements like the new people that will be in the plan..The newbies will get an enhanced plan.. We will stay on the same suck ass insurance.

brown_trousers

From what I read, the members who are already in the CS plan will not get any improvements like the new people that will be in the plan..The newbies will get an enhanced plan.. We will stay on the same suck ass insurance.

There's alot of reasons to vote no... But I dont think thats one of them. Bottom line is that the majority of UPS workers are getting a REDUCTION in benefits. If you are keeping your benefits as is, then you are winning in that portion of the contract.

If we were to renegotiate benefits. It wouldnt be right to increase some peoples benefits while reducing others. Either we all get a raise, or we all get a pay cut.... no picking and choosing!

balland chain

There's alot of reasons to vote no... But I dont think thats one of them. Bottom line is that the majority of UPS workers are getting a REDUCTION in benefits. If you are keeping your benefits as is, then you are winning in that portion of the contract.

If we were to renegotiate benefits. It wouldnt be right to increase some peoples benefits while reducing others. Either we all get a raise, or we all get a pay cut.... no picking and choosing!

I respect your opinion, however can you explain to me why a UPSer that works out west should get BETTER benefits than workers in NC ?? We do the same job, for the same company. We all have to get medical care when needed, so why should I have to pay 20 bucks upfront before I see the Doc. then get a bill for 20% of the total bill, and as I have mentioned in other post, our 20% comes off the total bill, not the negotiated discount that CS pays the 80 % of..If some one can give me a valid explanation as to how that is fair I will read it. I dont think we here in NC are winning anything, we are getting the same thing we had. Last year I spent out of pocket over 4000.00 for medical care that CS refused to pay for.. I even went to my local for help and she too was take aback . So for some of us it is a reason to vote no.. So to you it is fair for others to get better insurance than us who are currently in the CS plan, that for us is a lateral move, nothing gained.. Wages, pensions, healthcare, etc should be uniform company wide. We all do the same work, be it package driver or feeder driver, loader, unloader mechanic , etc. So your statement " Either we all get a raise or we all get a pay cut ", well I agree to an extent. But with us having to pay more for medical care, that is a pay cut when I have to use my money to pay to go to the Doctor and others don't.

stink219

So their are people in a CS plan that Teamcare will still be better than? This contract will be ratified!!